1540 posts
  • 45 / 154
 by aeneas1
4 years 11 months ago
 Total posts:   16894  
United States of America   Norcal
Hall of Fame

back in the day when i worked for various hotels and resort i was part of three different grand openings, our temporary offices would typically be located within 10 miles of the project, and once the project was completed we would move in and set up shop... what never ceased to amaze me was how head-spinningly quickly ff&e could be installed during the end of the construction process... 2-3 months before the grand openings were scheduled to take place none of these projects looked remotely close to being on track, but in every case they came together with time to spare, it was always a sight to behold.

by BuiltRamTough
4 years 11 months ago
 Total posts:   5357  
Armenia   Los Angeles
Hall of Fame

I think it’ll finish in time. I followed the Vikings and Falcons stadium construction and I was surprised how quickly everything came together the final year.

There’s probably going to be a concert to test out the stadium sometime in July/August 2020.

Metallica maybe?

by Hacksaw
4 years 11 months ago
 Total posts:   24523  
United States of America   AT THE BEACH

BuiltRamTough wrote:There’s probably going to be a concert to test out the stadium sometime in July/August 2020.

Metallica maybe?

I'm in

by Buck415
4 years 11 months ago
 Total posts:   19  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Undrafted Free Agent

I've heard that the Rams are planning several events for seat license holders in the summer to provide a "soft" opening giving the Rams a chance to fix any problems that pop up before game day.

by St. Loser Fan
4 years 11 months ago
 Total posts:   10511  
United States of America   Saint Louis MO
Hall of Fame

They had drama at the soft opening the MBenz Stadium in Atlanta with a Garth Brooks concert that was an acoustical disaster. It was so bad people were filing out early or demanding refunds.

by DirtyFacedKid
4 years 11 months ago
 Total posts:   973  
United States of America   San Clemente
Veteran

BuiltRamTough wrote:I think it’ll finish in time. I followed the Vikings and Falcons stadium construction and I was surprised how quickly everything came together the final year.

There’s probably going to be a concert to test out the stadium sometime in July/August 2020.

Metallica maybe?

Awww man...I wanted my ass to be the first ass in my seat!!

by St. Loser Fan
4 years 11 months ago
 Total posts:   10511  
United States of America   Saint Louis MO
Hall of Fame

The Rangers are already announcing the opening 2020 events.

IIRC when the Braves opened their ballpark they had some preseason games with just 15,000 tickets dispersed.

by Zen_Ronin
4 years 11 months ago
 Total posts:   2038  
Canada   Edmonton, AB
Pro Bowl

Imgur album of updated stadium model. Don't think it's anything new, but it's nice to look at.

• 45 / 154
1540 posts Apr 19 2024