68 posts
  • 3 / 7
 by PARAM
2 weeks 3 days ago
 Total posts:   12293  
Barbados   Just far enough North of Philadelphia
Hall of Fame

ramsman34 wrote:I’d like to do a spread sheet. Wonder if there’s anyway to insert one so it keeps the format. Elvis feel free to educate me on this.

By position:
Starter - 2 - depth - bubble - PS - Waived

Ourlads probably already has this. I will check. https://www.ourlads.com/nfldepthcharts/depthchart/LAR

They do but I dont agree with their depth in some spots.

I don't think they're that far off.

by ramsman34
2 weeks 3 days ago
 Total posts:   8637  
United States of America   Back in LA baby!

Little things like the TE depth chart. Higs should be 4th, Hall 3rd. I get why they do it this way but you have to consider who will actually be healthy when camp starts. But for the most part, they are pretty solid.

by phoenixrising
2 weeks 3 days ago
 Total posts:   820  
United States of America   Arroyo Grande, CA
Veteran

I have to say I’m shocked at the lack of a CB drafted. I don’t know how you can count on the health of White. Maybe they have confidence in the young guys. Tomlinson worries me. He’s not just small, he looks small even next to small guys. I wonder if they are planning on a lot of 3 safety sets.

Corum was an interesting pick. One thing I noticed last year was how the opposing D had a hard time locating Kyren W on indside runs. I think the Rams will generate more movement inside this year. Corum is similarly short, but even quicker inside. By the time the D catches a glimpse, they are already in a different gap. They are going to be hard to stop.

Atlanta is catching a lot of flak over drafting Penix, but if they believe he’s a great QB you have to take him regardless. Sure, Cousins is a little butt-hurt, but he’ll get over it—he’s accustomed to teams looking to replace him, lol.

by /zn/
2 weeks 3 days ago
 Total posts:   6787  
United States of America   Maine
Hall of Fame

phoenixrising wrote:One thing I noticed last year was how the opposing D had a hard time locating Kyren W on indside runs.

IMO? That's Kyren. KW's superpowers have to do with reading and setting up blocks and reading and setting up the defense, all before he hits the LOS, and then having the burst to come through on great on-the-fly decision making. He's pretty good past the LOS but he's superlative before hitting the LOS. That's a big reason why he's 2nd in the league in yards before contact (here: https://www.fantasylife.com/tools/advanced-rushing ) and tied for 2nd in yards before contact per attempt for runners with 200 or more attempts.

by PARAM
2 weeks 3 days ago
Hall of Fame

Elvis wrote:6 QBs going in the first 12 picks, 14 straight offense, wild and unprecedented. I would've thought people were overhyping Penix and Nix, that they'd fall like Levis and Hooker last year but quite the opposite.

I know it's all in good fun but stuff like this is wild to me. I mean what does "guarantee" even mean in this context? Are we all getting free Jumbo Jacks now?

I admire the guy's effort as a sportswriter/podcaster but he gets some bad information. He posts on another Rams forum and got a lot of crap for a post he made prior to AD's retirement. In a thread about free agents acquisitions, he posts "big news coming this week" and when pressed, said, "I'm not allowed to say. All I can say is it will be franchise altering". He led everybody to believe the Rams were going to sign a huge free agent....most thought the Edge from Minnesota or a trade for one of the big two (Burns, Allen).

After the fact (when he was getting raked) I postulated he really didn't know what the news was because he wouldn't have played it that way, in that thread. I believed he was told "big news coming this week" and not what the big news was. Think about it....they wanted AD to announce his retirement on his terms so, a) they wouldn't leak it to Jourdan or another insider and b) even if they did, Jourdan or another insider wouldn't leak it to a podcaster. It was an attention grab that backfired on him.

