44 posts
  • 3 / 5
 by actionjack
1 year 1 month ago
 Total posts:   4036  
United States of America   Sactown
Superstar

Hacksaw wrote:I think they knew what they're doing but the injuries exposed the threadbaron roster they had behind the starters. This forced a change.

Since the team and the fans became desensitized last year maybe they think this is the best time to do it.

It can't get no worse.
John Lennon.

Agreed, but the Rams also had historic injuries to the o-line, we will probably never see that happen again, at least i hope not.

O-line goes down, Stafford goes down due to o-line, Kupp goes down due to Stafford being out etc etc ....

by 69superbowl1
1 year 1 month ago
 Total posts:   29  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Undrafted Free Agent

Dignity. Hard play. Good character. Good uniforms and helmets. Competent management. I've been a fan of sports teams (Rams, Dodgers, Knicks, Bruins) for well over 50 years. Winning comes and goes. Dignity matters.

by PARAM
1 year 1 month ago
 Total posts:   12293  
Barbados   Just far enough North of Philadelphia
Hall of Fame

What I believe is however bad we felt about (and during) 2022, our coach took it even harder. By a lot. Based on that, I can't believe we are going to suck in 2023. He will not allow it.

by actionjack
1 year 1 month ago
Superstar

PARAM wrote:What I believe is however bad we felt about (and during) 2022, our coach took it even harder. By a lot. Based on that, I can't believe we are going to suck in 2023. He will not allow it.

There does seem to be a renewed vigor by McVay and by extension his staff. There will be more energy with several new coaches, I am curious to see how it plays out. The players should be much more hungry after last season's debacle.

The Rams need to hit on those 3 early picks, EDGE, CB and offensive player. Hopefully we can find some cheap vets to help the DL.

by snackdaddy
1 year 1 month ago
 Total posts:   9689  
United States of America   Merced California
Hall of Fame

There's more than one way to look at it. We lost 12 games last year and a number of starters on the defense. Does that make us worse? Or maybe if those guys were a part of a 12 loss team it was time for a change? After all, most those guys could only manage a one year deal with their new team. Did we overvalue them?

On the offensive side the line is mostly returning intact except for David Edwards. Same starting quarterback. One of the starting running backs. Starting tight end. Same receivers. But it was an offense that had trouble scoring more than 16 points. Should there have been changes there too?

My hope is that the offense stays relatively healthy and improves. If they can get back to averaging over 25 points per game I can see them challenging for a playoff spot. But that is a big if when you consider we might have too many injury prone players.

by bremillard
1 year 1 month ago
 Total posts:   625  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Veteran

Draft Kings have the Rams projected win total at 7.5. ESPN's Mike Clay has them number 31 at 6.2 with only the Commanders lower at 5.8. Travis Rogers believes the shortest road back to the top is to start at the bottom with Caleb Williams. I agree.

by rams74
1 year 1 month ago
 Total posts:   1492  
Italy   Glendale, Arizona
Pro Bowl

bremillard wrote:Draft Kings have the Rams projected win total at 7.5. ESPN's Mike Clay has them number 31 at 6.2 with only the Commanders lower at 5.8. Travis Rogers believes the shortest road back to the top is to start at the bottom with Caleb Williams. I agree.

1. There's no guarantee that you will get Caleb Williams.
2. There's no guarantee that Caleb Williams will be Patrick Mahomes in the NFL. He could turn out to be Matt Leinart.

by PARAM
1 year 1 month ago
 Total posts:   12293  
Barbados   Just far enough North of Philadelphia
Hall of Fame

rams74 wrote:1. There's no guarantee that you will get Caleb Williams.
2. There's no guarantee that Caleb Williams will be Patrick Mahomes in the NFL. He could turn out to be Matt Leinart.

Quite right. I haven't heard this much hype for a college QB since Jemarcus Russell!! I like Williams. I think he's a dynamic college QB. I think he's got a good chance to be a good NFL QB. But much like James Franklin said about Aaron Donald ruining college DTs (partly in jest of course), perhaps Mahomes is ruining it for college QBs? The "next" Patrick Mahomes!!! I wonder how many we go through before we find him, if ever.

But those thinking (or hoping) we're gonna go 4-13 or 5-12 and get C.Williams, I'm not gonna feel sorry for them one bit. I'm gonna laugh.

by Hacksaw
1 year 1 month ago
 Total posts:   24523  
United States of America   AT THE BEACH

Not gonna happen.

by actionjack
1 year 1 month ago
Superstar

I mean, I dont think it is knowable how many wins we get next year. Who had us winning 5 games last year?? Obviously injuries are the ultimate unknown. Imo this team could win 4 games or it could top out at 9-10 wins with an amazing draft, great coaching and a finding some left over vets that produce.

I really hope we win more as I dont want to cut my football season short and be thinking draft come midseason.

• 3 / 5
44 posts May 16 2024