7 posts
  • 1 / 1
 by Stranger
8 years 7 months ago
 Total posts:   3213  
United States of America   Norcal
Superstar

First, let me say that I predict we'll start to see more mentioning of the Rams in the national media. It will come in all forms, and from a variety of sources.

Secondly, I'd argue that this media attention is being done to prepare (and excite) the public for (regarding) the decision that has already been made, which is the Rams move to Los Angeles.

Thirdly, as initial evidence of this nat'l media attention, I'll point to the mentioning of the Rams by Conan on his late night TV show and by Joe Buck in his Twitter feed. Yeah, you could argue that both of these media communications are combative, or insulting, or whatever. But I'd argue that it doesn't matter. What matters is that the Rams are being brought into the public eye on a national level.... that the public is being prepped for this.... and any media attention serves this purpose.

Please feel free to post here anything you find from odd national medai sources. We'll see if my intuition is on the mark or way off base. :)

by Hacksaw
8 years 7 months ago
 Total posts:   24523  
United States of America   AT THE BEACH

I'm game but unless Brady deflate some more balls or goes rogue and won't serve his suspension or something the Rams relocation or the Chargers and Raiders for that matter is the biggest story in the NFL with the upcoming season I think we're going to see quite a few articles about that subject alone. It's more about reporters needing something to report about rather than prepping the nation for the Rams even though it will help prep them

by Stranger
8 years 7 months ago
Superstar

Hacksaw wrote:I'm game but unless Brady deflate some more balls or goes rogue and won't serve his suspension or something the Rams relocation or the Chargers and Raiders for that matter is the biggest story in the NFL with the upcoming season I think we're going to see quite a few articles about that subject alone. It's more about reporters needing something to report about rather than prepping the nation for the Rams even though it will help prep them

I think we're going to see more non-sports-media pieces about the Rams - like the Conan exposure. I think it's more about prepping the public for the inevitable than it is about it being a big story. But whatever the reasons, the Rams are really going to be in the nat'l spotlight going forward. We're done with the days of not making the evening highligh reels.

by Elvis
8 years 7 months ago
 Total posts:   38452  
United States of America   Los Angeles
Administrator

Sam Farmer just wrote a piece about the Rams that had nothing to do with relocation. Seems like he's on the beat, another tell...

by Stranger
8 years 7 months ago
Superstar

Very cool...

The rookie is a veteran: Aspiring Ram Daniel Rodriguez is battle tested
http://www.latimes.com/sports/nfl/la-sp ... story.html

by Hacksaw
8 years 7 months ago
 Total posts:   24523  
United States of America   AT THE BEACH

Stranger wrote:
Hacksaw wrote:I'm game but unless Brady deflate some more balls or goes rogue and won't serve his suspension or something the Rams relocation or the Chargers and Raiders for that matter is the biggest story in the NFL with the upcoming season I think we're going to see quite a few articles about that subject alone. It's more about reporters needing something to report about rather than prepping the nation for the Rams even though it will help prep them

I think we're going to see more non-sports-media pieces about the Rams - like the Conan exposure. I think it's more about prepping the public for the inevitable than it is about it being a big story. But whatever the reasons, the Rams are really going to be in the nat'l spotlight going forward. We're done with the days of not making the evening highligh reels.

The Rams helmet alone is famous. If they go throwback permanently, and have a great Hollywierd media/PR staff, top guys like CR would hire, then they will become the toast of the town again. Especially at first unless they improve (and their due). Right now they are the StL Rams and havent won crap in a decade and play in a dingy convention center with drab colors. I don't know what else they could write about. But that's probably a good reason why I'm not in the business.

by Stranger
8 years 7 months ago
Superstar

Now going to the white throwbacks in their first LA season would be beyond awesome!

• 1 / 1
7 posts Apr 19 2024