Now, with that draft prediction, the first group was gone before #19 and Mitchell, Thomas and Fautanu were all still on the board, so I guess, more bad information. Advice to Jake....stay in your lane. Report on what has happened, not what's going to happen. Or find some new sources. What the hell are Jumbo Jacks and where do I get my free ones?

by PARAM
2 weeks 3 days ago
Hall of Fame

I've read the kid from Texas is a returner but I haven't seen it mentioned in any evals. What they've said is he plays special teams so it could be he's a good gunner. Maybe he has returned kicks but they didn't include it in his evaluation. I agree with Elvis that getting the ball safely in Stafford's hands is paramount but I'd still like the possibility for a short field every now and then. They have tried Tutu as a PR and perhaps he'll be given another shot. Tyler Johnson might be another option. But maybe they figure with White, Curl and Kinchens they'll be taking the ball away as much as forcing punts? 8-) :lol2:

On the CB room, apparently they felt enough need to sign D Will and White but not enough to draft a CB. They did sign a kid from Michigan (Wallace) and another from WSU (Lampkin) as a UDFAs. Maybe they simply felt with a better pass rush, Durant, Kendricks and Tomlinson only needed some savvy vet leadership on the back end to improve? Plus there's always unsigned free agents in the second wave.

by phoenixrising
2 weeks 2 days ago
 Total posts:   820  
United States of America   Arroyo Grande, CA
Veteran

Ah, yes, the “sports guarantee”! Doesn’t there need to be recourse if you are wrong? At least a donation to charity, or something!

by Elvis
2 weeks 2 days ago
 Total posts:   38757  
United States of America   Los Angeles
Administrator

PARAM wrote:I admire the guy's effort as a sportswriter/podcaster but he gets some bad information. He posts on another Rams forum and got a lot of crap for a post he made prior to AD's retirement. In a thread about free agents acquisitions, he posts "big news coming this week" and when pressed, said, "I'm not allowed to say. All I can say is it will be franchise altering". He led everybody to believe the Rams were going to sign a huge free agent....most thought the Edge from Minnesota or a trade for one of the big two (Burns, Allen).

After the fact (when he was getting raked) I postulated he really didn't know what the news was because he wouldn't have played it that way, in that thread. I believed he was told "big news coming this week" and not what the big news was. Think about it....they wanted AD to announce his retirement on his terms so, a) they wouldn't leak it to Jourdan or another insider and b) even if they did, Jourdan or another insider wouldn't leak it to a podcaster. It was an attention grab that backfired on him.

Now, with that draft prediction, the first group was gone before #19 and Mitchell, Thomas and Fautanu were all still on the board, so I guess, more bad information. Advice to Jake....stay in your lane. Report on what has happened, not what's going to happen. Or find some new sources. What the hell are Jumbo Jacks and where do I get my free ones?

I really only know Jake from Twitter, don't listen to his podcast or watch his YouTube so probably not getting the whole picture on him, but he sure does say a lot of stuff that's wrong.

This time last year he told us he had a source the Rams tried to trade up into the first round for defense. Jourdan corrected the record that it was only offensive players the Rams had tried to move up for.

He had 4 moves the Rams would make in FA this year, 2 that were locks, went 0 for 6.

Matthew Stafford doing Quarterbacks season 2, and on and on.

I do not consider him a good source of info. I even remember way back when he claimed to have AD contract numbers when he was holding out in '17. You won't be shocked to know he did not have the right numbers.

Anyway, when the Rams score two touchdowns in a game, Jack in the Box (a west coast fast food chain) gives away free Jumbo Jacks...

by BrooklynRam74
2 weeks 2 days ago
 Total posts:   203  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Rookie

PARAM wrote:I admire the guy's effort as a sportswriter/podcaster but he gets some bad information. He posts on another Rams forum and got a lot of crap for a post he made prior to AD's retirement. In a thread about free agents acquisitions, he posts "big news coming this week" and when pressed, said, "I'm not allowed to say. All I can say is it will be franchise altering". He led everybody to believe the Rams were going to sign a huge free agent....most thought the Edge from Minnesota or a trade for one of the big two (Burns, Allen).

Jake is one of the biggest Ram Pink-Hatters out there. Fan boy. See no evil Ram fan. Don't need 'em.

by actionjack
2 weeks 2 days ago
 Total posts:   4036  
United States of America   Sactown
Superstar

Elvis wrote:6 QBs going in the first 12 picks, 14 straight offense, wild and unprecedented. I would've thought people were overhyping Penix and Nix, that they'd fall like Levis and Hooker last year but quite the opposite.

I know it's all in good fun but stuff like this is wild to me. I mean what does "guarantee" even mean in this context? Are we all getting free Jumbo Jacks now?

Yeah I dont think Jake knows any more then any other fan. He got it wrong, they went defense. Yeah they had interest in Bowers but not enough to make a move. Defense was the priority as it should have been.

• 3 / 7
68 posts May 16 2024