2 posts
  • 1 / 1
 by bubbaramfan
8 years 11 months ago
 Total posts:   1117  
United States of America   Carson Landfill
Pro Bowl

Its been a bit since I've heard any news from Mr. Peacock. I still haven't heard where they have raised a dime to build their proposed stadium. Exactly how much REAL money does he have lined up? Not bonds, or proposed this or that, actual capital? Do they have any corporate partners? What company? Are they still asking Stan to pony up?
When will the next meeting with NFL be? Sure seems like they're taking their time. Drove Down Prarrie Blvd yesterday. Sure a lot of activity at old Hollywood Park.

by Hacksaw
8 years 11 months ago
 Total posts:   24523  
United States of America   AT THE BEACH

Bubba, next time you're up Inglewood way, take a few pic's and post them. I may do the same when I come up to Carson.
Unfortunately the rest of the development is what you a probably seeing. I don't think Stan will start digging the hole until the league gives him the nod. If he does then I have to think they already did.

Peacock had nothing much to report after the recent meeting either. I figure he either was told not to or he had little to say other than his usual positive spin. Fact still remains that the StL proposed stadium will now cost closer to $1BB and ESK has to pay for half of that. If StL comes up with a plan that will pay for the whole thing then the LA Rams are gone forever. This is as close as we will ever get to getting them back.
But if they don't, the only thing that could derail the state of the art NFL palace in Inglewood is the NFL itself, choosing to fix SD and Oak's problems. ESK only fixes SD or Oak.

I still think the Rams are here in 2016 and the Chargers join him in 2018 or 2019. Unless they get their city to get off their asses like StL finally did so late in the game.

• 1 / 1
2 posts Apr 15 2024