by Flash
1 month 2 weeks ago
 Total posts:   1206  
United States of America   Houston
Pro Bowl

https://www.nfl.com/news/rams-finalizin ... s-williams

Rams finalizing three-year deal to sign CB Darious Williams
Published: Mar 12, 2024
Corner Darious Williams will return to Los Angeles.
Williams is finalizing a three-year deal to join the Rams, where he played four seasons and earned a Super Bowl victory, NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport reported on Tuesday, per sources informed of the situation.
Williams spent the past two seasons with the Jacksonville Jaguars. The 30-year-old authored a solid 2023 campaign, generating a career-high four interceptions, 19 passes defensed, two forced fumbles and 53 tackles. Williams was one of seven players to earn four-plus INTs and two-plus forced fumbles in 2023.

Despite being their top corner, the Jags released Williams this offseason in a cost-cutting move. The 5-foot-9 defensive back is excellent in zone coverage but doesn't fit as well with new coordinator Ryan Nielsen's scheme.
Williams should slide back into a starting role in L.A. as Chris Shula replaces Raheem Morris as the Rams DC. Since 2020, Williams has allowed a 78.4 passer rating in primary coverage, per PFF, second-best in the NFL over that span (min. 200 targets).
Originally an undrafted free agent in 2018, Williams signed with Baltimore but played just three games with the Ravens before being waived. L.A. claimed him, and he spent the next three seasons with the Rams. Williams had a memorable playoff interception against Seattle in the 2020 playoffs and helped L.A. hoist a Lombardi the following season.

by /zn/
1 month 2 weeks ago
 Total posts:   6774  
United States of America   Maine
Hall of Fame

PFF LA Rams@PFF_Rams
Darious Williams: 2nd most valuable CB in the NFL last season (per PFF WAR)

by snackdaddy
1 month 2 weeks ago
 Total posts:   9672  
United States of America   Merced California
Hall of Fame

I like it. Its a position of need. I know he didn't have his best season with us in his final year. But he's an experienced vet who knows how to play the position. If they don't sign an edge rusher I have to think its going to be addressed in the draft. Possibly first round.

by Dare
1 month 2 weeks ago
 Total posts:   83  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Practice Squad

Apparently, JJ who is a FA himself actually recruited Williams to "come home" to LA. This is a big signing.

by PARAM
1 month 2 weeks ago
 Total posts:   12270  
Barbados   Just far enough North of Philadelphia
Hall of Fame

snackdaddy wrote:I like it. Its a position of need. I know he didn't have his best season with us in his final year. But he's an experienced vet who knows how to play the position. If they don't sign an edge rusher I have to think its going to be addressed in the draft. Possibly first round.

He may not have had HIS best season but he helped his team mates get a ring. :D

by RAMMAN76
1 month 2 weeks ago
 Total posts:   565  
United States of America   Fort Worth TX
Veteran

Good signing; I like that the team is all in on getting a ring this season.

• 1 / 1
8 posts Apr 29 2024