6 posts
  • 1 / 1
 by Elvis
3 weeks 4 days ago
 Total posts:   38615  
United States of America   Los Angeles
Administrator

NFL Network continues paring down as Stark, Siciliano, Palmer, Selva out: Source

By Andrew Marchand

The trimming at NFL Network continues as on-air personalities Melissa Stark, Andrew Siciliano, James Palmer and Will Selva are all out, an executive with direct knowledge of the moves told The Athletic.

“As is normal course of business this time of year, we are evaluating our talent roster for the upcoming 2024 season and beyond,” NFL Network spokesperson Alex Riethmiller told The Athletic. “That process results in renewals, non-renewals and additions to our talent lineup depending on programming needs. To those departing talent, we give our sincere thanks and appreciation for their hard work and contributions to NFL Media.”

Stark was part of the network’s big event coverage and remains the sideline reporter for NBC’s “Sunday Night Football.”

Siciliano was one of the main hosts on the network for years. Beginning in 2005, he gained popularity as the on-air conductor for DirecTV’s “RedZone” package before the platform lost the rights to the whip around to games to Google’s YouTube before last season.

NFL Network has been paring back costs in all sectors. It recently announced it was moving its popular show, “Good Morning Football,” from New York to its Los Angeles studios. Thus far, only Jamie Erdahl said she would go west with the program, while Peter Schrager, Kyle Brandt and Jason McCourty have yet to announce their intentions. Selva provided news updates on the program, among his other roles. GMFB, which also was not sent to the Super Bowl this year, is on hiatus until it restarts again in late August.

Palmer was a national reporter for NFL Network. He had been with the network for nearly a decade.

The NFL has been in talks about selling the network and other NFL Media assets to ESPN in an equity swap. A resolution, either way, is expected in the coming months.

by Elvis
3 weeks 4 days ago
 Total posts:   38615  
United States of America   Los Angeles
Administrator

I like Siciliano a lot but i almost never watch the NFL Network unless it's the draft or a game, something live, pretty much never watch any of their regular programming. So maybe i'm part of a demographic who likes him but doesn't really watch their channel?

Wonder if he ends up at Prime or YouTube, guess we'll see...

by Dare
3 weeks 3 days ago
 Total posts:   82  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Practice Squad

I really enjoyed Siciliano, too many "hosts" are too into themselves and their biases. Andrew was a true professional, which is rare these days.

I used to watch GMFB until it evolved into a gameshow format piece of crap. If Erdahl, Schrager and Selva return I have no problem with them. GMFB should return to a serious NFL information and commentary format and drop the asinine gameshow nonsense. If they do I would return to watching the show. Brandt is a clown and McCourty seemed a bad fit.

by actionjack
3 weeks 2 days ago
 Total posts:   3986  
United States of America   Sactown
Superstar

Yep Andrew was great, enjoyed catching him on the afternoon stuff, not sure why you would move away from him. Do we really need all those "insiders" they have??? Plus Andrew liked the Rams, hopefully he still is doing the preseason games.

• 1 / 1
6 posts Apr 29 2024