54 posts
  • 2 / 6
 by ramsman34
2 weeks 3 days ago
 Total posts:   8637  
United States of America   Back in LA baby!

69RamFan wrote:In the beginning, I was just viewing the talent based off the rankings,
Latu looked great on tape,
But then after I started to watch the tape on the top four edge rusher,
I was like Verse all the way.

IMO, Latu is overrated,
cause he played in a weaker conference.

Plus, if you look at who he was rushing against,
primarily against the RT.
It's no wonder why he had so many sacks.

Whereas Verse, played in a stronger conference,
plus, playing against LT,
in which the better T is always on the left side.

During the senior bowl,
Latu was getting pushed around during one on one by the top tackles.

Same take away I got watching them both. The left side right side thing is real. Also, Latu’s ceiling just doesn’t seem nearly as high. I think Verse will keep getting better as he is the better athlete. I also don’t think Latu will be nearly as dominant at the NFL level as you pointed out.

by Elvis
2 weeks 3 days ago
 Total posts:   38757  
United States of America   Los Angeles
Administrator

ramsman34 wrote:See it the same but, Tre White is 50/50 at best to start the season. They will likely ease him in with that Achilles. I think they re sign spoon at the start of camp. Unless Cobie or Captain grabby can be counted on to start outside until Tre is fully ready to go.

We got two Kam's and two Tre's...

by ramsman34
2 weeks 3 days ago

Indeed lol. You do know who and what I meant, yes???

by Elvis
2 weeks 3 days ago
Administrator

ramsman34 wrote:Indeed lol. You do know who and what I meant, yes???

Ha, yes i did, will be huge if he can contribute at a high level this year...

by ramsman34
2 weeks 3 days ago

69x who you got starting opposit D Will in the first 1/4-1/2 of the season if Tre White isn’t ready to go?? I think they could sign spoon. If not, I’d bet Cobie wins the competition.

by Dare
2 weeks 3 days ago
 Total posts:   99  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Practice Squad

The DL is rebuilt and looks to be scary.

JACK Young
3T Turner
1T Fiske
DE Verse

Behind them, they have Davis, and Jackson (who looks like a legit edge).

I've heard nothing about White not being ready, the timeline says he should be. So the secondary is set with boundary CBs White and Williams, SCB Lake, and safeties Curl and Kinchens. Behind them are Durant, and Taylor.

This defense has been completely overhauled. All four DLs can really bring it. If Shula wants to blitz he has Jackson. If he wants run defense like short yardage he has Davis to plug up the middle.

The defense is built to attack not sit back and wait for an offensive mistake. I can see this secondary being ball hawks.

The Rams are back!

by PARAM
2 weeks 3 days ago
 Total posts:   12292  
Barbados   Just far enough North of Philadelphia
Hall of Fame

ramsman34 wrote:See it the same but, Tre White is 50/50 at best to start the season. They will likely ease him in with that Achilles. I think they re sign spoon at the start of camp. Unless Cobie or Captain grabby can be counted on to start outside until Tre is fully ready to go.

Captain grabby gets a bad rap at times. There were penalties called on him that were ludicrous. The refs focus on guys if they're complained about by the opposition. And let's face it, when the WR is fucking with the DB as much as he's being fucked with, they should swallow the whistle. I like Kendricks because he's a fighter and very good in run support. But what do I know? How much will a better pass rush help him? Probably a lot as it will all the DBs.

by Elvis
2 weeks 3 days ago
Administrator

ramsman34 wrote:Indeed lol. You do know who and what I meant, yes???

Actually i thought you were talking about Tomlinson who's a walking PI/personal foul machine but now i realize (i think) you meant Kendrick.

Despite being small, holding out hope Tomlinson is gonna be a player for the Rams...

by 69RamFan
2 weeks 2 days ago
 Total posts:   3212  
United States of America   LA CA by way of NY/NJ
Superstar

ramsman34 wrote:69x who you got starting opposit D Will in the first 1/4-1/2 of the season if Tre White isn’t ready to go?? I think they could sign spoon. If not, I’d bet Cobie wins the competition.

Well either Durant or Kendricks,

I think Kendricks has the tools,
he just needs to play his man,
and keep his man in front of him.
Don't go for the fakes,
trying to jump the route,
then he gets beat on the out and up the field.

Basically, who has a better camp between those two,
unless some UDFA can come in and surprise us.

But if we can reconstruct Stafford's contract,
and have some money for Witherspoon,
that would work.

by snackdaddy
2 weeks 2 days ago
 Total posts:   9689  
United States of America   Merced California
Hall of Fame

PARAM wrote:Some folks had Latu as the #1 edge....and he did go off first. But those who worried about his medicals (a disk removed) had Verse as the #1 Edge. Turner by some others. I wanted Verse after I watched the FSU defense. Had no idea we'd get both he and Fiske. Ram fans are going to love those 2.

As far as less talent "inside", anytime you lose a first ballot HOFer, you're gonna lose talent. But don't sell the interior group short. Kobie, Brown III, Desjuan Johnson, Fiske and Davis, possibly with contributions from Murchison (and Hoecht?) should grow into a good unit.

I think we're gonna like this defense.

I don't know if it will take time for these guys to come together. But if they can be middle of the pack defense they should win plenty of games. I expect the offense to be top 5.

• 2 / 6
54 posts May 15 2024