8 years 11 months ago
 Total posts:   24523  
United States of America   AT THE BEACH

by dieterbrock
8 years 11 months ago
 Total posts:   11512  
United States of America   New Jersey
Hall of Fame

I can't imagine them leaving San Diego. More so than the Rams leaving St Louis or the Raiders leaving Oakland.

by Hacksaw
8 years 11 months ago

dieterbrock wrote:I can't imagine them leaving San Diego. More so than the Rams leaving St Louis or the Raiders leaving Oakland.

They have been there longer than the rams were in LA. Oakland the same (save LA). All 4 AFC west teams were in the AFL West before the merger. Leaving those cities is wrong and if they do and the divisions get broken apart it's even worse. 20 years is a long time so it's no so great for StL either but of all the scenarios, RETURNING the Rams to LA would be the easiest for the casual observer to understand.

I truly believe that Spanos and Davis would rather stay put and are only pedal to the metal for Carson (apparently) because of the leverage. Sure if all else fails then they'd do Carson. But that would mean the Rams plan would wilt and that amazing stadium in Inglewood would likely go bye bye.

by Elvis
8 years 11 months ago
 Total posts:   38452  
United States of America   Los Angeles
Administrator

I know Fred Roggin thinks the Chargers are done in SD but i also have a hard time seeing it. They have too much history there. The city has a lot of money and nobody else really wants them.

Oakland i could see ending up pretty much anywhere. They're one step away from homeless in my book.

And of course, i'm pretty sure the Rams are already gone. But we'll just have to wait and see...

by Hacksaw
8 years 11 months ago

I hope Roggin knows something but I think he is wishful in his knowledge

• 1 / 1
6 posts Apr 19 2024