• 4 / 4
 by The Ripper
8 years 8 months ago
 Total posts:   494  
United States of America   Naples, FL
Starter

RamstheLegendsliveon wrote:
Elvis wrote:[quote="Hacksaw"

That stuff takes a long time to play out.

But i have heard one of the possible reasons Spanos seems so set on L.A. is he intends to sell in the not too distant future and he'd much rather get L.A. prices...

Is a interesting thought bro. Since Alex owns 37% and the club is worth 995 million now a move to LA could easily make them worth 2 billion. So the first 5.43 million would be tax exempt, however they would have taxes of 40% due on the remainder of his estate. At present his share of the team comes to 368.15 million which would amount to 145 million in death taxes. A move to LA if it does make the club worth 2 billion, his share would be worth 740 million and his death taxes would be 293.828 million. Which I only used what he owns of the Chargers so his taxes would likely be larger as I have not figured in any other holdings he might have. Fact is the Spanos family from all I have seen does not have that kind of available liquidity on hand so they would have sell off some asset to raise the cash. So a interesting thought for sure.

Ok now for my most important question is this font dark red or am I off................LOL I hate when they don't list the actually color and make a color blind person have to guess.....LOL

The NFL changed the ownership rules this winter and all the foolish reporters said that it helped the Raiders but it actually does noting for them but it does for the Chargers, Colts, Falcons and a few others. Some of the parents shares will be sold but the family will retains ownership and that's all that matters.

by Rams the Legends live on
8 years 8 months ago
 Total posts:   1987  
United States of America   Colorado Springs
Pro Bowl

The Ripper wrote:
The NFL changed the ownership rules this winter and all the foolish reporters said that it helped the Raiders but it actually does noting for them but it does for the Chargers, Colts, Falcons and a few others. Some of the parents shares will be sold but the family will retains ownership and that's all that matters.

I have no question they will retain ownership. My original quote Hacksaw used was about Alex percentage is from a discussion in reply to Shane Grey. He said that Stan and Spanos are on equal footing when it comes to financing. Which I don't see anywhere possible given not only the fact of Alex owning majority share and having medical problems he is no doubt closer to death than not. So my reply was no way they are anywhere near on equal footing as one thing the Spanos family will be looking at shortly is estate taxes and a bill they will need cash to pay for. Which I say is something Goldman is looking at and is a factor in the Goldman loan. So I was pointing out the Chargers have variables in their loan which Goldman will consider and price in that Stan does not have and will not be factored into his financing. So my statement is merely no way Stan and Spanos financing can be viewed as equal since ones carries factors the others does not.

So yea I agree they will still hold the club even after such a event, my points was Stan and Spanos are not equal at all as was opined by Shane.

by The Ripper
8 years 8 months ago
 Total posts:   494  
United States of America   Naples, FL
Starter

The Ripper wrote:

I have no question they will retain ownership. My original quote Hacksaw used was about Alex percentage is from a discussion in reply to Shane Grey. He said that Stan and Spanos are on equal footing when it comes to financing. Which I don't see anywhere possible given not only the fact of Alex owning majority share and having medical problems he is no doubt closer to death than not. So my reply was no way they are anywhere near on equal footing as one thing the Spanos family will be looking at shortly is estate taxes and a bill they will need cash to pay for. Which I say is something Goldman is looking at and is a factor in the Goldman loan. So I was pointing out the Chargers have variables in their loan which Goldman will consider and price in that Stan does not have and will not be factored into his financing. So my statement is merely no way Stan and Spanos financing can be viewed as equal since ones carries factors the others does not.

So yea I agree they will still hold the club even after such a event, my points was Stan and Spanos are not equal at all as was opined by Shane.

Sorry, I agree with both posts. I missed the Shane part because I have a mental block when it comes from information from him.

8 years 8 months ago
Pro Bowl

The Ripper wrote:
Sorry, I agree with both posts. I missed the Shane part because I have a mental block when it comes from information from him.

LOL..........No worries bro this conversation is across 2 different boards so no way ya could have known what my original quote was about. So why I figured I would try and explain a bit so ya knew I was not speculating the Spanos family would lose ownership. I will just post what my original post was so ya see the context. So no apologies needed my fault I did not explain first what I was trying to point out before I jumped on in.

Shane's article................... http://www.insidestl.com/insideSTLcom/STLSports/STLRams/tabid/137/articleType/ArticleView/articleId/18766/Task-Force-Gaining-Ground-in-Quest-to-Keep-Rams.aspx

My response..................

Good article bro. I so agree the city should have a Rams first vision period and I also am of the opinion if Carson gets built the Rams don't move to LA.

