89 posts
  • 2 / 9
 by azramsfan93
2 months 5 days ago
 Total posts:   1493  
United States of America   Chandler, Arizona
Pro Bowl

😭😭😭

So sad to see him go! The greatest defensive player of all time!

We will miss you AD99!!!

by Dare
2 months 5 days ago
 Total posts:   102  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Practice Squad

His restructure is real and you don't restructure a player who is retiring. He might have talked about it with friends just like he did right after the SB. Then changed his mind when he looked at his contract.

If he retires this year it totally screws the Rams cap wise and will cost jobs. Donald isn't going to do that when he can make a substantial bonus at the same time.

by rams74
2 months 5 days ago
 Total posts:   1492  
Italy   Glendale, Arizona
Pro Bowl

McVay and Snead both have issued statements. But it sure seems like they were surprised by this, if not completely blindsided.

https://www.latimes.com/sports/rams/sto ... -to-retire

Aaron Donald, one of the greatest defensive linemen in NFL history, announced his retirement Friday.

Donald, who will turn 33 in May, is a three-time NFL defensive player of the year. He amassed 111 sacks in 10 seasons for the Rams after they selected him 13th in the 2014 draft.

“Cheers to what’s next,” Donald wrote in a post on social media. “Extending a big thank you to the Rams and all of the fans for your support over these last 10 years. Much love.”

Donald, an eight-time All-Pro, helped the Rams advance to two Super Bowls under coach Sean McVay. His pressure on Cincinnati Bengals quarterback Joe Burrow clinched a Super Bowl LVI victory at SoFi Stadium to end the 2021 season.

“The great players in our league elevate the people around them and Aaron has modeled the way for our team as long as I’ve been with the Rams,” McVay said in a statement. “He’s an elite competitor, someone who leads by example in a way that’s authentic to him, and an exceptional teammate who inspires everyone around him to be the best version of themselves.

“As great of a player he is, he’s an even better person. He is truly one of one and epitomizes everything that’s right about sports. I will forever cherish the memories we’ve made and will always be grateful for how he poured everything into this game and into our team. He’s meant a lot to me personally and to my family.”

Said general manager Les Snead in a statement: “There will never be another Aaron Donald.”

Donald was due to carry a salary-cap number of $25 million in the final season of a contract that has two void years.

by WaddyWasWideOpen
2 months 5 days ago
 Total posts:   155  
Rookie

If FO didnt know...that is a major fail on their part

rams74 wrote:McVay and Snead both have issued statements. But it sure seems like they were surprised by this, if not completely blindsided.

https://www.latimes.com/sports/rams/sto ... -to-retire

Aaron Donald, one of the greatest defensive linemen in NFL history, announced his retirement Friday.

Donald, who will turn 33 in May, is a three-time NFL defensive player of the year. He amassed 111 sacks in 10 seasons for the Rams after they selected him 13th in the 2014 draft.

“Cheers to what’s next,” Donald wrote in a post on social media. “Extending a big thank you to the Rams and all of the fans for your support over these last 10 years. Much love.”

Donald, an eight-time All-Pro, helped the Rams advance to two Super Bowls under coach Sean McVay. His pressure on Cincinnati Bengals quarterback Joe Burrow clinched a Super Bowl LVI victory at SoFi Stadium to end the 2021 season.

“The great players in our league elevate the people around them and Aaron has modeled the way for our team as long as I’ve been with the Rams,” McVay said in a statement. “He’s an elite competitor, someone who leads by example in a way that’s authentic to him, and an exceptional teammate who inspires everyone around him to be the best version of themselves.

“As great of a player he is, he’s an even better person. He is truly one of one and epitomizes everything that’s right about sports. I will forever cherish the memories we’ve made and will always be grateful for how he poured everything into this game and into our team. He’s meant a lot to me personally and to my family.”

Said general manager Les Snead in a statement: “There will never be another Aaron Donald.”

Donald was due to carry a salary-cap number of $25 million in the final season of a contract that has two void years.

by /zn/
2 months 5 days ago
 Total posts:   6789  
United States of America   Maine
Hall of Fame

Dare wrote:His restructure is real and you don't restructure a player who is retiring.

Jourdan Rodrigue@JourdanRodrigue
They did restructure him. Retirement doesn’t change the restructure. To my knowledge, they knew as free agency began (but as I reported a few times, heading into FA much needed clearing up)

by ramman2999
2 months 5 days ago
 Total posts:   572  
Veteran

The Best Ram ever.

I’ll stick with that Statement.

Damn AD glad i got to watch you play.

And glad we won that super bowl. Thats why you always gotta go for it and try to win a super bowl. Because you never know when a player will retire. Glad i got to see him play at Sofi.

by BrooklynRam74
2 months 5 days ago
 Total posts:   204  
Rookie

ramman2999 wrote:The Best Ram ever.

I’ll stick with that Statement.

Damn AD glad i got to watch you play.

And glad we won that super bowl. Thats why you always gotta go for it and try to win a super bowl. Because you never know when a player will retire. Glad i got to see him play at Sofi.

Definitely the Best Ram ever. On the Mount Rushmore of All Time Defensive players.

by BrooklynRam74
2 months 5 days ago
 Total posts:   204  
Rookie

Dare is hilarious. That's a "bit" you're doing, right?

by snackdaddy
2 months 5 days ago
 Total posts:   9690  
United States of America   Merced California
Hall of Fame

WaddyWasWideOpen wrote:Im sorry but how does this help the team?

It doesn't. As far as the team the only solace is Aaron likely would not be the same player he was a few years ago. But even with that he still woulda been one of the best. The show must go on. They need to address a new need now.

by ramman2999
2 months 5 days ago
 Total posts:   572  
Veteran

Yeah it sucks. He’s the best to ever do it. And nobody saw this coming. The guy is a first ballot hall of famer. I don’t even know what your draft looks like now.

• 2 / 9
89 posts May 20 2024