1471 posts
  • 147 / 148
 by Mr. Sparkle
1 month ago
 Total posts:   588  
United States of America   Orange County Ca.
Veteran

LARams_1963 wrote:In a stadium that is obviously the best sporting venue in the world the trees in the parking lot (in planters) are a real head scratcher to me. It was the first thing I noticed when I was at the stadium. A couple things came to mind. First, while I'm sure they are drought tolerant trees I still think they will have to be watered at times. Second, and even bigger, is that after a game day those planters are going to be a nightmare to clean up. You just know they're gonna get trashed... literally, during tailgating (believe me, I saw first hand what the aftermath of tailgating looked like at the coliseum)

I agree. But think it is just temporary. Actually, the way I read it is many of these parking lots will be temporary. They will be slowly developing them as you can see in the renderings. Not sure what they're thought is with those trees.
After being there in person, I have to admit, I really "get" the indoor/outdoor thing. It really works. And the sun was warm on Sunday and the canopy really took the heat off. Can't wait to see a game there.

by Hacksaw
1 month ago
 Total posts:   19137  
United States of America   AT THE BEACH

LARams_1963 wrote:In a stadium that is obviously the best sporting venue in the world the trees in the parking lot (in planters) are a real head scratcher to me. It was the first thing I noticed when I was at the stadium. A couple things came to mind. First, while I'm sure they are drought tolerant trees I still think they will have to be watered at times. Second, and even bigger, is that after a game day those planters are going to be a nightmare to clean up. You just know they're gonna get trashed... literally, during tailgating (believe me, I saw first hand what the aftermath of tailgating looked like at the coliseum)

Great tailgates with you BTW. But the Coliseum looks a bit trashed even after they clean that old bird up. Even trashier are the folks that trash the joint. I hope SoFi might have that new car effect and people wont be so quick to scratch it.

by St. Loser Fan
1 month ago
 Total posts:   7154  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Hall of Fame

Hacksaw wrote:Even trashier are the folks that trash the joint. I hope SoFi might have that new car effect and people wont be so quick to scratch it.

I noticed that at Jerruh World the area around AT&T Stadium was in decent shape before and after the game. Older stadiums in less nice places don't get treated as well. The campus around Soldier Field gets trashed. The pedestrian bridge from downtown Nashville to Nissan Stadium is garbage strewn.

Plus it depends on the crowd. Kenny Chesney fans are notorious for their trashy behavior.

by Hacksaw
1 month ago
 Total posts:   19137  
United States of America   AT THE BEACH

Holy smokes. What's wrong with people?

by St. Loser Fan
1 month ago
 Total posts:   7154  
Hall of Fame

Hacksaw wrote:Holy smokes. What's wrong with people?

For some reason it's a "thing" with Chesney fans. Here in St. Louis the Cardinals wouldn't book him into Busch Stadium because of his fans bad reputation for tailgating hard and trashing the parking lots. It got to a point where one of the country music stations was having it's listeners pester the team on social media to let him come.

Hopefully the bosses at SoFi are aware of Chesney's fans inability to be reasonable human beings and will prepare for his show. It's still on the calendar to open the stadium.
https://www.sofistadium.com/upcoming-events/

by ziggy
15 hours ago
 Total posts:   176  
Rookie

A concert you’re not invited to...

https://www.dailybreeze.com/2021/04/13/ ... tions/amp/

Will “air” May 8th but taped at some secret time between now and then.

by rams74
11 hours ago
 Total posts:   1078  
Italy   Glendale, Arizona
Pro Bowl

I get nostalgic just seeing the word "VAX" in print.

The VAX was one of the greatest computer systems ever architected. Long gone. Built by Digital Equipment Corporation. Also gone forever. (Heavy sigh)

Ah, those halcyon days of yesteryear. Little did we realize then that it was but a moment in time, never to return. Not even to be remembered, except by old geeks like me.

Now the word VAX has been co-opted to mean something else entirely. Ah well.

• 147 / 148
1471 posts Apr 15 2021