13 posts
  • 1 / 2
 by Elvis
8 years 8 months ago
 Total posts:   38457  
United States of America   Los Angeles
Administrator

So, went to Oxnard today and one of the first things i noticed: No Rams.

Anyway, here's some of what i saw:

Dez.jpg

Thought this might be Dez Bryant, never saw him as far as i know

FakeTony.jpg

I thought maybe Tony Romo and Jessica Simpson had gotten back together but then i thought, "why would Tony Romo be an old man in the stands?"

Irvin.jpg

A guy i chatted up told me the guy in the Blue was Michael Irvin but i'm not sure.

RomoAtWork.jpg

Romo didn't do anything today.

JobSitting.jpg

There was a lot of sitting around.

Proselytize.jpg

I think these guys were proselytizing.

1111pass.jpg
1111Run.jpg
Marinelli.jpg

Okay there was some actual football too.

So here's what i learned:

The guy i chatted with told me it was way more packed yesterday (Sunday) than today. Today was very pleasant. They've put new grandstands in on the North side of the two fields and that's the field with the camera towers. So i think that's the best place to be, where the most action will be. It's also the only place where you're not looking through a chain link fence. There's also a VIP area between the fences and the field which i think you just have to pay to get in. Not sure, and not sure what the deal with that will be for next week.

Here's a picture from the ground view:

GroundLevel.jpg

I can't say analyzing training camp is something i'm good at (or able to do) but #30 had a couple of nice runs (Seastrunk i think), nothing much else caught my eye. Marinelli coaching up the pass rush drill was cool.

I have no idea how many people were there. It's a sprawling area and it didn't seem very crowded but like i said, sprawling and my new friend told me it was packed on Sunday. Could've bee 300, could've been 2,000, i can't tell.

So we'll see how it goes Next week...

by BuiltRamTough
8 years 8 months ago
 Total posts:   5357  
Armenia   Los Angeles
Hall of Fame

Nice!!! How many people could fit there? I'm afraid it's going to be full next week and I won't be able to get in :( I'm going to go super early so I get a good seat. It's so close to the players. I can't wait to see Rams players up close. This is a dream and I'm living in it man.

by dieterbrock
8 years 8 months ago
 Total posts:   11512  
United States of America   New Jersey
Hall of Fame

In your "RomoAtWork" photo, it looks like Witten has his hands in his pockets, was he cold?

by Elvis
8 years 8 months ago
Administrator

It was a little chilly with the wind blowing but hardly cold.

BRT, i got there a little before 3 and the grandstands were virtually empty but guy i chatted up said on Sunday they filled up early, that he got there at 11am Sunday Morning for a 3:45 practice.

Even if it's really crowded, the grounds are big so i don't think we'll have trouble getting in but maybe you won't get to see the action very well if you show up late...

by BuiltRamTough
8 years 8 months ago
 Total posts:   5357  
Armenia   Los Angeles
Hall of Fame

Elvis wrote:It was a little chilly with the wind blowing but hardly cold.

BRT, i got there a little before 3 and the grandstands were virtually empty but guy i chatted up said on Sunday they filled up early, that he got there at 11am Sunday Morning for a 3:45 practice.

Even if it's really crowded, the grounds are big so i don't think we'll have trouble getting in but maybe you won't get to see the action very well if you show up late...

That's good news. Judging by the crowd last year in SD I except a ton of fans in Oxnard. I'm guessing around 1,500-2,000. Hopefully.

by RedAlice
8 years 8 months ago
 Total posts:   6596  
United States of America   Dallas, Texas
Hall of Fame

BuiltRamTough wrote:Nice!!! How many people could fit there? I'm afraid it's going to be full next week and I won't be able to get in :( I'm going to go super early so I get a good seat. It's so close to the players. I can't wait to see Rams players up close. This is a dream and I'm living in it man.

Me too!

How early do you think it's necessary to go?

Btw, if you sign up for Dallas Cowboys United ($20) you can get in an hour earlier, and according to Dallas fans camp reports from last year it also let's you into an area that is closer to the field. Not sure if that is true this year or not.

by Elvis
8 years 8 months ago
Administrator

ArizonaBlue wrote:Me too!

How early do you think it's necessary to go?

Btw, if you sign up for Dallas Cowboys United ($20) you can get in an hour earlier, and according to Dallas fans camp reports from last year it also let's you into an area that is closer to the field. Not sure if that is true this year or not.

That's the VIP area i was talking about. You can see it pretty well from the photo where they're stretching. I"m in the grandstands taking the photo. There's a chain link fence and some people inside that fence up against a yellow railing. That's the VIP area. It goes all around the entire field as far as i could tell...

I wonder what they'll do with it on the Rams only day?

by RedAlice
8 years 8 months ago
Hall of Fame

Ah, nice! That will make the $20 worthwhile. Per the website, you get a wristband if you are a United member and you can go in an hour earlier.

I'm not sure what time to go, but my train gets there at 10:30am, so will go pretty soon after that I guess. I'm coming up from San Diego.

btw, here is the link in case anyone else is interested. Hopefully it works for the VIP area closer to the field. And, JJ is brilliant at Marketing - hope Kroenke follows some of his tactics when the team moves to LA. And, he should start by having a Rams merchandise tent at camp that sells Rams gear with only the logo and no St. Louis on it. They have plenty at the STL airport.

http://shop.dallascowboys.com/Cowboys-C ... /149740024

by RedAlice
8 years 8 months ago
Hall of Fame

Thank you!

Happy I found it. (Mr. Motes posted a link to your pictures on the other La Forum). :D

• 1 / 2
13 posts Apr 19 2024