25 posts
  • 1 / 3
 by AvengerRam
11 months 1 week ago
 Total posts:   8686  
Israel   Lake Mary, Florida
Hall of Fame

No real fan advocates for tanking.

I don't care if there is a prospect who looks like a combination of Tom Brady, Joe Montana and Bo Jackson. I don't care if the team is entering a season in which there is no reasonable hope of contending.

Tanking is not a thing.

Period.

Scratch that...exclamation point.

by CanuckRightWinger
11 months 1 week ago
 Total posts:   2777  
Canada   VANCOUVER, BC
Superstar

ME: May I Re-Direct, your Honor?

JUDGE: Go ahead, but make it brief.

ME: Just for clarification your Honor....I assume our friend from Florida is talking about INTENTIONAL TANKING, correct??
He's not talking about other types of tanking....
for example, ACCIDENTAL TANKING, where maybe the Rams start Joe Noteboom at LT, and he gets beat clean in the 2023 Season Opener on a speed bullrush move, and the Rams 35 year old Franchise QB (who is coming off a 2022 spinal cord injury) gets re-injured and is IR'd for 2023, and is replaced by a 26 year old rookie, right?? He's NOT talking about that type of Accidental Tanking, correct?
Again.....just seeking some clarification here. :|

by AvengerRam
11 months 1 week ago
 Total posts:   8686  
Israel   Lake Mary, Florida
Hall of Fame

CanuckRightWinger wrote:ME: May I Re-Direct, your Honor?

JUDGE: Go ahead, but make it brief.

ME: Just for clarification your Honor....I assume our friend from Florida is talking about INTENTIONAL TANKING, correct??
He's not talking about other types of tanking....
for example, ACCIDENTAL TANKING, where maybe the Rams start Joe Noteboom at LT, and he gets beat clean in the 2023 Season Opener on a speed bullrush move, and the Rams 35 year old Franchise QB (who is coming off a 2022 spinal cord injury) gets re-injured and is IR'd for 2023, and is replaced by a 26 year old rookie, right?? He's NOT talking about that type of Accidental Tanking, correct?
Again.....just seeking some clarification here. :|

To go with your metaphor...

Think of tanking as a tort.

Like battery or defamation, it is, indeed, an intentional tort. If you want a definition, think of it as "the execution of a plan of deliberate acts or omissions calculated to lead to losses, for the purpose of obtaining a higher draft pick."

What you describe, could, I suppose, fall into another category of torts: negligence. If losing your franchise QB is deemed to be the foreseeable consequence of starting Noteboom at LT, such that it violates a standard of reasonable care, then I guess you could call that negligent.

Its still not tanking, though. Tanking is an intentional tort.

by ramsman34
11 months 1 week ago
 Total posts:   8637  
United States of America   Back in LA baby!

Teams don’t tank coaches don’t tank. Players don’t tank. Owners?? As that Ass Clown in Miami. He tried. The team wouldn’t let it happen.

Jobs, careers, salaries, care for family are all always on the line. Careers can be very short.

Tanking is a myth.

by Hacksaw
11 months 1 week ago
 Total posts:   24523  
United States of America   AT THE BEACH

AvengerRam wrote:No real fan advocates for tanking.

I don't care if there is a prospect who looks like a combination of Tom Brady, Joe Montana and Bo Jackson. I don't care if the team is entering a season in which there is no reasonable hope of contending.

Tanking is not a thing.

Period.

Scratch that...exclamation point.

100% solid take.

by Rams1PlateSince1976
11 months 1 week ago
 Total posts:   2092  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Pro Bowl

Major League (the movie) was probably spot on when it comes to "tanking". The owner was for it but not the players or coaches.

In a related note to tanking, the print edition of The Epoch Times now carries the cartoon Tank McNamara!

by snackdaddy
11 months 1 week ago
 Total posts:   9689  
United States of America   Merced California
Hall of Fame

What if its week 18 and a loss gives you the number one pick? And a loss also keeps the 49ers out of the playoffs. Talk about testing fan loyalty. :shock2: 8-)

• 1 / 3
25 posts May 16 2024