117 posts
  • 8 / 12
 by aeneas1
4 years 10 months ago
 Total posts:   16894  
United States of America   Norcal
Hall of Fame

i check into the throwback joe's thread from time to time much like i slow and crane when i come across a fender bender, it's such a curiosity to me... btw, love your stuff hacksaw, but it's kinda weird to see waterfield's name on a jersey from that era.

by Hacksaw
4 years 10 months ago
 Total posts:   24523  
United States of America   AT THE BEACH

aeneas1 wrote:love your stuff hacksaw, but it's kinda weird to see waterfield's name on a jersey from that era.

Thanks A-1.

I was fairly certain he wore those colors at the end of his Rams career in 51 & 52.

However you are a vintage gear guru so I'm now questioning it.

Screenshot_20190531-152007_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20190531-151940_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20190531-151926_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20190531-151917_Chrome.jpg

by aeneas1
4 years 10 months ago
Hall of Fame

Hacksaw wrote:I was fairly certain he wore those colors at the end of his Rams career in 51 & 52.

jersey color isn't the prob, he certainly did sport that color shirt when he played for the rams, it's the nameplate, nflers didn't start wearing names on the back of their jerseys until many years later (nfl 70s, afl 60s), so to my eye it's a bit weird seeing a player's name on a jersey from that era.

that said, it's an absolutely beautiful looking jersey, have always wanted one of those yellow jerseys from that era even tho i'm not much of a jersey guy, every once in a while a mitchell and ness version will pop on ebay (they discontinued them many moons ago) but i've always been outbid, next time around i think i'll open up the wallet given the couple of mitchell and ness rams jerseys i've purchased in the past have been off-the-hook beautiful!

by aeneas1
4 years 10 months ago
Hall of Fame

speaking of vintage jerseys, southland (who made jerseys for the nfl back in the day) also made a consumer line back in the day as well that, like mitchell and ness) were over-engineered and beautiful, there are a couple on ebay right now ($299 obo)...

01.jpg

really like the vintage yellow on blue too:

02.jpg

by Hacksaw
4 years 10 months ago

Beautiful A-1. I've always loved the blue version. A Hirsch or Van Broklin could be in order..
Yeah the nameplate is a bit of an add on. Sleeves a little different too. Good eye.

by Ramsdude
4 years 10 months ago
 Total posts:   1071  
United States of America   Pa.
Pro Bowl

His site ( https://throwbackjoe.com/ ) is back online now and he raised his prices. Still no Twitter or other social media. I would love to order another hoodie but not sure of I want to chance not getting it on time. What a shame.

I have ordered 6 hoodies already. The first one took only 3 months to arrive. The last one took 11 1/2 months. The average time was about 6-8 months to arrive.

by Hacksaw
4 years 10 months ago

SWAdude wrote:I put in an order right now.

I will let everyone know when I get it.

Me to. Beat the backlog.

by Elvis
4 years 10 months ago
 Total posts:   38495  
United States of America   Los Angeles
Administrator

bigscarymexican wrote:i'm on month 9 right now, hopefully i get it while robert woods is still a ram. :roll2:

Welcome aboard BSM, and good luck with TBJ...

• 8 / 12
117 posts Apr 24 2024