5 posts
  • 1 / 1
 by bubbaramfan
8 years 8 months ago
 Total posts:   1117  
United States of America   Carson Landfill
Pro Bowl

FYI-- As you all know, I live just blocks from the proposed Carson site, and I've been keeping a sharp eye on the activity there. There is NOTHING, absolutely NOTHING, going on there. Once in a while a septic pump truck goes in pumps up a load of seepage, and then leaves. You'd think that with the EPA and State Board of Health mandated remediations still left to be done, they would be working to complete those projects if they were serious about building a stadium there, yet there is no signifigant activity going there AT ALL. But go over to the old Hollywood Park site. WOW! Busy! Busy! Busy! Like my old man used to tell me, "look at what they do, not what they say".

by Hacksaw
8 years 8 months ago
 Total posts:   24523  
United States of America   AT THE BEACH

bubbaramfan wrote:FYI-- As you all know, I live just blocks from the proposed Carson site, and I've been keeping a sharp eye on the activity there. There is NOTHING, absolutely NOTHING, going on there. Once in a while a septic pump truck goes in pumps up a load of seepage, and then leaves. You'd think that with the EPA and State Board of Health mandated remediations still left to be done, they would be working to complete those projects if they were serious about building a stadium there, yet there is no signifigant activity going there AT ALL. But go over to the old Hollywood Park site. WOW! Busy! Busy! Busy! Like my old man used to tell me, "look at what they do, not what they say".

I'm with you that what we are seeing is what we should believe. It is also progress towards the more feasible project. All that said. Stan partnered (to what degree I'm unsure of but he was allegedly given control) with another company who already had a lot of this development in play. I really don't think we are going to see any real evidence of any stadium being built until the NFL owners pass their sentence down. Especially in Carson where the teams allegedly involved dont have that much extra cash to throw around.

by BuiltRamTough
8 years 8 months ago
 Total posts:   5357  
Armenia   Los Angeles
Hall of Fame

Wow. I thought there would be more going on in Carson. I might go take a look see in a couple of weeks and compare Inglewood and Carson. There was a ton going on at Inglewood and I didn't even see all of it. I don't understand how some people could be confident in Carson as a real threat to Inglewood. If this was a real race which I don't think it is but if it was Carson is way way behind its not even close! December is a little less then 4 months away.

by Hacksaw
8 years 8 months ago
 Total posts:   24523  
United States of America   AT THE BEACH

On my way up to Oxnard I'm going to tour Carson and Inglewood.. I'll post a report via laptop from Oxnard unless I just tell it to you in person. :)

• 1 / 1
5 posts Apr 20 2024