38 posts
  • 2 / 4
 by ramsman34
8 months 4 days ago
 Total posts:   8637  
United States of America   Back in LA baby!

Will0120 wrote:
Loved his performance and the scary part is that you can tell he still has plenty to grow with his earlier out of sync routes and couple drops.

However, as happy as I am for Puka, I am slightly concerned about him holding up over the course of the season. I know he is a fairly large body receiver but I really didn't think he was gonna get up after a couple hits yesterday. I hope he understands that it's a long season and learns to avoid big hits and such going forward.

Great game Puka! 8-)

This is why having Kupp back is so important and in the interim, Van Jeff getting more targets and making more catches. I think you will see Higs and Hopkins more involved this week and until Kupp is back, depending on opponent matchups, of course.

by Hacksaw
8 months 4 days ago
 Total posts:   24523  
United States of America   AT THE BEACH

Agreed @Will0120 . Puka looked like he was face down in pain at the end of about every play. Catching his breath? Gathering himself? Low threshold for pain? Or nothing?

by ziggy
8 months 4 days ago
 Total posts:   597  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Veteran

He’s a rook. The fact he got back in and played the same says a lot.

Plus they can and should change his pads layout. Might help.

by TomSlick
8 months 3 days ago
 Total posts:   2908  
Italy   Many of us know the feeling of the universe conspiring to bring car and driver together.
Superstar

Hacksaw wrote:Puka looked like he was face down in pain at the end of about every play. Catching his breath? Gathering himself?

He was girding his loins.

by safer
8 months 3 days ago
 Total posts:   1279  
Pro Bowl

FWIW--Puka is exactly the same height and only 2 pounds less than Cooper.

by BobCarl
8 months 3 days ago
 Total posts:   4324  
Superstar

Hacksaw wrote:Puka looked like he was face down in pain at the end of about every play.
Maybe it was his first game in the NFL ... shell shock? ... physically nothing like it. in the NFL the next-day recovery program for each player is as important if not more important than strength training.

The speed of the game, the speed of the passes, the sounds ringing in his ears, and the physicality of the defenders are nothing that his body has ever experienced.

I know a WR from a small college that was invited to the combine, he said after his first hit, he got up and packed his bags and went home. He wanted none of that.

by Hacksaw
8 months 2 hours ago
 Total posts:   24523  
United States of America   AT THE BEACH

Rams receiver Puka Nacua 'ready to go' vs. 49ers, Sean McVay says - ESPN

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/384 ... mcvay-says

by JackPMiller
7 months 3 weeks ago
 Total posts:   2729  
Superstar

Here is something to think about, if Puka does somehow win Rookie of the Year, he will be the first player, since Don Woods, of the San Diego Chargers, in 1974, to win the award, that came from a player that was drafted 5th round or higher.

by BobCarl
7 months 3 weeks ago
 Total posts:   4324  
Superstar

JackPMiller wrote:Just needed to throw that in.
too bad you didn't say that before he already proved it in a NFL

Game...Though I said it about Cooper before his first NFL game.

by Zen_Ronin
7 months 3 weeks ago
 Total posts:   2051  
Canada   Edmonton, AB
Pro Bowl

• 2 / 4
38 posts May 16 2024