89 posts
  • 7 / 9
 by max
1 month 4 weeks ago
 Total posts:   5590  
United States of America   Sarasota, FL
Hall of Fame

I remember when he was drafted in 2014, I was actually at that draft in NYC. Of course, AD wasn’t there, so there was just a simple announcement at pick 13. I was sitting with a young Rams draftnik who was getting all the picks before they were announced. When he got the AD pick he turned to me and said, you’re gonna be happy with this pick. That was because I loved the idea of drafting an elite DT more than any position, including QB. There was a scout for the Packers, some guy named Te Thomas I think, who said Donald was the best player in the draft. Teams were scared of drafting an undersized DT at the top of the draft, that’s what happens when you don’t really know what you’re doing and you’re a slave to measurables.

Anyways, all these big name sports writers and analysts were at that draft, and I talked to a few of them when the first round was over. None of them raved about Donald. I remember one guy raving about the Browns getting Manzel late in the round. I’m at that age now when I understand none of these guys know more than us. It’s all show and BS.

And how about the fact that same team that drafted Donald, also drafted Greg Robinson 12 picks earlier. Don’t ever tell me there’s no luck in the draft.

by ramsman34
1 month 4 weeks ago
 Total posts:   8637  
United States of America   Back in LA baby!

Yep. Got lucky last year. And hopefully again this year. However, without great prep and knowing the type of player if not the players you specifically want, there is no luck. They get “lucky” in getting who they want, where there want, IMO.

I believe the Rams have about 25 or so players they really really like and want. And I think they will get one of them at every pick they make. Then we get to see if they were right.

by 69RamFan
1 month 4 weeks ago
 Total posts:   3212  
United States of America   LA CA by way of NY/NJ
Superstar

With the restructure of AD's contract,

And it being left open for him to come back,

He'll get bored after a couple of month's sitting at home.

He is turning 33yrs young, and in great shape.

He'll start to miss being with the fellows playing football.

I'd say, he'll start working out around June time frame on his own,

and he'll be back around Oct/Nov time frame,

if not sooner!!! :D :D :D

by PARAM
1 month 4 weeks ago
 Total posts:   12292  
Barbados   Just far enough North of Philadelphia
Hall of Fame

ramsman34 wrote:Yep. Got lucky last year. And hopefully again this year. However, without great prep and knowing the type of player if not the players you specifically want, there is no luck. They get “lucky” in getting who they want, where there want, IMO.

Yeah they mock a few drafts I'm sure. Target some guys (3 or 4, maybe more) around their slot. Possibly jump if someone drops for no reason other than trades or somebody below being drafted higher.

It's a unique situation they're in this year. Mid round first; OL solidified in FA, as well as secondary. They're in position to feed DL, secondary, OLB or ILB early. Whichever falls their way. RB position has no obvious studs, WR class is deep. I wouldn't be pissed if they went OL or DL with their first pick wherever that ends up. How can anybody be pissed if they went OLB or CB? Or WR? It's gonna be interesting.

ramsman34 wrote:I believe the Rams have about 25 or so players they really really like and want.

I'd expect it to be higher. 11 picks, 4 in the first 100. I'd bet they have 20 or more guys they like in the top 100. Probably more. And I'd bet they have another 25 or so for #153 to the end of the draft. These guys....and I mean more than just McVay and Snead....may be getting better at this. We'll see. Can't wait.

by 69RamFan
1 month 4 weeks ago
 Total posts:   3212  
United States of America   LA CA by way of NY/NJ
Superstar

69RamFan wrote:With the restructure of AD's contract,

And it being left open for him to come back,

He'll get bored after a couple of month's sitting at home.

He is turning 33yrs young, and in great shape.

He'll start to miss being with the fellows playing football.

I'd say, he'll start working out around June time frame on his own,

and he'll be back around Oct/Nov time frame,

if not sooner!!! :D :D :D

Here is a GOAT at 57yrs old,

With a killer mentality!

I see AD the same way,

No way AD stays away from the game this early in his life!!!

by BuiltRamTough
1 month 4 weeks ago
 Total posts:   5357  
Armenia   Los Angeles
Hall of Fame

Thanks for all he did and he's the best but what an odd time to quit. This roster might be better then the 2021 roster.

by ramman2999
1 month 4 weeks ago
 Total posts:   572  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Veteran

He will be the next rock starring in Hollywood movies.

Hes got the phsyicue with some acting lessons youre looking at Arnold.

I think his best comedy is situational comedy. Put him with a comedian like a Kevin Hart and you have comedy gold.

He can play security guard valet driver. Seen a few things with him. Hes good. I know hes all about Pittsburg.

But he can do some stuff in Hollywood.

by ramman2999
1 month 4 weeks ago
 Total posts:   572  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Veteran

I think hes the greatest to ever do it for the Rams.

And him winning that super bowl just says it. That was so huge. When you really think about it. Us trading for Stafford.

The run he made. Huge games against Tampa Bay San Francisco and Cincinatti.

I was at that Parade. AD was the man and it meant alot to him.

So hes the best to put the Rams uniform on. He made all the plays. He was the face of that Super Bowl Run.

by PARAM
1 month 4 weeks ago
 Total posts:   12292  
Barbados   Just far enough North of Philadelphia
Hall of Fame

BuiltRamTough wrote:what an odd time to quit. This roster might be better then the 2021 roster.

Yes, odd. And no too.

We knew he'd eventually retire. But I'd rather have AD retire when we had a better roster than 2021, instead of a lesser roster. Funny how I hated the "is Brady really retiring?" and yet I enjoy the "maybe he'll pull a Weddle" with AD. :D But if he's gotta go, I'd prefer he do it when it's least harmful to the team.

• 7 / 9
89 posts May 15 2024