36 posts
  • 4 / 4
 by snackdaddy
1 month 2 weeks ago
 Total posts:   9672  
United States of America   Merced California
Hall of Fame

Jackson is at least serviceable. The whole line improved after the bye. I don't know that we will have a top 5 line but I think with a guy like Stafford and a running back like Williams, they should be just fine. Perhaps even better overall than the 2021 championship team. I also don't think anyone will offer a bigger deal and give up a second round pick for him. I'm expecting our starting line from left to right to be A. Jackson/J. Jackson/Avila/Dotson/Havenstein. I'm fine with it if that ends up to be the case.

by FMulder
1 month 2 weeks ago
 Total posts:   192  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Rookie

ramsman34 wrote:3. If no one offers A Jax, he is a very affordable LT. also, Rams can still trade up for an elite rookie LT, and have the option let them compete in camp with the back up becoming the swing. this allows the Rams to let Boom walk.

Rams are sitting pretty good. I personally like option 3 the best.

I’m not a draft guru but would they have to trade up from 19 to get one of the top OTs?

If they can’t get one at 19 I’d rather they look for one after round 1 and let Jackson play the year and see where everything stands when it is over. The draftee would get good reps and a year under his belt and maybe some playing time and you’d have a much better idea on where you stand at the end of the season.

If they can get an elite OT at 19 then Boom is gone and you have 2 solid players in Jackson and the draftee going into the season

by ramsman34
1 month 2 weeks ago
 Total posts:   8582  
United States of America   Back in LA baby!

FMulder wrote:I’m not a draft guru but would they have to trade up from 19 to get one of the top OTs?

If they can’t get one at 19 I’d rather they look for one after round 1 and let Jackson play the year and see where everything stands when it is over. The draftee would get good reps and a year under his belt and maybe some playing time and you’d have a much better idea on where you stand at the end of the season.

If they can get an elite OT at 19 then Boom is gone and you have 2 solid players in Jackson and the draftee going into the season

Yes, I mentioned that a trade up would be necessary. But, you'd be getting arguably a franchise LT on a rookie deal and you would control him potentially for 6 years (4 year contract + 5th year option + franchise tag if needed). That's cheap for the position, big time. Still move on from Boom and have A Jax as the 2024 starter if he wins the job and your swing tackle who can also play guard if he doesn't. I don't see one of the top 2-3 LT's dropping to 19.

by ramsman34
1 month 2 weeks ago
 Total posts:   8582  
United States of America   Back in LA baby!

Elvis wrote:Hoecht tenered as well:

Some insurance if they whiff on edge in FA.

by FMulder
1 month 2 weeks ago
 Total posts:   192  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Rookie

He plays hard and can pressure the QB. Now about his pass coverage …… Let’s just make him go in a forward direction.

• 4 / 4
36 posts Apr 29 2024