14 posts
  • 1 / 2
 by bubbaramfan
8 years 2 weeks ago
 Total posts:   1117  
United States of America   Carson Landfill
Pro Bowl

I'm curious as to who RFU'ers think would end up being the better NFL QB. I think both will end up starting somewhere in time. I'm guessing Mannion ends up the better QB. Just throwing this out there because its slow for rams news.

by /zn/
8 years 2 weeks ago
 Total posts:   6763  
United States of America   Maine
Hall of Fame

Interesting question. Could be an interesting discussion. Personally? I have no idea. 8-) Just in the abstract I would rather have both then just one of them though. Not that that answers your question.

by moklerman
8 years 2 weeks ago
 Total posts:   7680  
United States of America   Bakersfield, CA
Hall of Fame

In a vacuum? Cook's probably "better" considering I think Mannion is just so "slow". But, I don't think it's such a huge difference that I'd want the Rams to spend a draft pick on Cook, presumably wasting the 3rd they used on Mannion.

Unless they draft their QBOTF in the first, I don't really want the Rams to use any picks on a QB this year.

by OldSchool
8 years 2 weeks ago
 Total posts:   1750  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Pro Bowl

moklerman wrote:In a vacuum? Cook's probably "better" considering I think Mannion is just so "slow". But, I don't think it's such a huge difference that I'd want the Rams to spend a draft pick on Cook, presumably wasting the 3rd they used on Mannion.

Unless they draft their QBOTF in the first, I don't really want the Rams to use any picks on a QB this year.

Exactly, what's the point in drafting another backup type QB. Either get one of the here in the first or just keep us without a good QB.

by ramsman34
8 years 2 weeks ago
 Total posts:   8521  
United States of America   Back in LA baby!

OldSchool wrote:
moklerman wrote:In a vacuum? Cook's probably "better" considering I think Mannion is just so "slow". But, I don't think it's such a huge difference that I'd want the Rams to spend a draft pick on Cook, presumably wasting the 3rd they used on Mannion.

Exactly, what's the point in drafting another backup type QB. Either get one of the here in the first or just keep us without a good QB.

Then again, there are teams that subscribe to taking a QB every year until you find the right guy. You have to look at the QB room as a whole, consider each contract, potential, and current abilities, then decide if a draft pick might be a better fit in the long term. If you had Mannion, Cook, and Foles or Keenum, at some point the top 2 guys will elevate from that group to starter and back up. You jettison the other two and hit the draft again to get your 3rd guy to develop. Or, if the top two includes only one of Mannion/Cook, you keep the other as your third to develop.

by The Ripper
8 years 2 weeks ago
 Total posts:   494  
United States of America   Naples, FL
Starter

ramsman34 wrote:
OldSchool wrote:

Then again, there are teams that subscribe to taking a QB every year until you find the right guy. You have to look at the QB room as a whole, consider each contract, potential, and current abilities, then decide if a draft pick might be a better fit in the long term. If you had Mannion, Cook, and Foles or Keenum, at some point the top 2 guys will elevate from that group to starter and back up. You jettison the other two and hit the draft again to get your 3rd guy to develop. Or, if the top two includes only one of Mannion/Cook, you keep the other as your third to develop.

Even if one is named as the starter they're all destined to be backups or out of the league.

by ramsman34
8 years 2 weeks ago
 Total posts:   8521  
United States of America   Back in LA baby!

The Ripper wrote:
ramsman34 wrote:
OldSchool wrote:Exactly, what's the point in drafting another backup type QB. Either get one of the here in the first or just keep us without a good QB.

Even if one is named as the starter they're all destined to be backups or out of the league.

We don't "know" that but I can see why you would feel that way.

by snackdaddy
8 years 2 weeks ago
 Total posts:   9657  
United States of America   Merced California
Hall of Fame

I don't know how they'll have the QB's rated. But if they draft one in the first two rounds it tells me they blew the Mannion pick. And 3rd rounders are not like 6th and 7th rounders. Not as talented as 1st rounders but you can find potential starters.

I think they need to crap or get off the pot. Either give Mannion a serious look or admit you blew that one and move on. If Foles is staying there's no way they're carrying 4 quarterbacks. The 3rd is either a draft pick or Mannion.

by /zn/
8 years 2 weeks ago
 Total posts:   6763  
United States of America   Maine
Hall of Fame

snackdaddy wrote:I don't know how they'll have the QB's rated. But if they draft one in the first two rounds it tells me they blew the Mannion pick. And 3rd rounders are not like 6th and 7th rounders. Not as talented as 1st rounders but you can find potential starters.

I think they need to crap or get off the pot. Either give Mannion a serious look or admit you blew that one and move on. If Foles is staying there's no way they're carrying 4 quarterbacks. The 3rd is either a draft pick or Mannion.

I don't think it has to be either or. They will most carry 3 qbs, Foles is the most likely goner unless he does a complete 180, and I don't think taking a guy this year means they blew the Mannion pick...they're just doing their thing where they are trying to turn a weakness into a strength. If both the new qb and Mannion work out, that's a bonus situation. In terms of blowing a pick on a qb in round 3, one look at it I did showed that only 26% or so of 2nd and 3rd round qbs work out anyway. QB is qb, you want to keep adding them until you like what you have.

• 1 / 2
14 posts Apr 17 2024