14 posts
  • 1 / 2
 by Hacksaw
8 years 10 months ago
 Total posts:   24523  
United States of America   AT THE BEACH

It makes absolutely no sense to announce it before the season. No one profits. giant LAME DUCKS.

I thought he was wearing make-up.

by dieterbrock
8 years 10 months ago
 Total posts:   11512  
United States of America   New Jersey
Hall of Fame

If it's August, and they announce they are going to LA, can fans who have paid for tickets get refunds?

by BuiltRamTough
8 years 10 months ago
 Total posts:   5357  
Armenia   Los Angeles
Hall of Fame

Hacksaw wrote:It makes absolutely no sense to announce it before the season. No one profits. giant LAME DUCKS.

I thought he was wearing make-up.

That's true but also think about this, if they do announce it it'll give them a year start to market the team in LA. People in LA will be tuning in to watch the Rams play, even if it's in the dome. I think if SD reaches a deal with the Chargers the NFL will announce that it has picked Inglewood.

Besides the Rams are having trouble selling tickets right now for the dome, it's basically a lame duck season for them as of now.

I think it's a long shot that they announce in August but it all depends on what the Chargers do. I for one think the Chargers will get what they want in SD and they will stay put.

by Hacksaw
8 years 10 months ago

BRT. I hope you right, I just don't understand it, unless it's a move to further poison the well in StL making a decision for the league. I mean if he announces how could the league send him back there to what would become purgatory for him. It could also suck the air out of potential Carson investors and sponsors as they would have to fear the heft of Stan's bank account. I could actually see that. But in a strong sense he'd be going rogue by doing that.

BTW, the make-up reference in my last post was referring to 'rouge' not rogue.

by Hacksaw
8 years 10 months ago

dieterbrock wrote:If it's August, and they announce they are going to LA, can fans who have paid for tickets get refunds?

I hear you. It wouldn't be fair to those who did as I'm certain that would change their perspective on the use of their money. I'm sure their tickets didn't come with a disclaimer 'buyer beware'.
I would have to imagine the league would enforce that too. Why would ESK choose to speak to soon when he rarely speaks at all?

by Hacksaw
8 years 10 months ago

BuiltRamTough wrote:We have to be patient I guess.

I hear you. All this is driving my antsy nuts. But like a good train-wreck I can't turn away. I guess we've waited this long (20 years) so another few months won't kill us. If they don't come home, that might.

by Elvis
8 years 10 months ago
 Total posts:   38463  
United States of America   Los Angeles
Administrator

Hacksaw wrote:BRT. I hope you right, I just don't understand it, unless it's a move to further poison the well in StL making a decision for the league. I mean if he announces how could the league send him back there to what would become purgatory for him. It could also suck the air out of potential Carson investors and sponsors as they would have to fear the heft of Stan's bank account. I could actually see that. But in a strong sense he'd be going rogue by doing that.

BTW, the make-up reference in my last post was referring to 'rouge' not rogue.

I got it, in fact i was this close to making a similar rouge joke myself.

Glen Walker stands by his story:

Though it seems he got his info from Mayor Butts who is denying it:

There's a lot of ways this could have happened, and of course we don't know which it is, or even if we're thinking of all the possibilities.

But maybe the story is true, somebody talked out of turn and now everybody is denying it.

It's could be a fake leak from the SD/Fabiani or Peacock/STL camp to make Kroenke look like a bad actor and sway league opinion against him.

Probably it's just some over zealous reporters thinking they have something and wanting to be first.

or it could be something else entirely...

• 1 / 2
14 posts Apr 20 2024