425 posts
  • 27 / 43
 by PARAM
2 years 3 months ago
 Total posts:   12292  
Barbados   Just far enough North of Philadelphia
Hall of Fame

We all remember SB36. Prior to the game, there's a shot of Ricky Proehl saying, "there's a dynasty being born tonight" and he was right. Except it wasn't the Rams. There is no bravado from the Rams side prior to this game. It's all about the Bengals. The young Joe Cool changing fortunes practically overnight. There are some similarities. It appears they think they are going to begin that special dynasty tonight. Burrow, Chase, Taylor, etc. And yet with the Rams, there is no such talk. The 7th youngest team to start the season with a veteran 33 year old QB. He's got at least 5 years left, maybe more. The Rams seem to be approaching this SB in a very business-like fashion. It's not about the previous 20 games and it's not about the next 21 games. It's all about tonight. I like it. Yeah, a dynasty could be born tonight and would it surprise anybody if it wasn't the Bengals? I would love it if the Rams forgo the individual introductions and come out as a team tonight.

by St. Loser Fan
2 years 3 months ago
 Total posts:   10554  
United States of America   Saint Louis MO
Hall of Fame

PARAM wrote:I hope part of McVay's film study was SB53.

First 6 possessions, 3 and out, 5 plays, 3 and out, 5 plays, 3 and out, 3 and out....halftime. 22 plays 71 yards. I don't suppose we'll even remotely resemble that performance!!!!

I was thinking the Rams are going to run the ball a lot but I heard one talking head say, "I think McVay is going to come out throwing. That's why they got Stafford. He want's to build a 14 point lead before going to the run game."

Perhaps he doesn't want to fall into that "conservative" trap? I'm all for whatever gets us a lead. Like all of the postseason games, I expect our defense is going to have to play a huge part in any win.

My concern is not McVay studying enough or doing good tape analysis: he’s shown to be among the best in that. My ongoing concern is about McVay adjusting in-game

by PARAM
2 years 3 months ago
 Total posts:   12292  
Barbados   Just far enough North of Philadelphia
Hall of Fame

St. Loser Fan wrote:My concern is not McVay studying enough or doing good tape analysis: he’s shown to be among the best in that. My ongoing concern is about McVay adjusting in-game

It's weird. Almost surreal. But I don't have any concerns. Taking nothing away from the Bengals and their ascension through the playoffs, I think the Rams are the better team. Clearly. I think they're focused, determined and primed to show everybody just how good they can be. They began the playoffs in that fashion and I believe now that we're here, they will end the playoffs in that fashion. It's the wait that's killing me.

by snackdaddy
2 years 3 months ago
 Total posts:   9689  
United States of America   Merced California
Hall of Fame

Less than 3 hours to game time! I gotta be on my game if we're to win this one. My team needs me to be. So I also broke out the Dodger jersey for extra LA luck.

by AvengerRam
2 years 3 months ago
 Total posts:   8686  
Israel   Lake Mary, Florida
Hall of Fame

F3ED8A86-4CB9-43A5-B59D-64E5720967BA.jpeg

Ready for battle!!!!

LET’S GO RAMS!!!!!

by Horny Mcbae
2 years 3 months ago
 Total posts:   1543  
United States of America   South Bay, Los Angeles
Pro Bowl

Hey guys, anything going on today?

by St. Loser Fan
2 years 3 months ago
 Total posts:   10554  
United States of America   Saint Louis MO
Hall of Fame

PARAM wrote:It's weird. Almost surreal. But I don't have any concerns. Taking nothing away from the Bengals and their ascension through the playoffs, I think the Rams are the better team. Clearly. I think they're focused, determined and primed to show everybody just how good they can be. They began the playoffs in that fashion and I believe now that we're here, they will end the playoffs in that fashion. It's the wait that's killing me.

It’s fine to be positive and think the Rams will crush the Bengals. But you can’t ignore the times this year (and others) where McVay stands there, mouth agape because by some miracle the other team is doing something he didn’t foresee.

by 69RamFan
2 years 3 months ago
 Total posts:   3212  
United States of America   LA CA by way of NY/NJ
Superstar

Below are the inactives for both teams:

LOS ANGELES RAMS

QB Bryce Perkins

RB Jake Funk

OLB Chris Garrett

OLB Terrell Lewis

OL Tremayne Anchrum Jr.