171 posts
  • 11 / 18
 by PARAM
2 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   12244  
Barbados   Just far enough North of Philadelphia
Hall of Fame

snackdaddy wrote:Maybe he thought he was untouchable and didn't expect repercussions? If so, that would be extremely arrogant.

Doesn't that seem like Gruden in a nutshell? It does to me. I remember his years in Philly (did you watch that video I posted from that era?). He was cocky beyond what a 1st time OC would be. He had an arrogant attitude and rubbed some people the wrong way. Then he became a successful head coach (maybe because of that persona or in spite of it). Got hired and was paid millions on TV (also the time he sent those e-mails). Got another HC job with his beloved Raiders and got a huge contract. Of course he thought he was untouchable.

@UtahRam......can people change? Certainly they can but it either takes an epiphany or a life lesson. What are the chances somebody is like that, has been super successful, earning millions upon millions both in the game and talking about the game then suddenly decides out of the blue, "oh this is all wrong, I have to change"? Yeah, right! Anyhow, giving the benefit of doubt, I'd like to know what major event occured in his life that changed his views on blacks, gays and women because whatever it was, we need to bottle it and pass it around among a lot of white men. :arrow2: :idea2:

by St. Loser Fan
2 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   10511  
United States of America   Saint Louis MO
Hall of Fame

Do you even lift, bro?

by UtahRam
2 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   362  
United States of America   Salt Lake City
Starter

PARAM wrote:@UtahRam......can people change? Certainly they can but it either takes an epiphany or a life lesson. What are the chances somebody is like that, has been super successful, earning millions upon millions both in the game and talking about the game then suddenly decides out of the blue, "oh this is all wrong, I have to change"? Yeah, right! Anyhow, giving the benefit of doubt, I'd like to know what major event occured in his life that changed his views on blacks, gays and women because whatever it was, we need to bottle it and pass it around among a lot of white men. :arrow2: :idea2:

I don't know what's in his heart, PARAM. Just because he used foul language and said some mean things doesn't necessarily mean he's an evil and hateful person. I've said bad stuff in my life that wasn't reflective of my true heart and feelings. Sometimes emotions take over. Sometimes we tell jokes and make comments among our friends. Sometimes we don't think about another's feelings and don't self-filter ourselves. It's human nature and it's not always evil or hateful. Ignorant? Yeah, sometimes...but not necessary evil. I'm more conscious of what I think and say now so yeah, I've changed for the better. Not that I was ever a bad guy and all but yeah, the uniforms still suck! :P

by Elvis
2 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   38456  
United States of America   Los Angeles
Administrator

Putting this here too since there's a fair amount of Gruden content:

by Joe Pendleton
2 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   1843  
Virgin Islands (USA)   LA Coliseum
Pro Bowl

snackdaddy wrote:Gruden's career with anything NFL related is over. No one's gonna touch him with a hundred foot pole. I know he's not the only one who has that mindset. But apparently he's the only one who's stupid enough to put it in writing. I gotta think it was arrogance on his part. Maybe he thought he was untouchable and didn't expect repercussions? If so, that would be extremely arrogant.

“Hubris” brother

by Joe Pendleton
2 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   1843  
Virgin Islands (USA)   LA Coliseum
Pro Bowl

St. Loser Fan wrote:

Love the vid pic lmfao

• 11 / 18
171 posts Apr 19 2024