74 posts
  • 1 / 8
 by ramsman34
2 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   8516  
United States of America   Back in LA baby!

If they don’t start Goff next week I know at least 2 people who will be supremely pissed - me and Aaron Donald.

by Indrid Cold
2 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   863  
United States of America   Redington Beach, FL
Veteran

Not defending Goff at all, he sucks. But Campbell seems like a fraud to me. All the tough guy talk all preseason. In Week 4, he has a chance to really go for a win and coach the way he talks, and he wimps out. Instead going for TD with a 1st and 10 at the 14-yeard line to greatly increase win probability, he slams into the line 3 times to force Baltimore timeouts, kicks a FG to go up 1, and leaves 1:08 on the clock anyway...which led to the record kick to win it.

1st & 10 at BAL 14
(2:00 - 4th) (Shotgun) D.Swift left tackle to BLT 14 for no gain (P.McPhee).
(1:57 - 4th) Timeout #2 by BLT at 01:57.
2nd & 10 at BAL 14
(1:57 - 4th) W.Holden reported in as eligible. J.Williams right tackle to BLT 13 for 1 yard (C.Clark; T.Bowser).
(1:52 - 4th) Timeout #3 by BLT at 01:52.
3rd & 9 at BAL 13
(1:52 - 4th) J.Williams right tackle to BLT 17 for -4 yards (B.Stephens; B.Washington).
(1:08 - 4th) Timeout #2 by DET at 01:08.

Then, in Week 5, when they lose on a last play FG again, he cries through his post-game press conference.

by aeneas1
2 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   16894  
United States of America   Norcal
Hall of Fame

Indrid Cold wrote:Not defending Goff at all, he sucks. But Campbell seems like a fraud to me. All the tough guy talk all preseason. In Week 4, he has a chance to really go for a win and coach the way he talks, and he wimps out. Instead going for TD with a 1st and 10 at the 14-yeard line to greatly increase win probability, he slams into the line 3 times to force Baltimore timeouts, kicks a FG to go up 1, and leaves 1:08 on the clock anyway...which led to the record kick to win it.

1st & 10 at BAL 14
(2:00 - 4th) (Shotgun) D.Swift left tackle to BLT 14 for no gain (P.McPhee).
(1:57 - 4th) Timeout #2 by BLT at 01:57.
2nd & 10 at BAL 14
(1:57 - 4th) W.Holden reported in as eligible. J.Williams right tackle to BLT 13 for 1 yard (C.Clark; T.Bowser).
(1:52 - 4th) Timeout #3 by BLT at 01:52.
3rd & 9 at BAL 13
(1:52 - 4th) J.Williams right tackle to BLT 17 for -4 yards (B.Stephens; B.Washington).
(1:08 - 4th) Timeout #2 by DET at 01:08.

Then, in Week 5, when they lose on a last play FG again, he cries through his post-game press conference.

yeah, i posted pretty much the same when the lions hired the dude, struck me as nothing but a blowhard, there was a reason almost every "expert" picked the jags and lions to be picking at the top in the 2022 draft... goff? 38 passing yards in the first half this weekend, good grief, the lions are a train wreck, and they were a train wreck even before their starting receivers and olinemen dropped like flies.

goff could very well follow bradford at this rate, 2 rams first overall qb picks who got benched after being dealt to other teams, then quietly were out of the nfl.

by BobCarl
2 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   4295  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Superstar

I'm glad the Rams got rid of this guy... I have ZERO patience for a QB that throws it away on 4th down.

On a third-and-4 from the Cincinnati 38 ... tight end T.J. Hockenson running a wheel route ... toward the sideline, wide open. And Goff missed him.

It only got worse on the next play.

Lions coach Dan Campbell opted to go for it on fourth-and-4, ... Left tackle Penei Sewell took a holding penalty to keep Goff from being clobbered. Goff, having seen the flag, rolled to his left and threw the ball away, calculating as he went that Cincinnati would accept that penalty and Detroit would punt.

Except … that’s not how it works. The Bengals, of course, declined the 10-yard infraction and took over possession.

I had a complete lapse of judgment of, ‘OK, they’re gonna bring this ball back,’” Goff said after the Lions’ humiliating 34-11 loss to the Bengals. “… That was on me. Just kinda thinking through that one the wrong way.”

https://theathletic.com/2895680/2021/10 ... m-in-2022/

by PARAM
2 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   12239  
Barbados   Just far enough North of Philadelphia
Hall of Fame

Indrid Cold wrote:Not defending Goff at all, he sucks. But Campbell seems like a fraud to me.

What's the over/under on his head coaching career in Detroit? 2.5? I'll take the under.

by AvengerRam
2 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   8686  
Israel   Lake Mary, Florida
Hall of Fame

Great way to build up you QB's confidence the week before he plays his old team. :?

by actionjack
2 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   3934  
United States of America   Sactown
Superstar

BobCarl wrote:I'm glad the Rams got rid of this guy... I have ZERO patience for a QB that throws it away on 4th down.

https://theathletic.com/2895680/2021/10 ... m-in-2022/

As much as I loved Goff, Im not sure he is the sharpest thinker on the field. You cant do that.

by max
2 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   5580  
United States of America   Sarasota, FL
Hall of Fame

Couple of takeaways for me.

All those posters defending Goff last year hopefully now see the light. There were actually knowledgable posters saying Goff just needed another year.

And then there were posters who were saying Goff was over his turnover issues cause he didnt turn the ball over the last 2 games.

Its a slippery slope when you get so attached to a Rams player that you can't honestly evaluate his shortcomings.

• 1 / 8
74 posts Apr 16 2024