8 years 11 months ago
 Total posts:   38452  
United States of America   Los Angeles
Administrator

http://labusinessjournal.com/news/2015/ ... portfolio/

Kroenke Adds to L.A.-Area Portfolio

By HANNAH MIET
Thursday, April 30, 2015

St. Louis Rams owner Stan Kroenke’s Kroenke Group, a Columbia, Mo., real estate investor and developer, acquired a portfolio of five retail properties in the San Fernando Valley last month for $115 million.

The firm purchased the five Northridge shopping centers, totaling 268,362 square feet, from New York investment firm Angelo Gordon & Co. At $429 a square foot, the deal surpassed the $387-a-square-foot average sale price for retail properties in the Valley, according to CoStar.

The portfolio consists of 19320, 19350 and 19324-19352 Nordhoff St., and 8941-8959 and 9001 Tampa Ave. All of the properties were between 76 percent and 100 percent leased at the time of the sale. Tenants include Lane Bryant Inc., 24 Hour Fitness, Bed Bath & Beyond Inc. and Petsmart Inc.

Eastdil Secured represented the seller in the sale, and did not respond to requests for comment. Representatives of Kroenke Group, which represented itself in the transaction, did not respond to requests for comment. Angelo Gordon & Co. also did not respond to requests for comment.

Kroenke’s plans for the properties are unclear. Long before he became a National Football League owner, the bread and butter of Kroenke’s estimated $6.3 billion fortune was made developing shopping centers and warehouses across the country, many of them anchored by Wal-Mart Stores Inc. (Kroenke is married to a niece of Wal-Mart founder Sam Walton.)

Kroenke is already heavily invested in Los Angeles. He owns a home in Malibu and, more recently, bought a 60-acre site in Inglewood from Wal-Mart and is partnering with the developers of Hollywood Park on a proposed $1.86 billion football stadium on the joined sites.

by Hacksaw
8 years 11 months ago
 Total posts:   24523  
United States of America   AT THE BEACH

Elvis wrote:Plans for the property unclear? I'm gonna go ahead and call it: Training camp in the valley...

then it's a shorter drive to Ventura. Oh wait that's this year.

He's probably going to make improvements and start collecting the rent, unless...

by Hacksaw
8 years 11 months ago

I'm surprised the stlouis contingent hasn't made the argument that, 'See Stan buys land in LA that has nothing to do with a football stadium'.

by Elvis
8 years 11 months ago
Administrator

Hacksaw wrote:I'm surprised the stlouis contingent hasn't made the argument that, 'See Stan buys land in LA that has nothing to do with a football stadium'.

Yeah, no kidding. Though, Stan made a proposal to the NFL for a stadium to be built on his land so that's pretty hard to spin. (Though it does provide some pretty awesome leverage.)

You know, when Hokahey stopped posting at RRF, i took that as pretty strong sign that things were not going St. Louis' way. He always did his best to see events in the most pro-St. Louis way possible...

by Hacksaw
8 years 11 months ago

Elvis wrote:
Hacksaw wrote:I'm surprised the stlouis contingent hasn't made the argument that, 'See Stan buys land in LA that has nothing to do with a football stadium'.

Yeah, no kidding. Though, Stan made a proposal to the NFL for a stadium to be built on his land so that's pretty hard to spin. (Though it does provide some pretty awesome leverage.)

You know, when Hokahey stopped posting at RRF, i took that as pretty strong sign that things were not going St. Louis' way. He always did his best to see events in the most pro-St. Louis way possible...

That 'never ending story' Kroenke thread at ROD is beginning to make my head hurt. Discussing the myriad of opinions and arguing over opinionated minutia has become almost laugable.
That thread and the 'STL WILL BUILD A STADIUM' thread over at RRF is an exercise in attempted preservation of happiness. I mean, it's as if each side is desperate to make the defining point to quiet the other side so that they can feel comfortable up until the vote.

This sitch' sucks for everyone but will suck worst for the loser. Especially ESK if the league won't let him leave.. Now that we know he want's to leave it's a miracle for us LA fans to think the unthinkable could get reversed. Then if the owners side with StL again I will be beside myself.

by moklerman
8 years 11 months ago
 Total posts:   7680  
United States of America   Bakersfield, CA
Hall of Fame

Everytime I think I'm numb to the whole situation, someone will post an article that makes things look in favor of the Rams staying in St. Louis and it'll sting. So, I'm stuck on the hook like everyone else. My heart tells me I want them back in LA but my head worries about blackouts(think Dodgers).

