1540 posts
  • 108 / 154
 by St. Loser Fan
3 years 10 months ago
 Total posts:   10511  
United States of America   Saint Louis MO
Hall of Fame

Elvis wrote:Has anyone come up with So Fine yet?

No.

The url sofine.com is not active but it has an owner.
https://www.godaddy.com/whois/results.a ... gofd1001aj

by LARams_1963
3 years 10 months ago
 Total posts:   1191  
United States of America   North Port, FL
Pro Bowl

Great night vid of the Oculus in place. I guess I take it as a good sign that no one seems to be working at night. I mean, if they were behind I'm sure they would bring in a nightshift.

by St. Loser Fan
3 years 10 months ago
 Total posts:   10511  
United States of America   Saint Louis MO
Hall of Fame

sloramfan wrote:"is SOFI prefectly placed to handle post pandemic?"...

man i hope so SLF...

go rams

slo

But I also fear for older stadiums that don't have the space to accommodate the changes in traffic flow and spacing that might be needed. That includes places with character like Dodger Stadium, Wrigley, Fenway etc.

Plus, could some of the nicer spaces going in at SoFi (or existing at other sports venues) have to be "decontented" in the name of space?

by Elvis
3 years 10 months ago
 Total posts:   38436  
United States of America   Los Angeles
Administrator

https://www.latimes.com/sports/story/20 ... fi-stadium

Three more construction workers at SoFi Stadium test positive for COVID-19

By NATHAN FENNO
JUNE 4, 20205:37 PM

Three additional construction workers at SoFi Stadium in Inglewood have tested positive for COVID-19, increasing the number of known cases among workers on the project to 12.

According to emails Turner-AECOM Hunt sent to trade partners Wednesday and Thursday, and The Times reviewed, the latest positive tests came from workers in one of the owner’s suites on Level 2, Level 4 of the stadium and the attached performance venue.

Two of the workers were last on the site May 26 and the third was last there May 28.

Using identical language, the emails said the workers have “minor symptoms” and were wearing proper personal protective equipment at all times.

“All workers in close proximity also were wearing COVID-19 required PPE,” the emails said.

Seven of the cases have been reported by Turner-AECOM Hunt in the last eight days. The cases appear to have been spread around the 298-acre project, including one person working on the park to the south of the stadium, another person working in stadium telecom rooms and others working on several levels of the stadium.

The construction managers have taken a variety of steps to protect against the illness, including mandatory temperature checks for everyone entering the site, enforcing social distancing, having nonessential personnel work from home and directing workers to stay home if they feel sick.

The preseason game between the Rams and New Orleans Saints on Aug. 14 is scheduled to be the first major event at the stadium.

by Flash
3 years 10 months ago
 Total posts:   1205  
United States of America   Houston
Pro Bowl

https://www.latimes.com/sports/story/20 ... lting-work

SoFi Stadium construction worker falls and dies, halting work on the project

By NATHAN FENNOSTAFF WRITER
JUNE 5, 202012:37 PM UPDATED 1:28 PM
A construction worker died after falling at SoFi Stadium in Inglewood on Friday morning, and work on the $5-billion project has been temporarily stopped, according to the joint venture overseeing the project.

One person briefed on the incident, who spoke on the condition of anonymity because of the sensitivity of the matter, said the worker fell at least 60 feet while working on the roof in the southeast corner of the stadium near one of the massive concrete columns that support the structure.

“This is an extremely sad day,” a spokesman for Turner-AECOM Hunt said in a statement confirming the death. “Our thoughts and prayers are with his family, friends and colleagues at this extremely difficult time. We work extremely hard to prevent days like this and we have halted all construction activity.”

• 108 / 154
1540 posts Apr 16 2024