9 posts
  • 1 / 1
 by Elvis
8 years 7 months ago
 Total posts:   38491  
United States of America   Los Angeles
Administrator

Apparently we were too much for our server to handle during the first half of the game and the site was often unreachable. It's kind of ridiculous considering we're still a petty small group.

Anyway, i'm pretty sure it was the live chat using all the resources. So either i'll have us ready to go next week or we'll just have a game day thread and no live chat.

Growing Pains...

by Hacksaw
8 years 7 months ago
 Total posts:   24523  
United States of America   AT THE BEACH

The server should get penalized 15 yds for Chaticus Interruptus. If we don't upgrade the system, AZ's Gameday thread will be fine with me.

by TSFH Fan
8 years 7 months ago
 Total posts:   699  
United States of America   The OC
Veteran

by moklerman
8 years 7 months ago
 Total posts:   7680  
United States of America   Bakersfield, CA
Hall of Fame

There's something going on and I haven't been able to figure it out. Too many teams look TOO bad. This isn't about unlikely teams starting 0-2, this is about teams just looking bad AND unlike their previous selves. After week 4 I think things will stabilize but the only thing I've come up with is that with all the guaranteed money being paid to so many players, guys are just not into football shape and far enough into the playbook. These are like preseason games instead of the 2nd week of the regular season. I can't come up with any other reasonable explanation.

EDIT: I wonder how many fumbles just squirted out the first couple of weeks? It seems like I recall a couple from week 1 and this week both Foles and Gore inexplicably had the ball just drop from their hands. Deflate-gate in action?

by bubbaramfan
8 years 7 months ago
 Total posts:   1117  
United States of America   Carson Landfill
Pro Bowl

Teams are still in Training camp mode. Its still pre-season. Because of the collective Bargaining Agreement with the players union, Teams can't even talk to players till training camp. 1st, 2nd and 3rd year players, especially the OL, are way behind defenses. No more 2 -a-days in TC. It all adds up to teams with a lot of new guys (Rams-youngest in NFL), are still in TC mode, and elite teams with lots of vets, (Packers, pats, etc...) have an early edge.

by Hacksaw
8 years 7 months ago
 Total posts:   24523  
United States of America   AT THE BEACH

In light of which you speak, I can see where the complexity of some of the different offenses and defenses may have some bearing to their early season success.
There has been discussion that the season should stretch to 18 games and by possibly eliminating or converting 2 of the pre's into regular season. This lack of preparedness would only be exacerbated by doing so.
Too much change all the time.

by moklerman
8 years 7 months ago
 Total posts:   7680  
United States of America   Bakersfield, CA
Hall of Fame

Hacksaw wrote:In light of which you speak, I can see where the complexity of some of the different offenses and defenses may have some bearing to their early season success.
There has been discussion that the season should stretch to 18 games and by possibly eliminating or converting 2 of the pre's into regular season. This lack of preparedness would only be exacerbated by doing so.
Too much change all the time.

Considering that is what the league wants and my own opinion of the officiating so far, it sure seems that the league is pushing things in that direction. So MANY penalties thus far and against so many teams. Seems like every time a big play finally happens, it gets called back. Called back on things that used to not get called very often. Offensive PI, Offensive hands to the face...I haven't been paying close attention but the NFL is starting to feel a lot like the NBA.

• 1 / 1
9 posts Apr 24 2024