14 posts
  • 2 / 2
 by snackdaddy
8 years 8 months ago
 Total posts:   9657  
United States of America   Merced California
Hall of Fame

I decided to stay out of the Stl. vs. LA debate over there. I see Stl guys accusing LA guys, yet they do the same thing. Then they say "its him, not me". Football is here and I want talk football. Of course I'll be joining in on the LA talk here. 8-)

by OldSchool
8 years 8 months ago
 Total posts:   1750  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Pro Bowl

snackdaddy wrote:I decided to stay out of the Stl. vs. LA debate over there. I see Stl guys accusing LA guys, yet they do the same thing. Then they say "its him, not me". Football is here and I want talk football. Of course I'll be joining in on the LA talk here. 8-)

My favorite was the one guy jumping me for backing Roggin when the comment I quoted actually proved him wrong. The guy does it just to be combative and to start an argument. I've tried to point out they start the arguments and they show the biased in any "news" but pointing that out seems to be me starting fights :lol:

Yeah I'm the same I'll ignore them I'll post any news I see and leave it at that. The whole slamming Roggin and lifting up Bernie and JT was the last straw for me.

by Elvis
8 years 8 months ago
 Total posts:   38463  
United States of America   Los Angeles
Administrator

OldSchool wrote:
snackdaddy wrote:I decided to stay out of the Stl. vs. LA debate over there. I see Stl guys accusing LA guys, yet they do the same thing. Then they say "its him, not me". Football is here and I want talk football. Of course I'll be joining in on the LA talk here. 8-)

My favorite was the one guy jumping me for backing Roggin when the comment I quoted actually proved him wrong. The guy does it just to be combative and to start an argument. I've tried to point out they start the arguments and they show the biased in any "news" but pointing that out seems to be me starting fights :lol:

Yeah I'm the same I'll ignore them I'll post any news I see and leave it at that. The whole slamming Roggin and lifting up Bernie and JT was the last straw for me.

A lot of it is just real honest sensitivity from people who are probably going to lose their team. But there's definitely some trolling going on too.

The thing that gets me is the obsession with semantics.

If you point out that the CVC failed to live up to the part of the lease that would've kept the Rams under contract but use the word breach or say they broke the contract, you'll get jumped on for your choice of words. But the facts haven't changed: The Rams are now free to leave because the CVC didn't meet the top tier requirement. That's a fact, doesn't change if you word it one way or another. Arguing semantics when it doesn't change the reality of anything is just silliness.

And now i've pointed out that the CVC wants the NFL to do what they wouldn't do: Keep the Rams in St. Louis. And what do i get back? More semantics: The NFL won't force the Rams to stay in St. Louis, they'll just severely punish them for moving without approval.

Semantics do not trump reality...

by Hacksaw
8 years 8 months ago
 Total posts:   24523  
United States of America   AT THE BEACH

Saw that coming 300 pages ago. The frustration on not being able to make your point or at least not having it acknowledged.

I get that they are Stl Rams fans comfortable and feel entitled to their team in StL. We LA guys are mostly likely perceived by them as trolls attacking what they hold dear. In the "thread" the problem now is that no one can land the death blow factoid since no one knows it,,, if it even exists yet. So meanwhile we argue to placate ourselves in our position whether it be pro LA or pro StL.

The one thing those StL'er don't/won't get is LA and how it differs from StL. Nor do they give us enough cred for the 49 years they were here and what we went through losing them , , or why. Can't say I blame them since we want the same thing and only 1 city is going to prevail. So considering their feeling of entitlement and possession being 9/10's of the law, I have empathy for there likely eventual loss (or at least the fear of it) and feel we should cut them a bit of slack. Their selective reasoning is a product of their plight.

When the Los Angeles Rams ride again, we will be the ultimate victors and this 20 years of burning debate (or is that heartache) will be settled.

• 2 / 2
14 posts Apr 19 2024