47 posts
  • 2 / 5
 by mike schad 1st rd
6 years 9 months ago
 Total posts:   244  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Rookie

I think we are getting off point. The only POINT of my post was not that we should react to poor Wentz throws or poor yards per Completion average. It's that if Goff were the Author of these the National Media AND ass-ole MeShawn and co would have a field day with the poor kid while they continue to kiss C.W. ass and keep up the mantra "he's going to be special". Wentz' windup and delivery is Awful. Like a pitcher with yips, this guy will be a head-case soon. Like I said, Goff will be better.

by majik
6 years 9 months ago
 Total posts:   1210  
United States of America   New Jersey
Pro Bowl

The point that given the circumstances Goff found himself in last season in the last 7 games: horrific Offendive coaching, porous OL, heartless WRs, a team that clearly that had packed it in, I don't think ANY QB would have succeeded.

Judging Goff, like so many national pundits and some here, based on the shitshow he was dropped into at the end of last year is not fair. This year he has a real offensive coaching staff, an improved OL, and WRs that actually will fight for catches and don't have alligator arms (Yeah that would be you Kenny and Brian).

The Wentz comparison is to demonstrate that rookie QBs facing adverse circumstances can struggle which Wentz did and seems to be the barometer for many Goff detractors. Prescott succeeded because he was plopped into an ideal situation.

by dieterbrock
6 years 9 months ago
 Total posts:   11512  
United States of America   New Jersey
Hall of Fame

Using Philly fans/media as any type of barometer is a mistake.
Wentz runs the gamut from Ryan leaf BUST to a Peyton Manning GOAT on a seemingly weekly basis

by aeneas1
6 years 9 months ago
 Total posts:   16894  
United States of America   Norcal
Hall of Fame

majik wrote:The Wentz comparison is to demonstrate that rookie QBs facing adverse circumstances can struggle which Wentz did and seems to be the barometer for many Goff detractors. Prescott succeeded because he was plopped into an ideal situation.

i think you're selling prescott way short and, again, wentz led the eagles to 18th in offensive scoring his rookie year, which was better than almost half the league, despite the less than ideal sitch he found himself in... goff? you don't have to convince me that he was thrown into a complete and utter offensive shit-show last season, so were all of the rams offensive players, he gets a mulligan as far as i'm concerned, so does gurley and others... but back to wentz, i'm not sure he's in the greatest hands with dink and dunk lover pederson at the helm, might as well be shurmur imo, altho pederson did have one above average season in kc, his last, which he parlayed into his eagles hc gig.

by snackdaddy
6 years 9 months ago
 Total posts:   9690  
United States of America   Merced California
Hall of Fame

majik wrote:I have been posting about this before. I live in the Philly area. Last season the Eagles had All-Pro RT Lane Johnson suspended for 10 games in the middle of the season (beginning in Game 5) for PEDs. During that 10 game stretch the Eagles went 2-8 with Wentz having a QB rating in the 60s for those 10 games. Even without Johnson, the Eagles OL was markedly better than the Rams OL last season.

Anti-Goff individuals I truly believe do not realize the circumstances Goff was placed into last year compared to Wentz. Many claim they would have chosen Wentz and point to his numbers last season but when you actually look closer at Wentz's performance when circumstances were not ideal (but still better than the last 7 games Goff experienced) during that 10-game stretch, I wonder if Wentz would have even matched Goff's performance if the Rams had indeed selected him.

I've been saying that all along. If the picks were reversed and Wentz went to LA, he'd suffer the same fate while fans in Philly would be giddy over Goff.

by Buffaloed
6 years 9 months ago
 Total posts:   19  
Canada   LA Coliseum
Undrafted Free Agent

Last night Wentz was missing a couple of his starting O linemen including his all star left tackle Jason Peters. That O line went against Bills starting D line which has 2 pro bowlers on the interior, and two 4-3 DEs who're finally playing in the right D scheme. He was supposed to look bad last night, and he did ok, didn't throw a pick.

Goff is going to need time. Who cares about what national media say. If Peyton Manning had today's expectations, he'd be a 2nd stringer after his rookie season. Expectations today are unrealistic. The thing you have to hope is Goff has a real strong head to block off all this crap talk. I'd think of last year as red shirt and this year as his rookie campaign.

by aeneas1
6 years 9 months ago
 Total posts:   16894  
United States of America   Norcal
Hall of Fame

Buffaloed wrote:Last night Wentz was missing a couple of his starting O linemen including his all star left tackle Jason Peters. That O line went against Bills starting D line which has 2 pro bowlers on the interior, and two 4-3 DEs who're finally playing in the right D scheme. He was supposed to look bad last night, and he did ok, didn't throw a pick.

Goff is going to need time. Who cares about what national media say. If Peyton Manning had today's expectations, he'd be a 2nd stringer after his rookie season. Expectations today are unrealistic. The thing you have to hope is Goff has a real strong head to block off all this crap talk. I'd think of last year as red shirt and this year as his rookie campaign.

i'm a big jerry hughes fan, very underrated imo... and, yeah, the bills have underperformed in the 3-4, 21st in offensive points allowed last year, 16th the year before, down from 2nd in 2014 when they last ran a 4-3... speaking of the bills defense, frazier will be their 6th dc in 7 years, mama mia...

by HopHead Ram
6 years 9 months ago
 Total posts:   1568  
United States of America   The Left Coast
Pro Bowl

max wrote:Fans feel a need to see other QBs as bad to make them feel better about their own QB.
I get it, but another QB playing poorly doesn't make my QB play better, and that's all I care about.

Well said

by Buffaloed
6 years 9 months ago
 Total posts:   19  
Canada   LA Coliseum
Undrafted Free Agent

aeneas1 wrote:i'm a big jerry hughes fan, very underrated imo... and, yeah, the bills have underperformed in the 3-4, 21st in offensive points allowed last year, 16th the year before, down from 2nd in 2014 when they last ran a 4-3... speaking of the bills defense, frazier will be their 6th dc in 7 years, mama mia...

Very good observations. You just pointed out the key issues with Bills the last 3 years. 1) Rex was the wrong hire for personnel - 3-4 guy when D was constructed for 4-3. He wasn't even on the top of the candidates list but he charmed the new owners. Former GM had an eye for talent but never got to hire his own HC. 2) the coaching turnover.

Yeah Hughes is looking very revived in the 4-3 again. He had a sack against eagles.

Speaking of schemes and personnel, Wade's a 3-4 guy, one of the best. But your roster's built for 4-3 is my guess? I guess Wade is making the tweaks but remains to be seen just how smart he is making his schemes fit the personnel. And that's also why EJ was shipped. I read he fits cover 3 corner scheme, the type McDermott wants. And that's why Bills wanted him.

• 2 / 5
47 posts May 20 2024