55 posts
  • 6 / 6
 by ramsrams
3 months 3 weeks ago
 Total posts:   1177  
Canada   Mississauga, ON
Pro Bowl

Anyone else like Kyren Williams in pass pro?

Sure, he ain’t Marshall Faulk back there ( who is? ) but he is very willing and largely effective.

For a guy his size, I’m very happy with him. Bet Stafford is too.

by rams1974
3 months 3 weeks ago
 Total posts:   514  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Veteran

PARAM wrote:I don't know......I thought the 99 CCG win was ugly as hell. 11 points? By one of the top offenses in NFL. And the last 6 didn't come until very late. But I enjoyed the result as much as the win over the Vikings. Ironically until 2021, we faced Tampa twice in the post season and scored a total of 20 points.....in 2 wins. Then scored 30 in 1 game for the win.

That occurred to me too but I think the 99 NFCC was generally very good football, two heavyweights going the distance. The safety aside, the errors forced in that game were created by the opponent rather than say, that complete biff of the 2-pt try, missed PATs, etc.

by PARAM
3 months 3 weeks ago
 Total posts:   12270  
Barbados   Just far enough North of Philadelphia
Hall of Fame

rams1974 wrote:That occurred to me too but I think the 99 NFCC was generally very good football, two heavyweights going the distance. The safety aside, the errors forced in that game were created by the opponent rather than say, that complete biff of the 2-pt try, missed PATs, etc.

I think time may have smoothed over the rough edges of that game. Just 309 yards on offense by TGSOT who averaged 400 on the year? Just 9 points for an offense who averaged 27.8? 3 turnovers? And a call at the end* that helped preserve the squeaky win. *It was the right call but the blowback forced the NFL to alter the rules for a legal catch. Had the current rule been in place at that time, they would have had the ball in the red zone with 51 seconds remaining. But it wasn't. Much like, had the Giants scored the 2 pt conversion or made the final FG attempt, they would have won. But they didn't. :D

by max
3 months 3 weeks ago
 Total posts:   5583  
United States of America   Sarasota, FL
Hall of Fame

PARAM wrote:Much like, had the Giants scored the 2 pt conversion or made the final FG attempt, they would have won. But they didn't. :D

Exactly! Good teams win games like that all the time.

I remember the Steelers winning games like that in the 70’s consistently.

Good teams will always have off performances, yet still win.

Even with all the gaffes, we were better than the Giants. And we won. Next up Niners.

• 6 / 6
55 posts Apr 29 2024