258 posts
  • 11 / 26
 by CanuckRightWinger
1 year 2 weeks ago
 Total posts:   2777  
Canada   VANCOUVER, BC
Superstar

Kentucky phenom QB Will Levis was rumored to go Number One????
No kiddin'. :lol2:

You mean, like UCLA phenom QB Josh Rosen was rumored to go Number One just a few short seasons ago?? In fact, Rosen made a big point about "taking names & numbers on the 9 NFL Teams that past on me before Arizona picked me!"

Where's Josh Rosen now??? Selling used Saturn Aura's at Luigi's Car Emporium???!! :P

ME: Everybody just chill on this 'Levis is Brady' stuff!! ;)

by Elvis
1 year 2 weeks ago
 Total posts:   38757  
United States of America   Los Angeles
Administrator

Mortensen says some teams are concerned with Levis' toe. Others are saying he's going where his tape always showed he should go.

Do the Rams want him, or Hooker? How long do they think Stafford will be playing at a high level?

As always, a lot of unknowns.

We know the names that have been associated with the Rams but we also know the Rams sometimes make picks no one sees coming so, again, could go a lot of ways...

by 69superbowl1
1 year 2 weeks ago
 Total posts:   29  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Undrafted Free Agent

Watching the Ram first pick in the 2nd round will be like watching a Frank Corral potential game winning field goal. One eye closed, the other squinting at the anticipated pain. Pick an (deleted the profane word I was going to use) offensive lineman or impactful in-his-first-year defensive player. Not the time to screw around with 150 pound receivers or marginal QBs with lingering injuries. The cupboard is bare. Let's be normal for once.

by St. Loser Fan
1 year 2 weeks ago
 Total posts:   10554  
United States of America   Saint Louis MO
Hall of Fame

by Elvis
1 year 2 weeks ago
Administrator

Missed this yesterday, some good stuff but ultimately nothing to tell us what's gonna happen today. Snead and McVay were in the war room most of round 1 telling Jourdan, trading up was a real possibility if things fell right...

The well-appointed house itself is an open forum. Coaches, scouts from all over the country, consultants, executives, in-house media and content creators have an open rein (and open bar). A digital board tips the picks and the trades as they are filed with the league office.

Some rules exist: Don’t tip picks yourself, specific and frankly very insightful conversations are on background, don’t make eye contact with the actual Rams big board upstairs (this is a joke, sort of).

But one clue that a chance existed that the Rams, who pick at No. 36 on Friday as things currently stand, could mull a trade into the first round was that McVay and Snead stayed upstairs the entire first round, instead of chopping it up with their staff on the ground floor as they did in 2022. By the time the rest of the world was watching pick No. 23 on TV, they had just about all the intel on the rest of the round that they needed to decide — between their own calls and texts and their upstairs edition of the NFL filing board (this information comes way ahead of what most people watch on their broadcasts).

by rams1974
1 year 2 weeks ago
 Total posts:   514  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Veteran

I don't understand the new splash pic, my understanding is the Rams have no draft picks

Please advise

by Elvis
1 year 2 weeks ago
Administrator

rams1974 wrote:I don't understand the new splash pic, my understanding is the Rams have no draft picks

Please advise

If i was the Rams the Rams, i'd trade all of the 2023 picks for 2024 and later since everyone knows they're taking a gap year...

• 11 / 26
258 posts May 16 2024