1540 posts
  • 43 / 154
 by Hacksaw
5 years 1 week ago
 Total posts:   24523  
United States of America   AT THE BEACH

That's an interesting shot from a while back. Look at the size of that thing compared to those town homes. The lens is distorting the depth perception some though.

A little surprised that those town homes aren't as funky as you'd expect under a flight path and next to a race track in Inglewood.

by Horny Mcbae
5 years 1 week ago
 Total posts:   1543  
United States of America   South Bay, Los Angeles
Pro Bowl

St. Loser Fan wrote:From today's LA Times.

https://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la- ... story.html

Good read. This isn't even just a Inglewood problem unfortunately. It's happening in a lot of places even without the obvious boom Inglewood is going through. San Pedro went through a major face lift including the port/harbor area about 2 years ago and now it's getting to be super expensive which was previously known to be a very "affordable" place to live. Rents are out of control.

by BuiltRamTough
5 years 1 week ago
 Total posts:   5357  
Armenia   Los Angeles
Hall of Fame

I live in Glendale and there’s no rent control and it’s horrible.

It’s one thing for a landlord to raise rent 100-200 once a year but not double the rent all of a sudden like what’s happening in Inglewood. That’s messed up.

by DirtyFacedKid
5 years 1 week ago
 Total posts:   973  
United States of America   San Clemente
Veteran

El Segundo is stupid as well. We have a 9%/year cap on rent increases, but that's still ridiculous when you're paying $3k+/mo for your apartment. :evil2:

I feel horrible for those in The Wood who are getting fucked. On the flipside, my co-worker owns one of those townhomes in the picture and she's quite happy. :roll2:

by BuiltRamTough
5 years 3 days ago
 Total posts:   5357  
Armenia   Los Angeles
Hall of Fame

aeneas1 wrote:hell, if push came to shove it looks like the rams could play there this season!!!!

Looking at the Raiders stadium, idk if they could finish by the 2020 season

• 43 / 154
1540 posts Apr 19 2024