34 posts
  • 1 / 4
 by Elvis
8 years 7 months ago
 Total posts:   38455  
United States of America   Los Angeles
Administrator

They certainly sucked against Tennessee. Does it matter? Does it tell us anything about the upcoming season?

I don't like watching them stink but i'm inclined to say no...

by RedAlice
8 years 7 months ago
 Total posts:   6596  
United States of America   Dallas, Texas
Hall of Fame

I tried to join the chat here during the game but no one was there. Would be wonderful if there was a chat during all the games - that is far better than trying to post in a thread. And, makes it fun to get to chat in time w your fellow Rams fans.

by RedAlice
8 years 7 months ago
Hall of Fame

We seem to have two LA Rams fans boards and I'm not sure if everyone is reading both or what. Summary of my thoughts.

As to this game. Extremely disappointed. I really wanted to see more fire and play from our starters. They played like they were either instructed not to play or on sleeping pills. Not a one stood out and we let plays get us like we were not even there.

Britt had some fire I think because he was Boood and he was in Ten. He wanted to show them so he played.

Foles took responsibilty for his interception - I wasn't sure if it was his fault or Austin's, but in his interview he said it was his fault and he will learn from it.

Austin was invisible other than that.

Bailey missed a pass from Foles that went to the sidelines and then lit it up w Keenum. He seemed like he was actually playing the game once Keenum was in. Happy to see him play anyway.

Givens and Watts both made plays as if they were told prove your position or you are cut.

That pretty much sums up my opinion: starters did nothing. Those needing to prove themselves played some. Britt wanted to show Ten and probably wished he had a TD.

Our D was absent and make Sankey look like a star (!!!).

I think Fisher does not take pre-season the way we do and we will not know anything until game one v Hawks.

by Elvis
8 years 7 months ago
 Total posts:   38455  
United States of America   Los Angeles
Administrator

ArizonaBlue wrote:I tried to join the chat here during the game but no one was there. Would be wonderful if there was a chat during all the games - that is far better than trying to post in a thread. And, makes it fun to get to chat in time w your fellow Rams fans.

We'll have the chat going for every game. I'm sure it will pick up steam. This site is still pretty young and we're learning as we grow.

If you get a chance, grab an avatar so your posts will be more instantly recognizable...

by OldSchool
8 years 7 months ago
 Total posts:   1750  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Pro Bowl

I think Fisher does not take pre-season the way we do and we will not know anything until game one v Hawks.

Rams fans would probably drink and stress less if they understood this one simple fact. Fisher treats them like a practice. We should as well. If not for the big money to be made on them these wouldn't be a big deal.

Michael Brockers was not playing tonight. He is the key to our defense stopping the run. If you would like go back and rewatch the game and you'll see every time Sankey had any kind of decent run they ran right at Westbrook who is a DE trying to play the role of run stuffing 300+lbs DT. I'm not worried in the least about our run defense.

Look for our offense to play more next week and score some touchdowns. Rhaney was good and Washington had some bad plays again at LG.

by moklerman
8 years 7 months ago
 Total posts:   7680  
United States of America   Bakersfield, CA
Hall of Fame

That would be fine if his method paid dividends. His Rams teams haven't exactly flipped the switch once the season begins so I think it's fair to criticize the approach.

by RedAlice
8 years 7 months ago
Hall of Fame

Elvis wrote:
ArizonaBlue wrote:I tried to join the chat here during the game but no one was there. Would be wonderful if there was a chat during all the games - that is far better than trying to post in a thread. And, makes it fun to get to chat in time w your fellow Rams fans.

We'll have the chat going for every game. I'm sure it will pick up steam. This site is still pretty young and we're learning as we grow.

If you get a chance, grab an avatar so your posts will be more instantly recognizable...

Nice! And, I will grab my same avi as everywhere else - thank you for the reminder.

Look forward to being able to chat with Rams fans during our games this season.

by RedAlice
8 years 7 months ago
Hall of Fame

OldSchool wrote:

Rams fans would probably drink and stress less if they understood this one simple fact. Fisher treats them like a practice. We should as well. If not for the big money to be made on them these wouldn't be a big deal.

Michael Brockers was not playing tonight. He is the key to our defense stopping the run. If you would like go back and rewatch the game and you'll see every time Sankey had any kind of decent run they ran right at Westbrook who is a DE trying to play the role of run stuffing 300+lbs DT. I'm not worried in the least about our run defense.

Look for our offense to play more next week and score some touchdowns. Rhaney was good and Washington had some bad plays again at LG.

Good point. I certainly noticed that it was Westbrook, did not know his role. Thank you!

Do you think our O plays more next week or week 4? It will only be one.

by RedAlice
8 years 7 months ago
Hall of Fame

moklerman wrote:
That would be fine if his method paid dividends. His Rams teams haven't exactly flipped the switch once the season begins so I think it's fair to criticize the approach.

I have said this on other boards.

Fisher's approach is fine if we win in the regular season. He has not changed his approach, and we are yet to start winning at the beginning of a season.

Even the commentators today stated that Fisher has never had a better than 3-5 start and he needs better this year.

I'm a Fisher supporter, but I would like to see his plan of not caring during the pre-season pay off or else see him change his plan. He's kinda relaxed.

• 1 / 4
34 posts Apr 19 2024