81 posts
  • 9 / 9
 by /zn/
2 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   6763  
United States of America   Maine
Hall of Fame

PARAM wrote:Good point.

I just wish he was more like Ike or Torry who both left for other teams and yet consider themselves lifelong Rams (or it at least seems like they do). Sure he did leave under bad circumstances.....the Rams quitting on a SB winning QB/a thumb injury he didn't think affected his performance.....and he ended up in Arizona where he made it to yet another Superbowl. But it's not like he WON that game with Arizona. He certainly enjoyed much more success with the Rams than Arizona, whether you measure it in "wins" or stats. And the important part is whomever from the Rams he felt dissed him are certainly long gone but the fans, who appreciated him and had nothing to do with the events, are still there. Unless maybe he feels the fans dissed him too? To this fan, there appears to be a look in his eyes when he's discussing the Rams, akin to tasting a certain food for the first time that doesn't agree with him or trying to appear calm as he's getting a sigmoidoscapy in the doctors office. You can tell something is just not right.

Dickerson, Holt, and Bruce were not with other teams as long as they were with the Rams. It is true that Dickerson had reasons to be disenchanted with the Rams but he overlooked it (Youngblood too btw). Warner was not a Ram for as long as he was a Ram, and went to a superbowl with another team. So his situation is not the same as Bruce or Holt, who were only briefly with other teams.

I don't see the things you're talking about when Warner discusses the Rams. Either way I have no problem with him.

• 9 / 9
81 posts Apr 19 2024