by Elvis
8 years 11 months ago
 Total posts:   38448  
United States of America   Los Angeles
Administrator

http://www.stltoday.com/sports/football ... ms.twitter

Coincidence? Rams finish on West Coast

By Jim Thomas

OK, the Rams don’t close the season at Seattle this time around. But it’s worse, if you can imagine that. The Rams play at Seattle on Dec. 27, the second-to-last week of the season. And they close the year with another West Coast trip, Jan. 3 in San Francisco.

There’s only one prime-time game on the Rams’ schedule, released Tuesday night by the NFL. It’s a Thursday night game Dec. 17 against Tampa Bay at the Edward Jones Dome. With the potential move to Los Angeles looming after the 2015 season, it could be the last home game for the “St. Louis” Rams. Traditionally, the last home game is Fan Appreciation Day for the Rams.

The Tampa Bay game concludes a stretch of three consecutive home games for the Rams to start December. But then come games at Seattle and at San Francisco. The team has a tough opening stretch, with games against Seattle, Pittsburgh, Arizona, and Green Bay among their first five games — all playoff and potential Super Bowl contenders.

Rams 2015 Schedule

(Home games in cap; starting times are Central)

Sun., Sept. 13 SEATTLE, noon

Sun., Sept. 20 @ Washington, noon

Sun., Sept. 27 PITTSBURGH, noon

Sun., Oct. 4 @ Arizona, 3:25 p.m.

Sun., Oct. 11 @ Green Bay, noon

Sun., Oct 18 Bye

Sun., Oct. 25 CLEVELAND, noon

Sun., Nov. 1 SAN FRANCISCO, noon

Sun., Nov. 8 @ Minnesota, noon

Sun., Nov. 15 CHICAGO, noon

Sun., Nov. 22 @ Baltimore, noon

Sun., Nov. 29 @ Cincinnati, noon

Sun., Dec. 6 ARIZONA, noon

Sun., Dec. 13 DETROIT, noon

Thurs., Dec. 17 TAMPA BAY, 7:25 p.m.

Sun., Dec. 27 @ Seattle, 3:25 p.m.

Sun., Jan. 3 @ San Francisco, 3:25 p.m.

PRESEASON

Fri., Aug. 14 @ Oakland, 9 p.m.; Sun., Aug. 23 @ Tennessee, 7 p.m.; Sat., Aug. 29 INDIANAPOLIS, 7 p.m.; Thurs., Sept. 3 KANSAS CITY, 7 p.m.

by Hacksaw
8 years 11 months ago
 Total posts:   24523  
United States of America   AT THE BEACH

Tough sledding getting that fast start we were hoping for. Tough finish too. Those last 2 game could be at home for once, but NO... Seems the schedule makers aren't fan's of the Rams. I know all teams are tough, but I always thought for parity losers got better schedules. Guess not.

by Elvis
8 years 11 months ago
 Total posts:   38448  
United States of America   Los Angeles
Administrator

In this case it's not the schedule makers, it's the ED who booked other events the last two weeks of the season and forced the NFL to put the Rams on the road to close out 2015, at least that's the case according to Peter King...

by Gareth
8 years 11 months ago
 Total posts:   1207  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Pro Bowl

I'd rather have the tough games at the end. Gives them more of a chance to stay alive in the playoff race and at least makes it possible for those last couple of games to be meaningful.

I've never understood all the complaining about ending in Seattle. You have to play there at some point.

by Hacksaw
8 years 11 months ago
 Total posts:   24523  
United States of America   AT THE BEACH

It isn't a great thing to have to fight for you life in one of the most hostile environments in the NFL while they are fine tuning for championship run.
If the Rams are in contention it would be nicer to play at home. You get that advantage.

Of course I see your point and if your good enough you can beat those guys on any Sunday. I just like to reserve the option for when they might not be but could luck in. You never know who might catch fire in the post season 8-)

• 1 / 1
5 posts Apr 17 2024