41 posts
  • 1 / 5
 by PARAM
4 months 1 day ago
 Total posts:   12296  
Barbados   Just far enough North of Philadelphia
Hall of Fame

It sucks we're out of it but I still love NFL football and will watch each of the upcoming games rooting for or against somebody. I know the Lions knocked us out, but of all the teams playing, I'd be least offended by their success.

Houston (11-7) @ Baltimore (13-4)
Reality says, Stroud had a great year but this is the week it ends. And that would probably be accurate. But we're talking about the Ravens and Lamar. They are 56-27 since Lamar came into the league, in the postseason 3 of the previous 4 years but have won just 1 game. And that win didn't happen in the 14-2 season. I'm not from Missouri but they gotta show me they can win in the postseason before I'm convinced. No rooting interest in this game. Stroud is the OROY, no matter what happens.

Green Bay (10-8) @ San Francisco (12-5)
There no matchup on earth where I could root for the niners. And when Green Bay was piloted by Aaron Rodgers, I could never root for them. But how cool would it be if the Packers ended up in the Conference Championship Game (or even the SB) the first year Rodgers was gone? I'd love it. Here's hoping they beat the snot out of the niners.

Tampa (10-8) @ Detroit (13-5)
Yeah Baker earned a starting job playing with the Rams. And he's given McVay all the credit. But I'm not rooting for him to advance. He's already proved his doubters wrong. Goff is like a deer in the headlights under pressure and I'm sure Tampa will apply plenty in this game. I think the Lions would be smart to run a lot early. He was a Ram for 75 more games than Baker and gave me many more thrills than beating the Raiders and Denver, so I'm rooting for Goff.

Kansas City (12-6) @ Buffalo (12-6)
I'm tired of the Andy/Mahomes project so I'm rooting for the Bills here. Familiarity breeds contempt. Seen them at or near the top too many times already. But when I heard Allen made a comment about "finally getting KC at home", it reminded me of Rodgers comment the year the niners beat him in the snow at Lambeau. The downside to KC losing is, all we'll hear is "Mahomes first road postseason game and he lost. That's the key". Which is utter nonsense. Mahomes is 37-11 on the road in his career. He knows how to win on the road.

Well enjoy the games....here's to a SF loss making the season an enjoyable one despite our exit in the Wild Card round.

by actionjack
4 months 1 day ago
 Total posts:   4042  
United States of America   Sactown
Superstar

Unfortunately I think the only game that will be close is the last one of course, Bills V Chiefs.

I would love for GB to win, but I think they get smoked.

Ravens should dominate the Texans

I think Detroit will smoke the Bucs at home. I have a bad taste in my mouth about the Lions so wouldnt mind them losing to Baker, but I think the Lions are the only team that "could" beat the whiners in the NFC.

by ramsman34
4 months 1 day ago
 Total posts:   8638  
United States of America   Back in LA baby!

Wanna pull for Goff but that game left a bad taste in my mouth. Due to officiating and marginal if not dirty play by their D.

Can’t wait to see them again in Detroit next season. Not a playoff game but I have a feeling the Rams will smoke them like they should have last Sunday.

3 trips to the Redzone. 3 stinkin FGs. Shoulda won by 10+. Oh well.

Bucs, Packers, Ravens, don’t care Bills/Chiefs.

by RedAlice
4 months 1 day ago
 Total posts:   6596  
United States of America   Dallas, Texas
Hall of Fame

Elvis wrote:I’ll be rooting for ex Rams QB Baker Mayfield but that’s probably not gonna go well for me…

Me too.

by ramsman34
4 months 1 day ago
 Total posts:   8638  
United States of America   Back in LA baby!

No no no. Go Texans!!!!

by rams74
4 months 13 hours ago
 Total posts:   1492  
Italy   Glendale, Arizona
Pro Bowl

Go Pack Go. The Packers are hot. I absolutely believe they have a punchers' chance.

Go Lions. I guess. Not cheering for Tampa Bay. I believe the Lions have a slightly better chance against the Niners than the Bucs (if the Packers don't win).

Anybody but SF.

by PARAM
4 months 13 hours ago
 Total posts:   12296  
Barbados   Just far enough North of Philadelphia
Hall of Fame

This season, because of all the outstanding Rams rookies, it makes me want new blood at the top. Houston? Sure. Detroit? Aside from some of the questionable action vs the Rams last week, sure. I wouldn't mind seeing Buffalo take a big step. Green Bay doesn't cause nearly the angst as when Rodgers was there.

So there's an outside chance for Detroit vs Green Bay. An all Black and Blue division CCG. A Buffalo and Houston CCG? Interesting matchup. I think back to the late 80's early 90's, Houston (the originals) with Warren Moon and Buffalo with Jim Kelly were always in the postseason. So I was trying to remember them playing one another. But the teams only met twice and Kelly/Moon once, as the other time it was Frank Reich's huge comeback win!

Imagine the possible SB matchups. Detroit vs Buffalo. A team getting there for the first time. A team getting there for the 5th time, still looking for it's first win. Green Bay vs Kansas City. The original SB matchup. Oddly enough, the original winner vs the latest winner. The matchup least possible? Houston vs Green Bay. The pick most favored? Baltimore and San Francisco. Hopefully, that won't happen.

All time records vs this weeks opponents?

Green Bay leads San Francisco 34-28-1 ; 4-5 in the postseason. Since 1990 San Francisco is just 7-15 vs Green Bay in the regular season but hold a 5-4 postseason lead.

Detroit leads Tampa 32-28-1 ; 0-1 in the postseason. These two were in the NFC Central from 1978-2001 (Lions went 25-22; 0-1 in the postseason). Since realignment they are 6-6. They met once when Tampa was in the AFC with Detroit winning.

Buffalo leads Kansas City 27-24-1; 2-3 in the postseason. This is the second oldest rivalry among the remaining matchups, dating back to 1960 (GB/SF date back to 1950). Since 2000, the Bills are 10-7 vs KC but 0-2 in the postseason. These two have met in the CCG 3 times with Buffalo winning 2. They met in the Divisional round twice (KC 2-0).

Baltimore has owned Houston (11-2; 1-0 in the postseason). Houston hasn't beat the Ravens since 2014 (0-4).

by actionjack
4 months 12 hours ago
 Total posts:   4042  
United States of America   Sactown
Superstar

ramsman34 wrote:Wanna pull for Goff but that game left a bad taste in my mouth. Due to officiating and marginal if not dirty play by their D.

Can’t wait to see them again in Detroit next season. Not a playoff game but I have a feeling the Rams will smoke them like they should have last Sunday.

3 trips to the Redzone. 3 stinkin FGs. Shoulda won by 10+. Oh well.

Bucs, Packers, Ravens, don’t care Bills/Chiefs.

It's funny, I think most of us were just happy to be the playoffs....but...

The Lions team and Lions fans brought out the ole competitive juices and we should have won. The game is inches at times, Staff gets hurried or he gets a TD to Kupp that ended up being a FG. Also the fact that we could have gotten to the NFC game pretty easily made it worse. But losing (not a given) to the whiners would have sucked....

by snackdaddy
3 months 4 weeks ago
 Total posts:   9690  
United States of America   Merced California
Hall of Fame

As long as the 49ers season ends with a loss at some point I'm good. The sooner the better.

• 1 / 5
41 posts May 20 2024