Pro Bowl

so cool!

by PARAM
2 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   12244  
Barbados   Just far enough North of Philadelphia
Hall of Fame

From NYPost 10/14

Daniel Jones is one step away from returning to the Giants.

Head coach Joe Judge told Los Angeles-based media that Jones will participate in non-contact practice Thursday, according to reports. That is in line with Step 4 of the five-step NFL protocol for returning from a concussion.

There is no established timeline for progressing from one step to the next because all concussions vary on severity of symptoms, but Jones now would only need to gain clearance from an independent neurologist to play Sunday against the Rams.

“He seems like he is doing fine,” offensive coordinator Jason Garrett said at the Giants facility before practice, at around the same time Judge was speaking with reporters who cover the Rams. “He seems like himself, so we’ll just do it day-by-day.”

The Giants now are walking a fine line between using Jones as a runner – a big-play generator for their offense – and worrying about his safety. But it doesn’t sound like Garrett will be changing his play-calling.

“We would never put a player back out there if he wasn’t healthy enough to play,” Garrett said. “Certainly in a situation with a concussion, we wouldn’t do that as an organization, as a coaching staff. We care too much about these guys to put them in situations where they weren’t right. So, if he’s back and ready to go, we’re going to play football and ask him to do what we need to do.” Garrett said. “Certainly in a situation with a concussion, we wouldn’t do that as an organization, as a coaching staff. We care too much about these guys to put them in situations where they weren’t right. So, if he’s back and ready to go, we’re going to play football and ask him to do what we need to do.”

I really have to question this protocol if he plays. Nobody who is drooling and staggering his way back to the huddle should be cleared to play 7 days later. Not that I'm concerned the Giants are better with DJ, they are. But I don't think they beat us whether he plays or not. I just don't think it's a good idea to play him, given the NFL's history with concussions.

As far as this line from Garrett...“We would never put a player back out there if he wasn’t healthy enough to play,” I call BS. Reminds me of that old insincere line, "I promise I won't....". They might not put a player out there but a quarterback? Fo sure!!! They're 1-4 and desperate because if they lose Sunday, you can stick a fork in them. The NFC East isn't going to be won with a 7-9 record this year.

by 69RamFan
2 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   3176  
United States of America   LA CA by way of NY/NJ
Superstar

by Hacksaw
2 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   24523  
United States of America   AT THE BEACH

QFTOS: RAMS @ GIANTS, Pre Game Edition; CONTINUED..........

How much do we lose by on Sunday?

The answer to that question is a solid 20 points unless they manage to score a meaningless TD late in the 4th quarter when the game is out of hand. Either way, that 10 point spread is not enough.

One thing to keep in mind is that Rams have had extra time to prepare. Not that they necessarily need it against a team like us, but just in terms of resting, recovery, west coast to east coast travel, etc, that extra three days is helpful. I think our chances of even losing this game by one score are very low. The Rams are simply much more talented and much better coached than we are.

The McVay-led Rams have slaughtered us on this field before.

Hopefully McVay got out revenge for his Grandfather a few years back and takes mercy on the Giants Sunday.

I am predicting Rams A lot, Giants A little. This could easily be a 30-point blowout.

30-13 Rams

Without changes in the way the Giants D plays, the 20 points spread might be too low, 41-14 Rams...

LA Rams - 41
NY Giants - 13
I also expect Stafford/Woods/Higbee to win my fantasy week also!

No better time to make a stand than against a team like the Rams.

Unfortunately this week is just looking next to impossible.

They are everything that we are not. Talented, well coached, successful. I am not sure if my stomach can take another round of humiliation. I am already dreading this coming Sunday.

It looks like were gonna get our ass kicked. Why wouldn't anybody think that.

No game for me. I’m not getting my blood pressure up.

The Rams are going to destroy the Giants. I love the Giants just as much as any other true Giants fan. But this weekend does not setup well for our G-Men.

I don't know how anyone could possibly feel good about this game.

who in their right mind would like our chances?

Im going to watch. Like i slow down for car accidents, i cant look away.

I'm glad I'm not alone with my pessimism.

GO RAMS !!!

by Joe Pendleton
2 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   1843  
Virgin Islands (USA)   LA Coliseum
Pro Bowl

Love that sh** Hack!

• 4 / 10
95 posts Apr 19 2024