81 posts
  • 1 / 9
 by max
2 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   5580  
United States of America   Sarasota, FL
Hall of Fame

Warner picked Bucs today.

Now, by itself I’m ok with him picking against us, but the guy also comes out and says he wants his movie to be shown on the SoFi oculus.

You can’t have it both ways Kurt.

by PARAM
2 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   12241  
Barbados   Just far enough North of Philadelphia
Hall of Fame

Kurt knows some of his records might drop this year.

This offense rivals the GSOT to some degree. If they had a Marshall-type RB it would be even closer. Stafford 10.0 yds/attempt through 3 games and a 129.8 QB rating.

The Rams have 10 touchdown drives of 70 yards or more (4 of them 4 plays or less). The fastest (today) 0:58. The longest (Indy) 8:18. They do it both ways.

by safer
2 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   1275  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Pro Bowl

Sooo, he shouldn't be honest about his opinion because he wants his movie shown at Sofi?
That's one of the reasons I'm such a huge fan of his. To me, he is a totally genuine and classy man who also was a great QB.

by jackburginjr
2 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   92  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Practice Squad

Ah, YES he can. So what he picked TB, who cares. Yes pretty sure most Rams fans WANT to see his movie.

by PARAM
2 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   12241  
Barbados   Just far enough North of Philadelphia
Hall of Fame

jackburginjr wrote:....pretty sure most Rams fans WANT to see his movie.

Why? We saw the real thing. I don't watch the replay of the 99 Superbowl anymore. It just makes me realize how such a good thing got so fooked up. By a thumb injury. Possibly too much media attention on a wife. Too many dumbasses in the front office. And perhaps even an ego thing between a head coach and a quarterback.

Having said all that, I don't care who Warner picks. It's his job, it's silly and doesn't have anything to do with the game or outcome. Wonder who he's picking next week? 8-)

by max
2 years 6 months ago
Hall of Fame

PARAM wrote:Why? We saw the real thing. I don't watch the replay of the 99 Superbowl anymore. It just makes me realize how such a good thing got so fooked up. By a thumb injury. Possibly too much media attention on a wife. Too many dumbasses in the front office. And perhaps even an ego thing between a head coach and a quarterback.

Having said all that, I don't care who Warner picks. It's his job, it's silly and doesn't have anything to do with the game or outcome. Wonder who he's picking next week? 8-)

I agree with most of that.

And I wouldn’t care a bit who Warner picks as long as he’s not asking to be embraced by us.

Warner strikes me as a guy who wants his cake and eat it too. Always did.

Of course, it’s every Rams fan prerogative to cling to the past glory of Warner’s achievement as a Ram, just as it’s my prerogative to see him as I do.

You will never see a true Rams great, like Youngblood, or Dickerson, or Faulk, pick the Rams to lose at home when the are a great team.

My image of Warner is a guy who comes into your house, tells you you’re gonna lose, then drinks your beer. Fuck That.

by Elvis
2 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   38448  
United States of America   Los Angeles
Administrator

So Warner should lie about who he thinks will win in order to stay in the good graces of Rams fans?

That logic doesn't follow for me and how much do we even think these guys in the media are giving their honest opinions and not dividing it up in a way producers think makes for good television?

by max
2 years 6 months ago
Hall of Fame

Elvis wrote:So Warner should lie about who he thinks will win in order to stay in the good graces of Rams fans?

That logic doesn't follow for me and how much do we even think these guys in the media are giving their honest opinions and not dividing it up in a way producers think makes for good television?

As I said, it’s your prerogative to see Warner as you wish.

Most of these guys in the media say whatever gets them attention. Nobody really cares who guesses the winners of football games correct. The attention span of the audience is very short.

I heard one media guy say Kara Henderson told him he had no shot of meeting up with Stafford cause he picked against him. I think it was Greg Rosenthal of NFL.COM. I can go find the podcast again if it’s important.

I’ll be curious to see if Demoff shows Warner’s movie on the Oculus. My hope is NFW.

by HopHead Ram
2 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   1568  
United States of America   The Left Coast
Pro Bowl

To be fair, a lot of folks took the Bucs yesterday. Until they were knocked down, they were the team to beat. They were 2-0 and Brady looked like he was on pace for a MVP type season. That all changed yesterday but hindsight is 20/20. What will be interesting is who he picks this week. I think he aligns himself more to the Cards than the Rams these days and they are also 3-0. My bet is he picks them to beat the Rams.

by rams74
2 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   1469  
Italy   Glendale, Arizona
Pro Bowl

HopHead Ram wrote:To be fair, a lot of folks took the Bucs yesterday. Until they were knocked down, they were the team to beat. They were 2-0 and Brady looked like he was on pace for a MVP type season. That all changed yesterday but hindsight is 20/20. What will be interesting is who he picks this week. I think he aligns himself more to the Cards than the Rams these days and they are also 3-0. My bet is he picks them to beat the Rams.

They're not paying Kurt to be a fan. Good grief.

• 1 / 9
81 posts Apr 18 2024