10 posts
  • 1 / 1
 by bubbaramfan
8 years 11 months ago
 Total posts:   1117  
United States of America   Carson Landfill
Pro Bowl

Pure speculation on my part, but I was puzzled by the Rams picking a guy who will miss training camp and probably part of the season. Every talking head says this kid is a stud (when healthy). He would be a highly anticipated player coming out in 2016 if the Rams move to LA. Another enticement after the move? Showcase player for new LA fans?
If the kid recovers I guess its a good pick, but I'm having a hard time justifying it. Rams have not had good luck with ACL's. Hear me out. Both Jake Long and Sam Bradford went down with torn ACL's. LT and QB, Argueably the two most important position on O. Both come back and within 12 month they both suffer ACL tears AGAIN! Then they draft a guy with an ACL tear and can't even play yet? How do they know he's going to play the same as before the tear? Two starters with two ACL tears within 12 months, and they draft a guy with an ACL tear? Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.

by Elvis
8 years 11 months ago
 Total posts:   38457  
United States of America   Los Angeles
Administrator

I didn't like the pick at first but i do subscribe to BPA and being aggressive. If Jeff Fisher wants to run the ball and thinks Gurley is a star running back, go for it. If you have to go down, go down swinging. Jeff Fisher believes in running the ball and defense. He should give it his best shot.

Jim Thomas got a little snarky with the Raiders pick on Twitter:

by Hacksaw
8 years 11 months ago
 Total posts:   24523  
United States of America   AT THE BEACH

Elvis wrote:Jim Thomas got a little snarky with the Raiders pick on Twitter:

JT speculating ?

by Hacksaw
4 years 2 months ago

Some of us thought TGII was a stretch when Fish picked him. Now that may be coming to an end. bubba may have been on to something.
Hope the kid restructures but why would he? Even if he get's cut he's living the high life. Legacy be damned. Of course we cut him and he goes for 2000 with the Pats.

by snackdaddy
4 years 2 months ago
 Total posts:   9657  
United States of America   Merced California
Hall of Fame

I think he's a Ram for at least another year. If he struggles again, then maybe that would be his last.

by Hacksaw
4 years 2 months ago

snackdaddy wrote:I think he's a Ram for at least another year. If he struggles again, then maybe that would be his last.

If he struggles again it'd likely be his last in the league.

by Elvis
4 years 2 months ago
 Total posts:   38457  
United States of America   Los Angeles
Administrator

Hacksaw wrote:Some of us thought TGII was a stretch when Fish picked him. Now that may be coming to an end. bubba may have been on to something.
Hope the kid restructures but why would he? Even if he get's cut he's living the high life. Legacy be damned. Of course we cut him and he goes for 2000 with the Pats.

Wow, talk about a blast from the past, how did you end up in this 4 year old thread?

by Hacksaw
4 years 2 months ago

Elvis wrote:Wow, talk about a blast from the past, how did you end up in this 4 year old thread?

hah. Yeah I was perusing some of the older threads and this one seemed germane. Although redundant. Look how far we've come. And where is bubba?

by Zen_Ronin
4 years 2 months ago
 Total posts:   2038  
Canada   Edmonton, AB
Pro Bowl

by Hacksaw
4 years 2 months ago

"Rams roster is always on the brink" .

This Gurley thing is a conundrum.

• 1 / 1