492 posts
  • 2 / 50
 by LA_1968
6 years 1 month ago
 Total posts:   70  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Practice Squad

Brace for impact email.

I'm guessing the cheapest club seats' PSL price will be around $15,000 per seat. And that's 5 yard line, 2/3-3/4 of the way up. Of course that only entitles the purchase of the actual tickets and parking.

Gotta be a little cold hearted on this even though I have a little bit of priority single season ticket. The PSL marketplaces always have fair deals. I guess that's unless you're a Packer fan which, hehe, LA doesn't kind of competition.

by Lewal
6 years 1 month ago
 Total posts:   44  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Undrafted Free Agent

LA_1968 wrote:Brace for impact email.

I'm guessing the cheapest club seats' PSL price will be around $15,000 per seat. And that's 5 yard line, 2/3-3/4 of the way up. Of course that only entitles the purchase of the actual tickets and parking.

Gotta be a little cold hearted on this even though I have a little bit of priority single season ticket. The PSL marketplaces always have fair deals. I guess that's unless you're a Packer fan which, hehe, LA doesn't kind of competition.

I agree. Based on what I've read about the most recent new stadiums for major sports, there is likely to be a great disparity between what the PSLs are initially offered at and their actual market value are. I think I'm going to wait it out a couple years to see if I can buy some seats second-hand at a substantial discount.

by LARAMSFAN66
6 years 1 month ago
 Total posts:   112  
United States of America  
Practice Squad

Looks like I'll pass on the Club seats:

https://www.ocregister.com/2018/03/07/h ... w-stadium/

By VINCENT BONSIGNORE | vbonsignore@scng.com | Daily News
PUBLISHED: March 7, 2018 at 2:00 am | UPDATED: March 7, 2018 at 2:26 am

Los Angeles football fans waited more than 21 years to get the NFL back in town, and a brand new state-of-the-art stadium to go along with it. But it wasn’t without a little bit of trepidation. The concern came in the form of the personal seat license fee season ticket holders were going to have to pay to secure their preferred seats.

Or in the case of the Rams and Chargers, an SSL. Short for stadium seat license.

It’s a one-time fee season ticket holders pay for the right to buy and own a season seat over the lifespan of a new stadium. All revenue generated goes directly toward construction of the stadium, which is being financed by Rams owner Stan Kroenke. Chargers ownership – headed by Dean Spanos – also holds an interest in Stadco, the entity that will own the stadium.

The SSL is a tax, if you will, on hardcore fans to offset the price of erecting a new stadium.

And as we’ve seen across the NFL, the prices can be exorbitant. In Dallas, for instance, the top end of the PSL’s for Jerry’s World was $150,000. That’s on top of the yearly price for the actual ticket.

Los Angeles fans have been bracing for the worst while awaiting the Rams and Chargers seat license pricing plan for the $2.6 billion stadium they’ll eventually share in Inglewood.

They might be in for a pleasant surprise.

Beginning this week, the Rams and Chargers are each making their 13,000 premier club seats situated primarily in the lower bowl of the stadium available to their current season-ticket holders. And with them their SSL pricing. Granted the high point is way up there – $100,000 for the Rams and $75,000 for the Chargers on their 500 exclusive all-access seats. But it’s not Cowboys expensive.

And based on the low point for club seat pricing – $15,000 for the Rams and $10,000 for the Chargers – one thing is clear: The SSL’s for the vast majority of season seats for both clubs – or roughly 75 percent of the stadium’s 70,0000 capacity – will be under $15,000 dollars.

The Rams and Chargers will announce season ticket and SSL pricing for non club seating at a later date, but based on their premium seat pricing some season tickets could come with an SSL price as little as $500 to $1,000.

“We’ve tried to be very thoughtful about how to price this building,” said Rams Executive Vice President and COO Kevin Demoff. “We understand it’s a uniquely premium and unbelievable experience, but we tried to make sure that it takes into consideration what the commensurate value should be for the fan. We’ve done two years worth of focus groups and surveys and talking to fans and we feel this is a very thoughtfully priced map that provides the appropriate value for each seat.”

Said Chargers President of Business Operations A.G. Spanos: “A lot of thought went into the pricing of these seats. We conducted focus groups and surveys. We spoke to fans one on one. A lot of testing went into this. And it was absolutely done with the fan in mind.”

With one added bonus. Unlike previous PSL programs across the league, the Rams and Chargers SSL plan includes an innovative repayment program. All payments made under the SSL agreement, including any finance charges, will be treated as refundable deposits, with repayment from available funds to be made in 50 years.

In doing so, the fee becomes tax free to the teams. Which means every dollar generated by the SSL program will go directly to stadium cost and every penny will be returned to the buyer.

“I think the most simple way to put it is, if you buy a Rams season-seat licence, you’ll get your money back. And when you buy a Chargers season-seat license, you’ll get your money back,” said Demoff.

Starting this week and continuing over the coming months, Rams and Chargers season ticket members, as well as fans who signed up for the new stadium waitlist, will receive an invitation to make an appointment at the LA Stadium Premiere Center, located in Playa Vista to check out premium seat options.

Among the highlights:

500 all-access seats located on the second level between the 45-yard-lines that include all-inclusive food and beverage, access to two different clubs and the guaranteed right to purchase tickets to nearly every stadium event – including the Super Bowl.
2,500 VIP seats located on the first and second levels between the 30-yard-lines featuring all-inclusive food and beverage access to two different clubs and first priority access to purchase tickets to nearly every stadium event – including the Super Bowl.
10,000 club seats located from the 35-yard-line to the corners featuring access to one club, priority pre-sale to most events at the stadium and the opportunity to purchase premium parking.
All 13,000 tickets have a set cost – $375 for the Rams and $350 for the Chargers. The SSL range reflects seat location and access to various premium experiences.
The Rams premium-seat SSL pricing is $100,000, $80,000, $35,000, $25,000 and $15,000.
The Chargers premium SSL pricing is $75,000, $50,000, $25,000, $15,000 and $10,000.

by St. Loser Fan
6 years 1 month ago
 Total posts:   10511  
United States of America   Saint Louis MO
Hall of Fame

Lewal wrote:I agree. Based on what I've read about the most recent new stadiums for major sports, there is likely to be a great disparity between what the PSLs are initially offered at and their actual market value are. I think I'm going to wait it out a couple years to see if I can buy some seats second-hand at a substantial discount.

Based upon my experience here in St. Louis I'd say wait.

When we stole the Rams from you the cheapest PSLs were $250, $500 and $1000. When the PSL sales opened the $250 and $500 price points got like 4 or 5 times demand. I tried for those and the cheapest PSL I could buy was $1000. Those are the ones I had to get if I wanted in the place. It was kinda tough being right out college to pay for that.

• 2 / 50
492 posts Apr 16 2024