194 posts
  • 19 / 20
 by ramsman34
8 months 3 days ago
 Total posts:   8637  
United States of America   Back in LA baby!

ramman2999 wrote:Gotta give props to Sneed.

This draft he focused on speed and athleticism.

Bryan Young Turner Kolby Turner Puka Nakua. Just fabulous.

Add that to the other drafts Colby Durant Kendrick Deraion Kendrick.

And then the first pick Avila the stud from TCU. What I like is he’s a tone setter. Nothing about last year. It’s all this season. We are nasty and we don’t mind being physical.

Sneed wanted to focus on Stafford so we could really see what he can do with an offensive line. Not sexy but smart.

We might have our Creed Humphrey In Avila.

I like looking at our team and saying you know what it’s a young league. We gotta get younger. Tear this shit down. He wasn’t stubborn. We won our super bowl but we look fresher. And I’ve seen that look on Aaron Donald before.

Creed Humphrey doesn’t catch 40 yards bombs. But Tutu does. I like Avila better than Creed anyway. He’s a big nasty dude that won’t be taking any of that dirty whiner shit they are sure to try to serve up. I hope he and the rest of the OL destroy their D front.

by Zen_Ronin
8 months 3 days ago
 Total posts:   2051  
Canada   Edmonton, AB
Pro Bowl

Rich Eisen absolutely showed us some love today. Multiple times throughout the show actually.

by ramman2999
8 months 3 days ago
 Total posts:   572  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Veteran

Just a great team win.

Stafford

Donald

They all put out and bought it.

This team can be great cause of Stafford. I still like Akers.

But can’t give up on Aaron Donald he’s such a force. Fans were talking about retirement he looks better then ever.

These guys fly around the ball. And Higbee can get going. I think we can take it to the Niners. I’m looking forward to watching Puka vs Hufanga.

by Hacksaw
8 months 3 days ago
 Total posts:   24523  
United States of America   AT THE BEACH

Our new shiney 2023 Rams.

Snead did good. So did the guys he selected.

20230911_232825.jpg

20230911_232804.jpg

by TomSlick
8 months 3 days ago
 Total posts:   2908  
Italy   Many of us know the feeling of the universe conspiring to bring car and driver together.
Superstar

Was sitting in the Kalispell, Montana airport while the game was on waiting for our flight to Seattle. It was nice to follow the game while waiting 5 hours for our plane. Game over, RAMS win, YAY! Then off to Seattle. Many Seattle fans wearing their shirts at the Seattle airport, folks coming from far way to watch their team. Many then boarded our plane to San Jose. I walked around the Seattle airport and saw zero RAM people. I guess RAM fans aren't quite on the travel to other stadiums in numbers, yet.

by Joe Pendleton
8 months 3 days ago
 Total posts:   1843  
Virgin Islands (USA)   LA Coliseum
Pro Bowl

great vid clip @Zen_Ronin .. Rich is a huge fan:)

by Elvis
8 months 3 days ago
 Total posts:   38757  
United States of America   Los Angeles
Administrator

This is from longtime RRF and RFU member Ramzee:

I've been busy for a few days but I got time now. If you missed the Rams game on Sunday, this is a scouting report for anyone playing the Rams anytime soon. Here's what you missed.

Stafford is playing at playoff level at week one. Not everyone does that. He did that. Haters and doubters beware. Week two is going to be fun.

The play calling is still very vanilla. I was teaching my 9 yo how to tell what play the Rams were running before they ran it. Sanchez knew the playbook, too. Yet despite that, they still put points up on the board on Sunday.

What this does. It leads to a lot of low yield plays or wasted plays in my opinion. You get those 0 yard runs. It's why you have a 7/7 drive on 3rd downs. It honestly makes some of the players look far worse than they are. Predictable play calling that is.

On the flip side, when you continue to be successful, making chunk plays when you need them, converting those 3rd downs (7/7) it also shows you are dangerous and deadly. Not to count you out. You can get what you need when you need it. That counts for something.

Williams looks like our 3rd down guy. He is kinda slippery. I'm a fan. I see a lot of runs getting blown up. I think it's more predictable play calling than it is bad blocking at this point. So good signs for the OL I suppose. Mix it up more?

Tutu is coming into his own in year three. Judging him just based off a few glimpses last year and what we're seeing this year, he will live up to that draft status.

People are going to re-learn to stop judging players by what they do in the first two years of their careers like we used to do.

With that said, I said Puka looked like a pro already back in camp. What I meant to say was that, Puka looks like a pro already!!! You love to see it.

The point here should be, the Rams can win and be productive without Kupp. With Kupp, going to be even better. This injury time will be spent making the team better on the whole. Scarier for opponents now.

The defense was nasty the second half. I'm not going to diminish what it means to have injuries on your OL. It can be devastating. The Rams didn't blitz much though and created a lot of pressure. I wouldn't say a lot of people had that on their bingo card but we were hopeful in guys like Young stepping up and they did.

I really like Ernest Jones. I think I have been saying that since we drafted him but I'm going to keep saying it. At this point he has played far better than his draft slot. It's nice to get good players outside of the top rounds.

Opposing wide receivers might also want to start doing their homework and learning these defensive backs names, if they haven't already. Still not a big fan of seeing DB's way off the LOS on short yardage plays unless you really fear a deep ball for some reason but overall you can't complain about that second half.

What happened to Witherspoon was uncalled for and it shouldn't go unnoticed. A blindside block on the play side is one thing but going through a players back is a penalty in all kinds of sports and not only that, just a plain shitty thing to do.

I hope I never see Hoecht out in zone or man coverage ever again. I find when you got things like that happening, it's less the system (except for the fact, you didn't try to help the guy at all, you just exposed him) but more of a personnel issue. Any 3-4 defense has this problem with EDGE guys in space but a lot of EDGE guys ain't OVER 300lbs. So let's fix who is on the field when we call those plays, eh. It was a choice.

Overall the Rams killed it on Sunday. They have tanked the tank for Caleb crowd though. Sorry boys! We still have a HoF QB on the roster that can win some rings so they should get him some more while they can.

Week two against the arch rival Niners is going to be interesting. This team was playing far better than a lot of people were anticipating going into the season.

by PARAM
8 months 2 days ago
 Total posts:   12293  
Barbados   Just far enough North of Philadelphia
Hall of Fame

Good stuff from Ramzee!! He's certainly not in the "OMG, we have the niners this week" crowd.

by Hacksaw
8 months 2 days ago
 Total posts:   24523  
United States of America   AT THE BEACH

Hags just signed 41 yr old LOT Jason Peters to help protect Geno.
Looks like our pass rush worried them..

• 19 / 20
194 posts May 16 2024