43 posts
  • 1 / 5
 by Elvis
10 months 1 day ago
 Total posts:   38757  
United States of America   Los Angeles
Administrator

Here's what we're gonna do: When Canuck wants to go off on one his tangents and/or rants against the front office, more power to him but we're gonna keep that mostly here from now on.

Starting with:

CanuckRightWinger wrote:An admittedly Personal Aside:
My first College Football catch was in late August, 1972, an AwayGame versus the York U. Yeomen.....a 15 yard down&out, and our QB Gerry Mayer, who was running for his life, hit me in full stride just a coupla yards before I went streaking outa bounds. Kalinic's AlmaMater, York U, beat us in that Exhibition Game.

So yeah, sportsfans.... that was indeed over half a friggin century ago! :shock2: :arrow2: :o

.....and guys are mystified why a 70 year old gets pissed-off at Rams braintrust for fuck-ups that lead to Ram Playoff-less years! :x

Here's a fact for Ram Fan millennials out there...
Guys who are of the 1950's vintage, who already suffered through TWO Ram Wilderness Decades, do NOT have a whole lot of wilderness decades of Ram Playoff-less seasons left in the tank, eh! :idea2:

And it's not like you can explain away LOGICALLY some of the shit that passes for Sound Management that the Demoff-Pastoors-Snead ThinkTank pull, eh!

Like how in fook do you put a frosting & sprinkles on that Allan Robinson $26 Million shit-cake waste of Stan Kroenke's money, huh??? Somebody make a silk purse outa that sow's ear for me, okay!!! :roll2:

We were into that questionable AR investment in 2022 for about $15 Mil of AR's 3-year $46.5 Mil contract......Stafford and AR never really connected, maybe because Stafford was always running for his life, and taking more hits than a piece of veal at Dominic's Black&Blue Emporium....plus AR himself also gets IR'd in 2022....
so now AR & Stafford are both back healthy for 2023......

and what do we do?
We friggin' dump AR to Pittsburgh for bupkus........and also eat $10 Mil of AR's $15 Mil 2023 Salary, so the Steelers get him for a net $5 Mil and a reunion with AR's ol' Bears QB buddy Matt Trabisky, now also in SteelTown.

Like how is the H-E-DoubleHockeySticks was that AR-Aquisition&Dump deal a smart move by Rams brass, huh?? :roll2:
Somebody explain it to me. :|

by rams1974
10 months 1 day ago
 Total posts:   514  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Veteran

I guess .. I actually don't read them, I admire the passion but it's a little too Beautiful Mind for my tastes. We can't just ask people to scroll past it if they feel it clutters things up too much? Maybe there is a rationale I'm missing ..

by Elvis
10 months 23 hours ago
Administrator

On some of the content:

I also lived through the two wilderness decades as a fan and it has made me all the more appreciative of the good times, including this Snead/McVay era we're currently in.

Allen Robinson, bad signing. But they happen. The Rams have made a lot of bad, or at least not great, moves during this run. Sammy Watkins for a 2, Brandin Cooks for a 1, big extensions for Cooks, Gurley and Goff which ended up having the Rams eat a lot of dead money while all three were playing for other teams. The Rams gave up a 2 for Marcus Peters and then sent him to Baltimore for close to nothing.

All these bad moves, all that dead cap the Rams ate culminated in winning the SB in 2021.

So i think, just maybe, it's the wrong metric to use when evaluating a front office or where you are in terms of wilderness decade or SB contender.

The Rams missed out on Von Miller, used that money instead for Allen Robinson and Bobby Wagner. Neither panned out.

Big whoop. Status quo for these Rams. They take a lot of swings. Some of them are misses...

by AltiTude Ram
10 months 19 hours ago
 Total posts:   2187  
United States of America   Denver
Pro Bowl

I'm going to leave this here. Mostly because I want to hear the Canuck's response to the newest Canadian on the Rams.

by PARAM
10 months 18 hours ago
 Total posts:   12292  
Barbados   Just far enough North of Philadelphia
Hall of Fame

Elvis wrote:On some of the content:

I also lived through the two wilderness decades as a fan....

Big whoop. Status quo for these Rams. They take a lot of swings. Some of them are misses...

Agree with EVERY word. Who hasn't been through wilderness decades if you've been a Ram fan all your long life? Hell, I remember when the pinnacle of Rams success during my lifetime was just making the Superbowl.

On that latter part, yes they do take A LOT of swings and though they don't all connect, as fans we should be glad they swing at all. Which has me amped over this draft class....14 swings. Nothing is sure but they are gonna hit on a few!!

by 69superbowl1
9 months 4 weeks ago
 Total posts:   29  
Undrafted Free Agent

I applaud the decision to give cranky old dude a sliver of personal Intranets space here. As a cranky old Ram fan, soon to be 63 years old - 56 of them as a dyed-blue-hearted Ram fan - I relate to such passionate public bloviating. I have read and written with Mr. Canuckles on other Los Ramos pages for many years. The bad years, and the blood pressure Defcon fucking red years. Now, the great to tolerable years. It's fun.

by BobCarl
9 months 3 weeks ago
 Total posts:   4324  
Superstar

Elvis wrote:When Canuck wants to go off on one his tangents and/or rants against the front office, more power to him but we're gonna "keep that mostly here"

Are you saying you are going to merge all of his threads into the end of one thread? Please clarify.

by Elvis
9 months 3 weeks ago
Administrator

BobCarl wrote:Are you saying you are going to merge all of his threads into the end of one thread? Please clarify.

This is a going forward deal. If a thread seems to be going too far off topic, this is where i'll move said post or posts.

I think it's also a good place to discuss the stuff Canuck wrote about in the OP which he originally posted in our thread for keeping track of Rams roster moves...

by ramsrams
9 months 3 weeks ago
 Total posts:   1179  
Canada   Mississauga, ON
Pro Bowl

Well, I am definitely not a “Beautiful Mind”.

Yet, he is my buddy.

Perhaps too logical at times, perhaps too serious at times, perhaps to flippant at times, I usually know what I am talking about. If that sounds egotistical, yeah, it is.

I am trying to understand this.

The post in question starts that it is “admittedly personal” and then talks about growing old.

Guilty as charged if poetic license is now somehow a crime that deserves segregation, and I dare say many others here as well.

The rest of his post is about a roster move the Rams made with Robinson.

Granted in his inimitable style.

Hey, I read a lot of shit on this and other forums, I don’t bitch about it, I digest it and move on. It does not take away my enjoyment from reading others’ perspectives.

My take.

by Elvis
9 months 3 weeks ago
Administrator

The post was wildly off topic. I moved it. I didn't censor or delete it. It's all right here in this thread for anyone to read or comment on.

We keep track of and talk about current moves in Rams Roster Moves.

He went on one of his classic rants that was likely to derail the thread further.

I moved it.

It's not complicated, or a big deal...

• 1 / 5
43 posts May 15 2024