35 posts
  • 4 / 4
 by actionjack
3 weeks 5 days ago
 Total posts:   4036  
United States of America   Sactown
Superstar

Elvis wrote:Absolutely. And Kupp saying it was his room before Stafford showed up...

I better see Puka in there some next year :D

by ramsman34
3 weeks 5 days ago
 Total posts:   8637  
United States of America   Back in LA baby!

69RamFan wrote:There is only one offensive player,

if they were going to trade up to draft an offensive player,

Yes, that would be LT/ALT.

I don't see them trading up for a WR or a TE,

Cause we have both WR/TE position starters tied up for the next three years.

If ALT is gone, and Verse is still on the board,

Don't be surprised that we trade up to get Verse. IMO

I could see that. But I think they see 2-4 WRs and Bowers differently. We have 2 WRs under contract past 2024 we have NO proven playmaking TEs available for at least the start of the season with Higs’ injury. So, as far as pass catching playmakers, they have Puka, and Kupp (hopefully he stays injury free), and a pretty good #3 in DRob. Tutu has speed but they don’t use him a lot and he’s not a Redzone threat. Odunze, Nabors, Bowers, Harrison, and even B Thomas are explosive playmakers. You simply can’t have enough of them.

All that said, Alt could be elite and the other LTs are all very good.

One of us is gonna be right, lol. And frankly, the Rams will address edge and offensive playmaker(s) and OT in the draft. Just depends which way they go in the first. They will also add a DL, RB, kicker, ILB, and DBs in the draft and with UDFA.

There is better quality depth at WR than edge. So that could factor and make your prediction correct. We will see brother. It’s going to be fascinating. And there will be some picks that will probably be unexpected.

by ramsman34
3 weeks 5 days ago
 Total posts:   8637  
United States of America   Back in LA baby!

I think another thing we here just can’t know is how many elite players (non-QB) are in this draft? Eliminating 4 QBs that leaves 15 players to get to #19. Do you think the Rams think there are 15 elite players in this draft? I don’t. Hence the trade up scenarios. If they trade up it is likely for an elite player at a position of need - the Rams’ opinion of need - which again is something we can’t know. They aren’t draftnicks. They are elite professionals who really know what they want and what they need. And they know how to identify those players. And how to get them.

by snackdaddy
3 weeks 2 days ago
 Total posts:   9689  
United States of America   Merced California
Hall of Fame

Elite players are hard to come by. I'd be fine if this draft yields at least a couple solid contributors. If the only elite player is the quarterback and he's surrounded by solid contributors and good to decent role players you can win a lot of games with that.

by BobCarl
3 weeks 2 days ago
 Total posts:   4324  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Superstar

ramsman34 wrote:. Do you think the Rams think there are 15 elite players in this draft? I don’t. Hence the trade up scenarios.

I tend to think the Rams will let the elite player(s) will fall to them ... Gangnam Style ... no I mean Puka Style.

• 4 / 4
35 posts May 15 2024