The worst part is, since they gave up on Bradford, my interest level has taken a real hit. I hate when the team doesn't have a QB I like. I'm just not that interested in watching Kerry "Napoleon Dynamite" Collins right now. I want to be excited about all the changes but they've all combined to form an ambivalent stew.

Maybe when training camp rolls around things will perk up but the way I feel emotionally right now is just like when the benched Warner and then got rid of him. I never did warm up to Bulger and basically didn't get re-energized until the ownership change. I never did like Fisher but thought that he might have a Vermeil-like adjustment to the modern game. Now, he's done everything in his power to make the Rams into the Titans and it's got me very disinterested.

I started liking the Rams at the wrong time I guess. But the Rams teams I always preferred were led by a great QB, not a great running game. For me, it was Ferragamo. Then I had to wait around until Everett. Then another long wait and then Warner. Historically, Waterfield, Van Brocklin and Gabriel interested me. I appreciate great defense(which is rare for the Rams) and a strong running game but it's usually about the passing game for me.

And, when I look at the situation, I can't help but wonder why it took until Bradford was traded away for the Rams(Fisher) to really go all-in on the o-line? Sure, the Rams needed a lot of pieces but why didn't they START with the o-line? All of the picks that they used on RB's that didn't pan out, the project WR that wasn't of any use for at least a couple years, etc. I don't know, I'm starting to really question this regime and what it looks like they're trying to do has got me apathetic and not on their side.

I guess it really is Monday.

by Hacksaw
8 years 11 months ago

Molker. First of howdy brother. Welcome to the new site. This place should pick up especially if/when the Rams move back and the StL sites die off.

2nd, I thought you girls league AVI was nice before, this one may have surpassed it. That girl has a great jaw line.... lol

Foles maybe no superstar but he should be way ahead of ClemensDavisHill.
I'm with you about the O-line. That to me should always be a priority when constructing a team. I guess the Rams were so decimated by the former regime that they needed to always pick the BPA. some of those picks could have been better although Shisher seems like a cut above the former too.

As far as moving back,, who knows? One thing we have going for us is the owner appears to really want to move back to where they one were. This should hold a lot of weight especially when you look at his plan compared to others and the financial strength his plan brings with it. The others not so much.
I still don't see why the league would reward Davis for being poor and run by the offspring of Al,, and Spanos for being to picky and thumbing his nose at every deal offered to him basically F'ing off 2 markets.. Doesn't add up to me and I'm trying to be impartial.

I had that same thought the other night,,,, What if Time Warner buys the contract to broadcast Rams games locally and they go Dodgers on us. Now that would suck big time. That was one of the few benefits when the Rams moved away.

by moklerman
8 years 10 months ago
 Total posts:   7680  
United States of America   Bakersfield, CA
Hall of Fame

Hacksaw wrote:Foles maybe no superstar but he should be way ahead of ClemensDavisHill.
I agree but, a) that's not really saying much and b) I don't know how likely it'll actually be. Foles wasn't putting up much better numbers last year for Philly than Davis/Hill were for the Rams. 59.8%, 13/10 and 81.4 is actually less efficient than Hill(63.3%, 8/7 and 83.9) or Davis(63.4%, 12/9 85.1).

That's not only sobering but downright scary. Foles was outplayed in Philly last year by Sanchez and Hill and Davis both put up better numbers for a lot less QB-friendly offense.

by Elvis
8 years 10 months ago
Administrator

moklerman wrote:
Hacksaw wrote:Foles maybe no superstar but he should be way ahead of ClemensDavisHill.
I agree but, a) that's not really saying much and b) I don't know how likely it'll actually be. Foles wasn't putting up much better numbers last year for Philly than Davis/Hill were for the Rams. 59.8%, 13/10 and 81.4 is actually less efficient than Hill(63.3%, 8/7 and 83.9) or Davis(63.4%, 12/9 85.1).

That's not only sobering but downright scary. Foles was outplayed in Philly last year by Sanchez and Hill and Davis both put up better numbers for a lot less QB-friendly offense.

I'm gonna stick with my theory that it really doesn't matter very much who the Rams QB is. I know you're pretty QB-centric, the whole league is, but for this Rams team i think the defense will be special. The offense, not so much...

• 1 / 2
16 posts Apr 18 2024