1540 posts
  • 149 / 154
 by DirtyFacedKid
2 years 9 months ago
 Total posts:   973  
United States of America   San Clemente
Veteran

Huh. I was under the impression this whole time that it was American Airlines something-or-other.

by Elvis
2 years 9 months ago
 Total posts:   38436  
United States of America   Los Angeles
Administrator

DirtyFacedKid wrote:Huh. I was under the impression this whole time that it was American Airlines something-or-other.

Apparently to go from SoFi Stadium to the YouTube Theater you'll walk through the American Airlines Plaza...

by ziggy
2 years 8 months ago
 Total posts:   595  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Veteran

Its been reported that they were close to capacity... some estimating 70k people (because the field audience.) It was a lot-- and very few masks. Special guest was Deadmau5. I wasn't there, but the videos were amazing. Oculus and all the other video/technical effects and the setup of SOFI makes it an incredible concert venue.

by St. Loser Fan
2 years 8 months ago
 Total posts:   10511  
United States of America   Saint Louis MO
Hall of Fame

ziggy wrote:Its been reported that they were close to capacity... some estimating 70k people (because the field audience.) It was a lot-- and very few masks. Special guest was Deadmau5. I wasn't there, but the videos were amazing. Oculus and all the other video/technical effects and the setup of SOFI makes it an incredible concert venue.

Looks like they only sold tickets up to the 200 level and left everything above that empty. If you go to about 1:45 on the video you can see the 300, 400 and 500 levels didn't have people.

The Raiders also opened their stadium with an EDM concert (Illenium) and sold it out. But they also "papered" the place with cheap $19 tickets to fill it. The fact that SoFi wasn't full isn't a Rams issue. Seems like it was the promoter that made the decision to only sell tickets for the lower half of the stadium.

by Hacksaw
2 years 8 months ago
 Total posts:   24523  
United States of America   AT THE BEACH

From a construction aspect we now know the building can hold up to an EDM event

by St. Loser Fan
2 years 8 months ago
 Total posts:   10511  
United States of America   Saint Louis MO
Hall of Fame

Hacksaw wrote:From a construction aspect we now know the building can hold up to an EDM event

I'm sure the open design of SoFi helped with the (very) few people at the Kaskade concert that weren't partaking of the herb.

Like I've said before one of the flaws of the air supported roof domes was the air flow because they had to keep a higher internal pressure to keep it inflated. I saw Pink Floyd at the old RCA Dome in Indianapolis and it was a 60,000 person hot box that just recirculated the smoke for 3 hours.

by Joe Pendleton
2 years 8 months ago
 Total posts:   1843  
Virgin Islands (USA)   LA Coliseum
Pro Bowl

I'd have to smoke a lot of deh ganja for that show lol

• 149 / 154
1540 posts Apr 15 2024