17 posts
  • 2 / 2
 by majik
7 years 8 months ago
 Total posts:   1207  
United States of America   New Jersey
Pro Bowl

From the aerial shot, where is parking located and for that matter where do Padres fans currently park. Been to SD once and wondered where Padres fans park given that it looks shoehorned into the surrounding area

by rams74
7 years 8 months ago
 Total posts:   1480  
Italy   Glendale, Arizona
Pro Bowl

So my question is, when this proposal -- which still requires a 2/3 vote to pass -- fails in the November election, are there any other San Diego options open to the Chargers? Any chance of giving Mission Valley another shot? Or are they done at that point, and Spanos takes his ball and slinks into KroenkeWorld before the expiration date on his Inglewood option?

by RedAlice
7 years 8 months ago
 Total posts:   6596  
United States of America   Dallas, Texas
Hall of Fame

majik wrote:From the aerial shot, where is parking located and for that matter where do Padres fans currently park. Been to SD once and wondered where Padres fans park given that it looks shoehorned into the surrounding area

For Padres games, I've always parked in one of the parking garages in the area and then walked over. They put out signs for Padres parking. However, I have not been to many games.

by rams74
7 years 8 months ago
 Total posts:   1480  
Italy   Glendale, Arizona
Pro Bowl

Dick84 wrote:
rams74 wrote:So my question is, when this proposal -- which still requires a 2/3 vote to pass -- fails in the November election, are there any other San Diego options open to the Chargers? Any chance of giving Mission Valley another shot? Or are they done at that point, and Spanos takes his ball and slinks into KroenkeWorld before the expiration date on his Inglewood option?

Imo, they'll have to reconsider MV, or it's over.

Do they automatically get the extra year on the Inglewood option, to give them time to fully reconsider MV? What was the stipulation on extending the Chargers' Inglewood option to January 2018? Don't they have to demonstrate that they're making progress on some plan?

by St. Loser Fan
7 years 8 months ago
 Total posts:   10521  
United States of America   Saint Louis MO
Hall of Fame

majik wrote:From the aerial shot, where is parking located and for that matter where do Padres fans currently park. Been to SD once and wondered where Padres fans park given that it looks shoehorned into the surrounding area

A downtown Chargers stadium looks to be very unfriendly to tailgating. Compare that to the acres of parking that circle Qualcomm.

by Neil039
7 years 8 months ago
 Total posts:   2664  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Superstar

I would be happy for San Diego if this comes to fruition.

by St. Loser Fan
7 years 8 months ago
 Total posts:   10521  
United States of America   Saint Louis MO
Hall of Fame

Dick84 wrote:
St. Loser Fan wrote:

A downtown Chargers stadium looks to be very unfriendly to tailgating. Compare that to the acres of parking that circle Qualcomm.

If they redo MV, they'll have much, much less tailgate area. Think Levi's.

Still better than a downtown San Diego stadium which looks to have little or none. The lack of good tailgating lots in St. Louis hurt the team.

• 2 / 2
17 posts Apr 29 2024