All I question is your assertion that the funding and money is on equal par tween Carson and Stan.

The Spanos family as a whole is worth 1.26 billion and almost a billion of that is the Chargers alone. So they are looking to build a stadium that is like 100% of their net worth. Why they need private financing and a player like Goldman to back them so it gives them some push.

Alex Spanos is the majority owner of the Chargers and is 91 years old. Not to far fetched for us to imagine he could die during this process of building a stadium. Which would set in motion estate taxes on his majority ownership. So that is another factor to consider. So fact is because of their net worth vs the size of a loan they will need Spanos has to be public about who is backing them so their backer can bring some juice their personal finances don't.

Meanwhile Stan and friends are building a stadium and anyone know who is gonna make them the loan? I don't know nor have I heard. Fact is Stan is only building a stadium that is one sixth of his net worth. So he don't have to make the front page news and announce who is backing him to give him juice as the fact is he has the juice by himself. So he don't need the PR campaign to boost him so it looks like he is on a even playing field.

So is the financing the same no. One person can get the money easily enough we have no clue who or how he is getting it. The other has to name drop so he can look like a player. So no way they are on even keel with financing here.

by Hacksaw
8 years 8 months ago
 Total posts:   24523  
United States of America   AT THE BEACH

Awesome to see you here Legends. And I'm glad you could see I borrowed a line of yours. I love your takes so come often and come strong brother.... I think you'll like it here.

8 years 8 months ago
Pro Bowl

Hacksaw wrote:Awesome to see you here Legends. And I'm glad you could see I borrowed a line of yours. I love your takes so come often and come strong brother.... I think you'll like it here.

Hack, ya are my brother, bro so ya can use anything I say whenever ya like. Why ya would want to I have no clue, but feel free....LOL Yea I think I will like here Motes who I deeply respect is not one to censor and is laid back so yea I am sure I will be on here more than any other board. Also helps all the folks I have grown to enjoy reading are here as well and Motes also said I can use red font.....LOL

by dieterbrock
8 years 8 months ago
 Total posts:   11512  
United States of America   New Jersey
Hall of Fame

Hacksaw wrote:Awesome to see you here Legends. And I'm glad you could see I borrowed a line of yours. I love your takes so come often and come strong brother.... I think you'll like it here.

Hack, ya are my brother, bro so ya can use anything I say whenever ya like. Why ya would want to I have no clue, but feel free....LOL Yea I think I will like here Motes who I deeply respect is not one to censor and is laid back so yea I am sure I will be on here more than any other board. Also helps all the folks I have grown to enjoy reading are here as well and Motes also said I can use red font.....LOL

I am so glad you are here man. Just made my day.
A most warm greeting from your east coast borther DB

8 years 8 months ago
Pro Bowl

dieterbrock wrote:

I am so glad you are here man. Just made my day.
A most warm greeting from your east coast borther DB

Way cool bro, so good to see ya as well :) A most joyous occasion for me no doubt :)

by Hacksaw
8 years 8 months ago
 Total posts:   24523  
United States of America   AT THE BEACH

Legends, your avatar is in such contrast to the one at RRF. And Lucy reminds me of Georgia and what she did to LA Rams fans some 2 decades ago. Pull football out from under us. AAUGH!!
And now by the grace of Los Angeles, we may be blessed with their return.

8 years 8 months ago
Pro Bowl

Hacksaw wrote:Legends, your avatar is in such contrast to the one at RRF. And Lucy reminds me of Georgia and what she did to LA Rams fans some 2 decades ago. Pull football out from under us. AAUGH!!
And now by the grace of Los Angeles, we may be blessed with their return.

Yeah my avatar on RRF was more in line with my past. When I met Dieter, FaulkRam, Snack, YT and others on the original Rams site I was in the service, I was a foot soldier so when they closed the site down and we went over to RRF many of us by the invite of Epi, I was still in the service so the avatar just fit who I really was. So now I have been out of the service for 3 years now as of 2 days ago or 24Aug. So figured time to realize that chapter is closed, so funny ya should say how my present avatar reminds ya of the Rams as I just said the same thing to Elvis today of it being symbolic of the Rams in pm's and so yea when Elvis fixed my screen name so I could have all of it on here like it is on RRF and like it was originally on the old official Rams site. He also said now ya need a avatar so I thought for a second what picture could best define being a Rams fan to me and Lucy moving the ball popped into mind.......LOL So looks like we are on the same page as how fitting and symbolic it is for us as fans bro..........LOL

• 4 / 4
40 posts May 10 2024