119 posts
  • 9 / 12
 by ramsman34
4 months 1 day ago
 Total posts:   8637  
United States of America   Back in LA baby!

Regarding 4th down. We have a punter with a huge leg. Punt it out of bounds deep or out of the end zone. Granted, Lions regular returner is out. But still, I would limit exposure.

by ramman2999
4 months 1 day ago
 Total posts:   572  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Veteran

4th down you can’t be going for it giving these guys a short field not in this dome.

We can easily be down 24-0 to these guys. This ain’t the team to F with. They have too many playmakers. Pin them deep.

If we protect the football execute on 3rd down we’ll be fine.

I think the key is the team that gets the most Quarterback pressure. I think that’s us. Aaron Donald is too good up the middle.

Goff is flat footed in the pocket that’s the key. Get to him. He will go down it will mess up the whole offense.

They are going to try to get it to St. Brown quick to go at our linebackers.

And they will be running 25-30 times running a lot trying to play time of possession to keep us off the field. You’ll see lots of runs with David Montgomery and Jamry Gibbs to run right at Aaron Donald. They want to tire him out. Kolbie Turner will be huge.

They will be running to set up playaction with Jameson Williams you have to be ready for that. He will be huge they will be using him in reverse.

How does Mike Laporta play a week after a sprained MCL? either you have a sprained MCL or you don’t. I remember Kelce had this same injury week 1 and didn’t play for KC.

by 69RamFan
4 months 1 day ago
 Total posts:   3212  
United States of America   LA CA by way of NY/NJ
Superstar

ramsman34 wrote:69. Didn’t forget about Tutu. He’s just not getting snaps lately. I agree they should give him some Sunday. Lions have No answers for him. 10 personnel is risky but the threat of jet action, screens, draws etc are also available spread like that. I just hope they don’t line up in empty much. Motioning to it would be fine though.

I'm not saying do it often,
Just throw in a few plays with 10PG,
on a 2nd and 5 to go.

If you have 4/WR,
most likely D would put in six DBs.

You could either pass or run right up the gut of the DL
There would be gaping holes with only a four man front with one MLB.

by ramsman34
4 months 1 day ago
 Total posts:   8637  
United States of America   Back in LA baby!

Not a bad plan at all. I keep vacillating between thinking it will be a tight game, or the Rams blowing them out.

by AltiTude Ram
4 months 1 day ago
 Total posts:   2187  
United States of America   Denver
Pro Bowl

I see a lot of concern for the ST's. I agree that I'm not too confident in settling for a FG or even making extra points.

I will say there's no excuses this week. The Rams are playing in a Dome. No weather and no wind.

Make the kicks when given the opportunity. That and take care of the ball.

by RedAlice
4 months 19 hours ago
 Total posts:   6596  
United States of America   Dallas, Texas
Hall of Fame

LaPorta playing. Or at least suiting up.
Attachments
IMG_7291.jpeg

by norcalramfan
4 months 18 hours ago
 Total posts:   321  
Starter

I don't see LaPorta being a factor. Saw a short video of him working out during practice this week with a heavy brace. Looked like he was severely limited with no twitch speed and he was favoring his knee quite a lot. This is a Dam Campbell "smoke screen."

by ziggy
4 months 18 hours ago
 Total posts:   597  
Veteran

Don’t underestimate Campbell. He does things other coaches won’t. I suspect LaPorta will come in.

He’ll block and decoy. Yes.

But Campbell also likes the blocking—leaky TE play. So gotta watch him at the goal line.

• 9 / 12
119 posts May 16 2024