20 posts
  • 2 / 2
 by Hacksaw
2 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   24523  
United States of America   AT THE BEACH

PARAM wrote:For some reason (big thumbs?) when I type on my phone I hit the period instead of the space bar so it comes.out.like.this.

You need to space out more often.. ;)

Only problem I've had which was intermittent. The notification tab would take me to the forum directory. Lately it hasn't been doing it.

by aeneas1
2 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   16894  
United States of America   Norcal
Hall of Fame

forum should be back to normal with everything working, including all of the things mentioned in this thread (notification link, etc.).

the problem was caused by a server cache feature that's designed to speed up websites, unfortunately it cached files that didn't fully load and was presenting those "broken" files to rfu visitors.

if you're still having issues you just need to delete your rfu cookies in your browser settings, that should do the trick.

by Hacksaw
2 years 6 months ago

Thanks @aeneas1. We can always count on you!

by BobCarl
2 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   4296  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Superstar

not able to post a new topic again ...

by aeneas1
2 years 6 months ago
Hall of Fame

yeah, at this point i've got to believe that it has something to do with the site host, the behavior is just too strange, gonna try to chat with them one more time because i'm out of answers...

by Elvis
2 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   38457  
United States of America   Los Angeles
Administrator

The site is gonna be funky for a bit longer.

Our host decided to automatically update some behind the scenes software that we specifically don't want updated and have set to manual for the very reason that it disables a lot of our customized features which is why everything is so wonky right now, at least one of the reasons.

Hang tight.

by Hacksaw
2 years 6 months ago

@aeneas1 .
Well the PC works but the mobile keeps taking me to the directory. I cleared all the cookies and then the site didn't recognize my for about 12 hrs. Wouldn't let me log in. Now that I'm in I noticed my post count went down about 50 posts. NBD but I noticed that. Still not working right today.
Also the moderators ability to edit or manage others posters posts has vanished. The edit tab is gonzo...

by aeneas1
2 years 6 months ago
Hall of Fame

Hacksaw wrote:@aeneas1 .
Well the PC works but the mobile keeps taking me to the directory. I cleared all the cookies and then the site didn't recognize my for about 12 hrs. Wouldn't let me log in. Now that I'm in I noticed my post count went down about 50 posts. NBD but I noticed that. Still not working right today.
Also the moderators ability to edit or manage others posters posts has vanished. The edit tab is gonzo...

just checked my phone (android) and everything is working properly, and fast... hopefully your issues are just cache related and will sort out soon...

• 2 / 2
20 posts Apr 19 2024