10 posts
  • 1 / 1
 by den-the-coach
8 years 10 months ago
 Total posts:   870  
United States of America   Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Veteran

Now as I've posted many times I love the Gateway City and it's closer to New York (where I reside Upstate) and I enjoy the games starting at 1300hrs or 1:00pm for civilian personnel. However, the best scenario with all things considered is the Inglewood project for the Rams.

It takes them to the number 2 market which once the city of champions stadium is built might just propel the market pass Texas and enables the franchise to increase their memorable sales as they become more relevant. Also I agree with Bob Costas that it makes far more sense to have two teams from different conference to ensure CBS & Fox get their piece of the pie.

Obviously I would love the Rams to be the only game in L.A., but if it gets the vote of Spanos to give him assurances that the door is always open so be it. Also the Oakland Raiders have always been the black eye of the NFL no matter how you slice it and Marc Davis is not his daddy in more ways than one. The Raiders if they can't stay in Oakland would be better served in St. Louis and don't give me the gobbledygook that "We're a California team." Because Marc Davis was flirting heavily with San Antonio and the last time I looked that was not located in the Golden State.

I believe that Marc Davis will be forced to sell in the future like Chip Rosenbloom was once he has to pay the inheritance tax and that will give St. Louis time to reinvent itself as a city Ala Pittsburgh and then find a suitable owner, but the Rams & Chargers in Los Angeles with the Raiders heading to the Gateway City is how I seeing it playing out because it's the best of all worlds, however, our St. Louis resident brothers have to take it on the chin and that is the unfortunate part because they truly did nothing to deserve it.

by Hacksaw
8 years 10 months ago
 Total posts:   24523  
United States of America   AT THE BEACH

Nice post den. StL Rams fans don't deserve to be ground in the gears of the NFL money machine any more than LA fan did years ago. The greed is sickening although in this situation, I feel a little vindicated since the same team returning was ripped away from us undeservedly too.
Thank goodness for us and may the same goodness befall the fans in StL in a few years when they get their funding situation in better order and Davis exhausts all his possibilities in Oakland.

by Elvis
8 years 10 months ago
 Total posts:   38436  
United States of America   Los Angeles
Administrator

Hey Den, how did you come to be such a big L.A. Rams fan living on the East Coast?

by den-the-coach
8 years 10 months ago
Veteran

Elvis wrote:Hey Den, how did you come to be such a big L.A. Rams fan living on the East Coast?

Everybody in my family were Giants, Yankees, Rangers and Knick fans so at the young age of 7 (1973) when my dad, grandfather's & uncle's peppered me that I was old enough to select my favorite teams, I thought how can I be as opposite of all them? And thus began rooting for the Rams, Dodgers, Lakers & Kings. The only caveat was they all said there is no going back you have to be loyal no matter what and thus I've been rooting for the left coast ever since.

by Hacksaw
8 years 10 months ago

Wise choice den. I like the James Dean approach. There was something special about those B&W Los Angeles Rams. Hard to turn away.
The Lakers choice must have given you a lot of braggin rights when it came to NBA over the years. Not so much in the 60's but since the 80's it was on.

by BuiltRamTough
8 years 10 months ago
 Total posts:   5357  
Armenia   Los Angeles
Hall of Fame

There are a lot of pros when it comes to the Rams in LA.

1. Most expensive stadium in the world.
2. A very unique stadium, we haven't even seen it all
3. More national coverage meaning more primtime games.
4. The Rams will rejuvenate and be relevant again. This club needs a power shot, you put them in LA and they'll be the new kids in town and with that stadium jeezuz.
5. More free agents will come to LA, some players might take less money just to be seen in LA.

No doubt they'll be an elite franchise here.

by den-the-coach
8 years 10 months ago
Veteran

BuiltRamTough wrote:There are a lot of pros when it comes to the Rams in LA.

1. Most expensive stadium in the world.
2. A very unique stadium, we haven't even seen it all
3. More national coverage meaning more primtime games.
4. The Rams will rejuvenate and be relevant again. This club needs a power shot, you put them in LA and they'll be the new kids in town and with that stadium jeezuz.
5. More free agents will come to LA, some players might take less money just to be seen in LA.

No doubt they'll be an elite franchise here.

All of the above and I'm shocked more Ram fans don't see this of the asset it really is. Hey, when they moved from Orange County to St. Louis, it was truly the first stadium the Rams ever had and the PSL's plus the sweetheart lease deal that Cruella Deville received everyone understood even though the market size was in question the reasons why and in fact, many owners became envious of the evil queen and that started a free free for all that followed with Art Modell and Bud Adams moving as well.

So truly the Rams moving to Los Angeles is best for all worlds with the addition of a fan base that is already there because the Rams were in place for 49 years.

by Hacksaw
8 years 10 months ago

No offense to those StLouisans and I'm sure it has many positives, but it was a downgrade for the Los Angeles Rams.

by Elvis
8 years 10 months ago
 Total posts:   38436  
United States of America   Los Angeles
Administrator

den-the-coach wrote: Everybody in my family were Giants, Yankees, Rangers and Knick fans so at the young age of 7 (1973) when my dad, grandfather's & uncle's peppered me that I was old enough to select my favorite teams, I thought how can I be as opposite of all them? And thus began rooting for the Rams, Dodgers, Lakers & Kings. The only caveat was they all said there is no going back you have to be loyal no matter what and thus I've been rooting for the left coast ever since.

So can i assume you're an astronaut, or possibly a cowboy?

That's a great story, and your stick–to–itiveness is impressive.

by den-the-coach
8 years 10 months ago
Veteran

Elvis wrote:
So can i assume you're an astronaut, or possibly a cowboy?

That's a great story, and your stick–to–itiveness is impressive.

Much closer to a Cowboy than an astronaut took calc three times in college before getting my "C" but loyalty is my greatest strength as well as my greatest weakness.

• 1 / 1
10 posts Apr 16 2024