126 posts
  • 2 / 13
 by actionjack
3 months 3 weeks ago
 Total posts:   4036  
United States of America   Sactown
Superstar

PARAM wrote:I agree, Baltimore should win......but think Cowboys. Something seems to always happen with Baltimore that ends their season. And this year it could be the defending champs. I hope not because I'm tired of KC.

I dunno, I wouldnt put the Ravens in the same boat as the Cowboys. The Ravens did win a SB fairly recently and have looked very consistent this season. I just dont think KC has enough on the road.

by PARAM
3 months 3 weeks ago
 Total posts:   12292  
Barbados   Just far enough North of Philadelphia
Hall of Fame

actionjack wrote:I dunno, I wouldnt put the Ravens in the same boat as the Cowboys. The Ravens did win a SB fairly recently and have looked very consistent this season. I just dont think KC has enough on the road.

I'm not talking about "how they look" this season. They look great. So did Dallas. I'm just looking at the history.

They won the SB 11 years ago.....'fairly recently' could be said but if it were the Rams, would it still feel like "fairly recently". Think 2010. :D Before this season, they had made the postseason 5 times in 10 years and went 1 and done 3 times.

Dallas hasn't won a SB since 95 and prior to this year, they've been in the postseason 5 times in 10 and gone 1 and done 3 times. The #1 scoring offense (for the 2nd time in 3 years) and they were 1 and done again this year. That's a reason I made the comparison.

Now Baltimore is facing Mahomes and KC, which could seem like the football gods have set them up to do it again. :lol2: Hey, I picked Baltimore to win but my confidence level is about 55%.

by ramsman34
3 months 3 weeks ago
 Total posts:   8637  
United States of America   Back in LA baby!

I think the best scenario is either Baltimore or KC winning it all. That way either the Lions are depressed the didn’t make the SB or got there a lost and the whiners are eliminated at one of the championship levels.

That would make me smile. lol.

Then again, what’s the increased motivation factor for Stafford if the Goff led Lions win it all???

Ahh the psychology of it all!!!

by PARAM
3 months 2 weeks ago
Hall of Fame

ramsman34 wrote:I think the best scenario is either Baltimore or KC winning it all. That way either the Lions are depressed the didn’t make the SB or got there a lost and the whiners are eliminated at one of the championship levels.

That would make me smile. lol.

Then again, what’s the increased motivation factor for Stafford if the Goff led Lions win it all???

Ahh the psychology of it all!!!

They'll say it doesn't affect anything but they'd be lying methinks.

"Stafford couldn't win one with Detroit, so he went to McVay and won one with the Rams. Then the guy McVay unloaded won one with Detroit." Oh the storylines that would appear!!

I was thinking about something last night. The way the Rams improved quickly and the Lions improved and Green Bay improved, if San Francisco doesn't win it all this year, they could join Dallas for a continued drought.

by actionjack
3 months 2 weeks ago
 Total posts:   4036  
United States of America   Sactown
Superstar

Im def cheering for the AFC this year, mostly due to anyone but the whiners. However the Lions and their fans have pissed me off so I want them to make the SB but get beat, badly lol.

by Elvis
3 months 2 weeks ago
 Total posts:   38757  
United States of America   Los Angeles
Administrator

actionjack wrote:I dunno, I wouldnt put the Ravens in the same boat as the Cowboys. The Ravens did win a SB fairly recently and have looked very consistent this season. I just dont think KC has enough on the road.

Spread up to 4 in some places now, seems like the betting public agrees with you.

by /zn/
3 months 2 weeks ago
 Total posts:   6787  
United States of America   Maine
Hall of Fame

My take on this is that it won't mean anything to Stafford if the Lions keep winning, except that he's glad for the team. He knows real well what we know--he wanted out, and the trade worked for both teams. He went to a built team and a superbowl. The qb and picks in return helped build the other team. IMO he doesn't have any "revenge" motive underneath it all. When they play the Lions again he will want to win, making it so the Stafford Rams lead the Campbell Lions series 2 to 1. But that's about it.

by PARAM
3 months 2 weeks ago
Hall of Fame

Is Mr. Irrelevant starting to believe the hype?

Purdy wrote:"It doesn't matter if you played good or bad, like I don't take really any of that with you the next week," Purdy said. "It's a new game. It's a new scheme. It's a new environment. Everything about it is new. It's almost like you've got to clean the slate, learn from the mistakes, build off of the good things that you've done ... I think that's where the great ones really separate themselves from the others."

It's like coach speak......'good or bad.....I don't take really any of that with you'...but....'learn from the mistakes'...and...'build off of the good things'.....

I guess that means he's forgot about last year when he was injured 8 minutes into the CCG. Hopefully, Detroit will pressure him early and play tight coverage.

by max
3 months 2 weeks ago
 Total posts:   5590  
United States of America   Sarasota, FL
Hall of Fame

Rank the 4 QB…

1. Mahomes
2. Lamar
3. Goff
4. Purdy

by Elvis
3 months 2 weeks ago
 Total posts:   38757  
United States of America   Los Angeles
Administrator

Baltimore favored by 5 at Circa yet 3.5 at Ceasers. That's a pretty big difference for a game like this. Most places are 4 and 4.5. Money has definitely been coming in on Baltimore.

SF pretty steady at 7 or 7.5...

• 2 / 13
126 posts May 16 2024