8 posts
  • 1 / 1
 by aeneas1
8 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   16894  
United States of America   Norcal
Hall of Fame

pff oline rankings for week 2, combined pass pro + run blocking:

havenstein and grob: 33rd and 34th, respectively, among the 66 tackles who saw at least 20 snaps, i.e. middle of the pack, better than bakhtiari (gby), barclay (gby), harris (den), staley (sfo), strief (nor), ja'wuan (mia), kalili (min), d'brickshaw (buf, never get tired of that name), moses (was), oher (car), cherilus (tam), reiff (det), flowers (nyg), and giacomini (nyj), to name a few... notables: free (dal) ranked 30th, gilbert (pit) ranked 31st. also worth noting, grob ranked 17th in run blocking among the top 32 left tackles, better than solder (neg), williams (was), d'brickshaw (buf), castonzo (ind), peters (phi), bakhtiari (gby) to name a few...

brown and saffold: 17th and 62nd, respectively, among the 68 guards who saw at least 20 snaps. brown graded out better than martin (dal), lauvao (was), scherff (was), boone (sfo), bitonio (cle), lang (gby), mathis (den), pugh (nyg), sweezy (sea), mankins (tam), britt (sea), beadles (jac), and vasquez (den) to name a few.

barnes: 14th among the 32 top centers, better than holmes (ind), martin (sfo), unger (nor), kelce (phi), mack (cle), and mangold (nyj) to name a few.

by OldSchool
8 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   1750  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Pro Bowl

About what I expected after the first two games. Really disappointed in Saffold he is just consistently getting beat. GRob and Hav have bad plays but both come up with some good, Saffold just doesn't seem to be clicking. Time to sit him a game?

by aeneas1
8 years 6 months ago
Hall of Fame

OldSchool wrote:About what I expected after the first two games. Really disappointed in Saffold he is just consistently getting beat. GRob and Hav have bad plays but both come up with some good, Saffold just doesn't seem to be clicking. Time to sit him a game?

actually i don't agree with pff's take on saffold at all, in fact i think he's done pretty well after watching the 22 tape, absolutely outstanding on a lot of plays, overall not a top 10 rg through 2 weeks, to be sure, above middle of the pack imo tho, certainly nowhere near bottom of the barrel as pff indictaes...

by OldSchool
8 years 6 months ago
Pro Bowl

aeneas1 wrote:
OldSchool wrote:About what I expected after the first two games. Really disappointed in Saffold he is just consistently getting beat. GRob and Hav have bad plays but both come up with some good, Saffold just doesn't seem to be clicking. Time to sit him a game?

actually i don't agree with pff's take on saffold at all, in fact i think he's done pretty well after watching the 22 tape, absolutely outstanding on a lot of plays, overall not a top 10 rg through 2 weeks, to be sure, above middle of the pack imo tho, certainly nowhere near bottom of the barrel as pff indictaes...

I haven't looked at the tape closely but he's been hit with a few false starts. Also there seemed to be more than a couple run plays to that side that were just blown up. Granted that's a 2 man problem if it happens most of the time but there seem to be more running plays to the right blown up than to the left. I'm just happy he's been healthy so far.

by Hacksaw
8 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   24523  
United States of America   AT THE BEACH

SaffoldIII is almost grading as the worst G in the league. Weren't we looking at him as the point of veteran stability on that young line. I'd hate to sit him because he usually ends up there after getting dinged anyway. Not sure what to make of this guy.
Let's hope Philly stinks this year and that 2nd rounder finds us another stud G,, use our own 1st on a WR.

by moklerman
8 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   7680  
United States of America   Bakersfield, CA
Hall of Fame

aeneas1 wrote:

It would be nice if PFF delivered what we would all like to see but I've found that their opinions need to be taken with a LARGE grain of salt.

by OldSchool
8 years 6 months ago
Pro Bowl

moklerman wrote:
aeneas1 wrote:

It would be nice if PFF delivered what we would all like to see but I've found that their opinions need to be taken with a LARGE grain of salt.

I agree the "saber" ratings haven't really gotten to football yet but they're coming. PFF is one of the only ones doing that kind of thing right now so they get a lot more press than they deserve.

by aeneas1
8 years 6 months ago
Hall of Fame

moklerman wrote:
aeneas1 wrote:

actually pff's saffold grade has nothing to do with what i would "like to see", it simply doesn't jive with the 22.. then again pff doesn't use 22, it uses national broadcasts, the same broadcast everyone else sees, which makes watching oline play awfully tough, and db & wr play almost impossible, but they're up front, they say that they score every player on every play if they can see him, if they can't see him, or make it out, they don't score on the play....

• 1 / 1
8 posts Apr 18 2024